Airdrie - ultimate tinpottery

Very weird to go out of their way to do this. Just let some other mob do it when they've actually won it.

Very much a nothing event though. Two shite teams doing shite stuff.

Would Dundee Utd do the same for them?

Rhetorical question.

Sometimes idiots do learn.......sometimes

Airdrie have turned soft, that would never have happened at old Broomfield.
Dundee Utd would have been sworn at on to the field.

Gies peace. They aren’t going to lose their next two games with a -36 goal difference. They’ve won the title and Airdrie are doing the right thing.

Anything to appear to be out there and cause drama where there doesn’t need to be any. The outcry on here is because it’s Dundee United; call a spade a shovel.

It’s a sign of respect from a side who’ve been through the trials of the same amount of games and know how difficult it must’ve been for them to win the title.

Why would you call a spade a shovel? They are different things.

Airdrie have turned soft, that would never have happened at old Broomfield.
Dundee Utd would have been sworn at on to the field.

The fans booed as soon as the players lined up for it.

They then booed again as Dundee Scum came out.

They then bailed on the park to fight with the Dundee Scum support that went on the park at full time, hardly soft.

Bastards, I was waiting on both teams to score for a 20 selection, 5 game bet builder that would've returned £868 from £1.
If it was an Airdrie bookie they'd have paid out as you were likely going to win it anyway!

Look at me, Look at me, ambulance chasing, steak-pie eating nonsense from Airdrie.

Guards of Honour are shite anyway, never mind guards of honour for champions elect ffs.

The guard of honor routine belongs in the 19th century with all the other Corinthian pish
It's a red neck for the team doing it as well smas the team receiving it
Just play the game. No one wants this nonsense

Yes when they are champions. They need to beat Airdrie to confirm that. Pathetic from Airdrie to even consider this
A draw would have confirmed them champions (which it did)

Only a 28-0 loss would have given Raith an outside chance of clawing it back.

People don't half get would up about some irrelevant stuff on here.

A draw would have confirmed them champions (which it did)

Only a 28-0 loss would have given Raith an outside chance of clawing it back.

People don't half get would up about some irrelevant stuff on here.
If GD is in play and a win for scum all but confirms them as champions v us at piggery I'll look forward to you advocating us clapping them on to the pitch. Its irrelevant stuff, right?

Let's hope we get loads more threads like this in the future where we can all get worked up about lower division teams standing in a line clapping their hands together for thirty seconds or so.

If GD is in play and a win for scum all but confirms them as champions v us at piggery I'll look forward to you advocating us clapping them on to the pitch. Its irrelevant stuff, right?
Not really, FWIW I don't agree with the guard of honours full stop and would rather they never happened.

But they do. What's irrelevant is Rangers fans getting wound up about a Diddy Scottish championship team doing it for another Diddy Scottish championship team.

Not really, FWIW I don't agree with the guard of honours full stop and would rather they never happened.

But they do. What's irrelevant is Rangers fans getting wound up about a Diddy Scottish championship team doing it for another Diddy Scottish championship team.
The whole forum is irrelevant then if the thread isn't about Rangers?
It's a football forum and folk are entitled to discuss football matters regardless of what you find relevant.
The beauty of it is you don't need to engage if you find a thread irrelevant.

The whole forum is irrelevant then if the thread isn't about Rangers?
It's a football forum and folk are entitled to discuss football matters regardless of what you find relevant.
The beauty of it is you don't need to engage if you find a thread irrelevant.
It's not really about what I find relevant, this is irrelevant cos people are splitting hairs about something that isn't within the realms of possibility.

If anyone thinks that a 6 point and 36 goal difference is possible to be caught with 2 games left then I'd suggest they shouldn't even be on a football forum.

It's not really about what I find relevant, this is irrelevant cos people are splitting hairs about something that isn't within the realms of possibility.

If anyone thinks that a 6 point and 36 goal difference is possible to be caught with 2 games left then I'd suggest they shouldn't even be on a football forum.
That's not the point people are making. Clapping a team that has yet to be confirmed as champions is tinpot and more about Airdrie than Utd. Its a look at me gesture.
Not about what you find relevant but you ares suggesting people having a discussion shouldn't be on the forum. Very good.

It’s absolutely crazy the arguments folk are getting into here.

I don’t really understand how you can defend it to be honest - if you’re 30 ahead on goal difference or 300 ahead, you’re still not champions at that stage.

It doesn’t work like that.

It’s cringeworthy behaviour from Airdrie and no one can deny that.

That's not the point people are making. Clapping a team that has yet to be confirmed as champions is tinpot and more about Airdrie than Utd. Its a look at me gesture.
Not about what you find relevant but you ares suggesting people having a discussion shouldn't be on the forum. Very good.
Never said it shouldn't on the forum. I just think it's mad people getting so wound up over something as daft as this.

Anyways I'm away for a can of juice to calm down. Enjoy your day :)

The fans booed as soon as the players lined up for it.

They then booed again as Dundee Scum came out.

They then bailed on the park to fight with the Dundee Scum support that went on the park at full time, hardly soft.
I meant the club were soft making the statement before the game. I expected the fans to respond the way they did, I’ve lived near the stadium for a long time and know how it works.

Complete bampottery.
Once the league is won a firm brisk gentlemanly handshake should suffice.
Well played sir etc etc.
Then a shout of let's get into these bally scoundrels.
What what.

There's a lot more things in the world to be worked up over than a football team being congratulated for winning a league that will happen unless they lose 20-0.
Im not sure anyones getting 'worked up' about it B-D .

If it was my team doing this cringe then I would be.

At the point of time of Airdrie's lickspittling, Dundee Utd have not won the league.

Undisputed fact.

What, exactly,is tinpottery?
Something which is tinpot is usually understood to be lacking importance or respect.

Tinpottery would be performing an action which qualifies as something lacking importance or that doesn't deserve respect.

Hence Airdrie and their tinpottery.

Mathematically no, but technically there's still a chance of me pumping Kylie. I know what it more likely to happen.
Please mr Hill, I know my coupon isn't officially up, but I know what is likely to happen in the last game. Can I have my £125 now please.

What’s with the pitch invasions at promotions and title wins every time now?

United did at Tannadice and then at Airdrie. Why? They should’ve absolutely pissed the league.

A guard of honour is bad enough.

But to announce it as though it was an admirable ‘look-at-me’ thing is rather tragic.

As an aside, Broomfield was the first ground I ever went to.

Something which is tinpot is usually understood to be lacking importance or respect.

Tinpottery would be performing an action which qualifies as something lacking importance or that doesn't deserve respect.

Hence Airdrie and their tinpottery.
So, it’s importance and deserving of respect at their level. Now I know what arrogance looks like.

Back