Albanian update

A friend told me that he'd heard an Albanian politician say there is no mafia in Albania-they've all gone to London pretending they're refugees from Kosovo.

:))
I recently listened to a podcast on the EncroChat hack of a few years ago. Apparently 10% of all the data recovered for the UK (or possibly london) was in Albanian. Pretty impressive considering the size of Albania compared to the UK.

I read that because FARC no longer patrol the borders , Eastern Europeans control the trafficking with the Mexican cartels.

This article from a few years ago highlights what they have been upto in Ecuador:

This article from a few years ago highlights what they have been upto in Ecuador:

Strangely enough I was talking to my son about the Albanian mafia. We found out that after the fall of Communism in 1992 a lot of documents collected by the Secret police about citizens and also the staff of the Secret police were destroyed or went missing.

A decision was made rather than follow previous regimes purge of those responsible for past atrocities, they decided to start afresh. A lot of those responsible were known and in thew 'house of Leaves'- the museum of the Secret police their names and photographs are displayed.

Now this is just supposition, but I wonder if those responsible plus friends /families decided Albania was proving uncomfortable for them and so decided to export the terroir they had become masters at and form gangs in other countries.

Now like I say I've no proof of this, just an ideal thought.

thanks drgriffen for the article.

picture safe app

I don't think it's EU money that has seen the major improvements to the country in the last 10 years. Its all the Albanian gangsters from across the world sending their money home....

ESsmHj4.jpg

hrFpcX6.jpg

WzT0MJz.jpg

Back