Airdrie/Partick (and Tuesday fixtures of lesser importance)

Watching the Airdrie Thistle game as one of my sons football coaches plays CH for Airdrie.

He wasn’t great at Thistles second goal there :oops:

They lost a lot of fans during the years at Broadwood and they didn’t come back to the new stadium.
The league didn't help, forcing them into building a stadium that was clearly a lot bigger than what the club required, which really kills the atmosphere, and as I hinted at earlier, an all-seater is clearly at odds with the nature of the Airdrie support.

It's sad to see.

For me, there was something special about Broomfield. Not a huge support, but a very admirable one that made their hatred of them very clear to all.

There was also the anti-Communist activist John Martin in goal for about 100 years as well, and Alex McDonald.

THEE Alex McDonald. Perhaps the predecessor of my Ibrox favourite, John Brown, with the same red hair, the same perfect set of values, and the same impeccable judgement when it comes to who to hate and why.

When is the Stranraer East Kilbride play off?

Hope Stranraer can stay up. Have a bit of a soft spot for them. Have drank in their social club piles of times whilst down waiting for the boat home

Not sure its a yellow
As Megwa is chopped down cynically

Can tell michael stewart has never played football

Finished the Airdrie v Thistle game and turned over to the Champions League final just in time to see somebody holding his face and rolling around. Didnt get that in the Thistle game.

PSG crying tears the size of pineapple chunks after Dortmund had the fangs of a walrus.

Ray Hudson commentating on US tv.

Is the league 1 to championship play off format different to the championship to premiership playoff format?
Historically the difference was that the Championship play-off was designed to absolutely wipe out the clubs from that league with exhaustion, before they faced a Premier side that was rested and fresh.

Not sure if the scheduling is still like that.

When Accies done Hibs, it really was an unbelievable achievement. Think they finished 3rd or 4th, so 4 games in a very short period, then Hibs won the first leg 2-0 before Accies achieved what appeared to be the impossible.

Is the league 1 to championship play off format different to the championship to premiership playoff format?

Yeah it's different championship and league one places are 9th from league above v 4th place and 2nd v 3rd the winners play each other in a final.

Premiership is 2 ties 3rd v 4th winner then plays 2 ties against 2nd place then final is 2 ties against 11th in top division. Heavily favours the team in the top flight.

Back