Dessers doesn't play on the left for us. Not much in it by goals scored

This season
Sakala 19 goals in 38 games
Dessers 20 goals in 49 games

Last season
Sakala 12 goals in 41 games
Dessers 10 goals in 32 games
How many goals sakala in Saudi has to Dessers in the spl is irrelevant

It's true that we needed better than Fashion, unfortunately, albeit through injuries and bad management we have worse than Fashion left in our squad.

It was the correct decision to sell him. Signed for free and received 4 million for him. That's is our business model.

A great guy but ultimately not good enough. Our recruitment being a shambles afterwards doesn't mean the original decision to sell was incorrect.

I liked Sakala as a squad player, but when you get such a player in on a bosman and get offered 4 million quid for him you take it.

It's how the money was spent, that is the real issue.

He was playing because he was in form either scoring or creating, from when Beale came in to season end.
There was nobody else. Your not gonny play Scott Wright if you can help it. He was alright lets not rewrite history. I liked him as a sqaud player he contributed numbers. Think it speaks volumes that he didn't start the Europa league final. I'd rather have him than Wright an wouldn't have used his cash on Lammers. But your getting 3 to 4 million on a guy who's no more than decent an lets be honest never done it in big matches. After he missed those open goals against them you knew he'd be off.

Sakala comparisons are Sima, Wright, Matondo and Silva which highlights how poor our recruitment has been. Liked his commitment, but his quality was far too inconsistent.

There was nobody else. Your not gonny play Scott Wright if you can help it. He was alright lets not rewrite history. I liked him as a sqaud player he contributed numbers. Think it speaks volumes that he didn't start the Europa league final. I'd rather have him than Wright a wouldn't have used his cash on Lammers. But your getting 3 to 4 million on a guy who's no more than decent a lets be honest never done it in big matches. After he missed those open goals against them you knew he'd be off.
As I says, he was in form and played his football for us under Beale, yeah was goood money for someone who was signed for free, Lammers was already at the club when Sakala left thought you weren’t rewriting history?

Every squad we've ever had has that weird imbalance. I think that nearly every side we've had since I started following us all that closely had the same sort of imbalances within a starting eleven at times as well. Robert De Boer in one position, Stevie Thompson in another. Jelavic in one, Wylde who's now at Camelon in another. I think the teams that win things at the highest level are the ones who manage to accumulate 15-20 players that are in the former level of ability and very few of the relative latter.
Who?

My mistake about Lammers I'd rather have seen the money for him invested more wisely then. Your really stretching the term form. He was ok. If missing two open goals against them is good form I'd hate to see him when he was off it. He got 12 goals decent on paper over a season but how many came in post split dead rubbers? End of the day could you rely on him. Answer is no. If you liked Sakala mate I think your going to be really happy once Clément has put his stamp on the team.
As I says, he was in form and played his football for us under Beale, yeah was goood money for someone who was signed for free, Lammers was already at the club when Sakala left thought you weren’t rewriting history?

It was the correct decision to sell him. Signed for free and received 4 million for him. That's is our business model.

A great guy but ultimately not good enough. Our recruitment being a shambles afterwards doesn't mean the original decision to sell was incorrect.
Correct.

My mistake about Lammers I'd rather have seen the money for him invested more wisely then. Your really stretching the term form. He was ok. If missing two open goals against them is good form I'd hate to see him when he was off it. He got 12 goals decent on paper over a season but how many came in post split dead rubbers? End of the day could you rely on him. Answer is no. If you liked Sakala mate I think your going to be really happy once Clément has put his stamp on the team.
From when Beale came in his league form was, involved in 23 games, 11 goals, 7 assists, it's good form no matter whatever way you try and change it, I tend to remember him winning the semi final for us against them more than 2 misses.

He’d be more of a threat than Matondo, wright & Silva thats for sure
Harsh on Matondo he's contributed considering the amount of games he's played this season. He'd ofcourse offer more than Silva and Wright but unfortunately nobody is taking Wright off our hands for peanuts nevermind 3 million. Silva only on loan at least.

Sakala comparisons are Sima, Wright, Matondo and Silva which highlights how poor our recruitment has been. Liked his commitment, but his quality was far too inconsistent.
Our recruitment of wide men has been pretty shambolic. Said on another thread it’s a disgrace we have never really upgraded the right hand side since Candieas who also wasn’t very good.

The money made it easier to sell so can’t overly grumble in that regard.

It was then up to us to replace adequately.

Hes better than Wright Matondo Silva etc in terms of what he actually brought.

With the injury problems we have had to our wide men Sakala would have done us a turn this season.
I have no idea why we let Defoe go. He had at least another season in him. Maybe not playing 90 mins every game but giving us 45-60 minutes.

I have no idea why we let Defoe go. He had at least another season in him. Maybe not playing 90 mins every game but giving us 45-60 minutes.

The season we won 55 Defoe finnished it playing like a 28 years old.

I was surprised when he went to Sunderland and it never worked out and he hung up boots after a few games maybe his legs just went.

Back