Alfredo ‘el búfalo’ Morelos

Alfredo Morelos is the best player in the country.

We have the best forward and goalkeeper in Scotland – Morelos and Allan McGregor can win us this league.
Absolutely spot on. We a have a top class goalkeeper and a top class centre forward. There is room for improvement in every other position. Give us a top class midfielder, eg Barry Ferguson, and 55 is ours.

He is essential to any title aspirations we have. He's absolute quality and will be a world class player in seasons to come. Just as long as he stays with us long enough to win 55. I absolutely love the wee fella.

And to think of all the comments earlier in the season calling for Morelos to be benched and for Lafferty to be the main striker! Lafferty offers very little. Poor signing.
He ( Lafferty ) has been a bit 'hit or miss' and I agree but at least he won't be banging them in for Hearts !

Last edited:
He’s irreplaceable in this squad that’s for sure.
You knew as soon as he scored that second he was looking for a way to be tactically booked.

He was great today, link up play is improving all the time and his finish was fantastic - last season he might have slashed at that chance early but he bought a bit of time and placed it well. Love the wee man.

For what it’s worth I thought Lafferty did alright today, some nice touches but he needs more minutes and while Morelos is in the form he is he isn’t likely to get them unfortunately.

Pretty much , he has become far more clinical to add to his top level over all play.

He is beginning to look like the complete striker and , sad to say, a level above the SPFL .

The hammer throwers will testify to that.

Not too sad though as long as he remains at Ibrox !

Lafferty is decent enough and should do fine against Dundee, but Alfie is on a different level.

His finishing and work has improved massively this season. On for half an hour and a goal and an assist.

There’s only one team in the league he hasn’t scored against now, may that change on the 29th of December.

Couldn’t agree more with the OP.

I was angry at the game when the team was read out and realised he was benched .

No harm to Lafferty tried his best but it’s night and day .

If we sell Morelos for less than £15 million my books going back . He’s that important and we aren’t the same without him .

He changed the game for me. Brought players into the game with a combination of great hold up play and tidy lay offs. A joy to watch and our best player by a country mile.

Couldn’t agree more with the OP.

I was angry at the game when the team was read out and realised he was benched .

No harm to Lafferty tried his best but it’s night and day .

If we sell Morelos for less than £15 million my books going back . He’s that important and we aren’t the same without him .

You don't have a book. It's not 1983

You don't have a book. It's not 1983

Old habits . I can only make roughly half the games but I gladly pay it and take my wee boy . I’ll prob call it a book all my days now though . I just hope the board keep calm and keep Morelos unless we do get the £15million or so . He’s that good

Yep, he has been our best player this season by quite some distance.
It’s unfortunate but money talks and he will be off for big bucks sooner rather than later. As long as we get properly decent cash for him, I’m thinking around £15 million here, then I can accept that, we simply aren’t in a position to knock back a huge offer like that.

It looked to me today as of he’s been told to get involved with a defender and draw a booking. It was the ‘best’ game he could have missed

Old habits . I can only make roughly half the games but I gladly pay it and take my wee boy . I’ll prob call it a book all my days now though . I just hope the board keep calm and keep Morelos unless we do get the £15million or so . He’s that good

If the Tims can get £20m for Dembele, we can get that for Morelos. He's the best player in the country, and it's not even close tbh

He is awesome, and I love how the horrible bitter cùnts in our game delude themselves that he's pish. The day will come when he bangs in a couple against the beasts and it's gonna be sweet.

Best player we have and without him upfront we are badly lacking and today was another game that showed it.Lafferty was slow as week in jail today.

We improved a lot when he came on, no doubt about that at all. His link up play was great and it allowed our midfield to get a little higher up the park.

Lafferty wasn’t great today but he wasn’t as bad as some were making out either.

The difference between him now and the end of last season is remarkable.

Having a manager he clearly respects is making a helluva difference.

The goal today was sheer power.

It’s just been a joy to watch him develop SDF. I felt that he has always shown the potential to be the player he now is but to achieve that potential ( and probably go a lot further now ) is the hardest part.
Many of our players have had potential but it never turned into much in the end.
We have a load of youngsters in the squad & I hope that he is a big influence on them the way they can develop too.

Reactions: SDF
The difference between him now and the end of last season is remarkable.

Having a manager he clearly respects is making a helluva difference.

The goal today was sheer power.
He is a real confidence player. After missing that sitter against them in the 3-2 game his season pretty much collapsed. But this season under Gerrard he has his confidence back and has improved immensely, defenders must hate playing against him.

Said this at the game, we have two world class players in Mcgregor and Morelos.

The rest of the team are pretty average.

Our midfield is really average.
Think you have slightly over exaggerated there, they are both good players and the best in our team, glad to have them but world class!! Never.

Last edited:
Yep, he has been our best player this season by quite some distance.
It’s unfortunate but money talks and he will be off for big bucks sooner rather than later. As long as we get properly decent cash for him, I’m thinking around £15 million here, then I can accept that, we simply aren’t in a position to knock back a huge offer like that.

£15 million isn't enough. Considering the inflation of the transfer market over the past 5 years, and the fact that the 2018/19 version of Alfredo Morelos is the best player to have appeared in Scotland during that time (undeniably IMO), then it stands to reason that he would break the Scottish transfer record when he leaves Rangers.

He's 22 years old and under contract until 2022. We can absolutely afford to knock back bids for him.

Best player in this league by a country mile. Any bid under £20m should be booted into touch immediately.

However, it’s unfair to use him as a stick to beat Lafferty with. The big man looked less than match sharp, and is absolutely fine as back up just now.

I hope Gerrard really does fight to keep him though I feel his comments are also aimed at bumping his price up and discouraging insulting bids.

Back