A legend takes time out to pose for a photograph

I remember Mark Walters 'liked' a reply i made to something he'd put on twitter and i was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the day!!

One of my all time favourites, and alongside Super my original Rangers hero. I can still remember how excited i was going to Ibrox and seeing him play in the flesh.

I remember Mark Walters 'liked' a reply i made to something he'd put on twitter and i was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the day!!

One of my all time favourites, and alongside Super my original Rangers hero. I can still remember how excited i was going to Ibrox and seeing him play in the flesh.
Initially was not a fan as his arrival pushed my hero closer to the door. Once i dealt with that though, what a player.
Took the ball in the tightest of spaces, wee twist or turn and he was free. Wish he had stayed longer

Mark Walters was an excellent player for us and always turned up for old firm games.

I think it was the introduction of the three foreigner rule that forced him out.

I still say that if we had been able to keep Walters longer, him on the left wing in 1992/93 would have seen us win the first ever Champions League.

No slight on guys like Huistra or Miko who played there, but Walters was on a different level of goal threat. And look how close we came without him.

This would have been one of the greatest individual goals scored by a Rangers player if his finish had beaten the keeper.

What a player Mark was for us.
Loved a goal against the lowlife, even directly from a corner kick.

What a player Mark was for us.
Loved a goal against the lowlife, even directly from a corner kick.
Mind Walters taking a penalty against them, in front of their orcs in the Broomloan, and Pat Bonner crossing himself like some demented Haitian voodoo worshipper from Live & Let Die ….

Needless to say the voodoo did the worky, Walters stuck it away and gave the badge a nice big kiss in front of the slevering hordes.

Back