All you need to know about Scottish football in one video clip.

Incredible that both the referee (staring at it) and VAR with the benefit of multiple camera angles and unlimited replays managed to fail to review this. Its a two footed stamp that leaves the player in agony, there's zero excuse for this.

Compliance Officer? Does this still exist?
The compliance officer has been on vacation recently, I can't remember where I heard it, but is due back later this week following an operation to correct an eyelid problem which was causing intermittent loss of sight! o_O

Last edited:
Incredible that both the referee (staring at it) and VAR with the benefit of multiple camera angles and unlimited replays managed to fail to review this. Its a two footed stamp that leaves the player in agony, there's zero excuse for this.
Or they did in real time (VAR) and had the benefit of the other angles and saw that he didn't stamp on the players leg.
IMO, as I said earlier in the thread... he jumps over the Hearts player's head and catches him with his knee... you can see that in the slow-mo part of the clip. Then when he comes down, he lands inside his leg and doesn't connect.
The Hearts player ends up on the floor holding his head, not his leg.
Just IMO before I get the sniff sniff, tim treatment.
Not everything is a conspiracy. It's exhausting.

As much as I want to be raging about this, and it is a foul for the trip, I don't think he actually lands on him. Slowing it right down it looks like the foot lands on the grass and he pushes off from it straight away, and the Hearts player is holding his head as if he's taken a knock on the head as McGregor leaps over him. If he got stamped on like is being suggested, he'd surely be grabbing his calf/shin?

Saying that maybe he does afterwards, I've not seen the full thing. Just very wary about going all out about this sort of thing then you see the full video and close up and it ends up not a stamp, so I'll await a better quality video of it.
You are seeing it different from me.
Screenshot-2024-05-07-18-56-56-157-com-android-chrome-edit.jpg

Or they did in real time (VAR) and had the benefit of the other angles and saw that he didn't stamp on the players leg.
IMO, as I said earlier in the thread... he jumps over the Hearts player's head and catches him with his knee... you can see that in the slow-mo part of the clip. Then when he comes down, he lands inside his leg and doesn't connect.
Could you perhaps help clear this up, seeing as you seem to know something no one else does. You have obviously seen angles that conclusively prove he landed between the Hearts players leg's. Can you please provide them on here.
There is a good fellow.
Perhaps you could maybe post them through to the Sun, because they haven't cleared the matter up.

Just a small point, when someone kicks you in the head, and then maybe somewhere else after that, I can assure you from experience your hands will certainly go to your head first. Indeed often they may stay there regardless of pain elsewhere.

By the way, no one is claiming a conspiracy, well ... apart from you.
A conspiracy would suggest people meeting beforehand to decide on a course of action.
However, this doesn't stop various people following behaviour which accords with a common instinct or set of interests.
For instance, when a gun goes off and everyone falls to the floor, it isn't a conspiracy to do so.

Now you may well be correct in all you say, it sounds reasonable enough, but I am sure the rest of us would like to see what you have seen.
The floor is yours we await the evidence.

Or maybe it happened so early in the game they were still fist pumping each other and making sure the lids on their coffees were on firmly enough.

Could you perhaps help clear this up, seeing as you seem to know something no one else does. You have obviously seen angles that conclusively prove he landed between the Hearts players leg's. Can you please provide them on here.
There is a good fellow.
Perhaps you could maybe post them through to the Sun, because they haven't cleared the matter up.

Just a small point, when someone kicks you in the head, and then maybe somewhere else after that, I can assure you from experience your hands will certainly go to your head first. Indeed often they may stay there regardless of pain elsewhere.

By the way, no one is claiming a conspiracy, well ... apart from you.
A conspiracy would suggest people meeting beforehand to decide on a course of action.
However, this doesn't stop various people following behaviour which accords with a common instinct or set of interests.
For instance, when a gun goes off and everyone falls to the floor, it isn't a conspiracy to do so.

Now you may well be correct in all you say, it sounds reasonable enough, but I am sure the rest of us would like to see what you have seen.
The floor is yours we await the evidence.
I’ve seen the same as everyone else.

Makes me giggle when you say I’m the one saying there is a conspiracy!!

You’re going to have to point it out to me in the post of mine that you’ve quoted where I said I saw other images.
If you haven't, then you are cutting McGregor an awful lot of slack.
Considering what Rangers supporters already know about that player from our experiences.
More slack than two bitter Tim ex-refs I should add.

Scottish league decider coming up on Saturday. And the SFA appoint a referee who has been proven incapable or unwilling to enforce handball rules against celtic players in a game this season which would have resulted in a penalty for Rangers.

If you haven't, then you are cutting McGregor an awful lot of slack.
Considering what Rangers supporters already know about that player from our experiences.
More slack than two bitter Tim ex-refs I should add.
I am just calling it as I see it. It's my opinion that no contact was made. I am not saying I am right or anyone else is wrong, just stating what I think. That's what a forum is for, isn't it? We can all have different opinions on things.

What I'll add is if it was a stamp, why has nothing come out from the Hearts camp? Nothing from Naismith (who is usually pretty vocal isn't he?) or the player at all. You'd think something as serious as a stamp would be commented on by the team in some way.

I am just calling it as I see it. It's my opinion that no contact was made. I am not saying I am right or anyone else is wrong, just stating what I think. That's what a forum is for, isn't it? We can all have different opinions on things.

What I'll add is if it was a stamp, why has nothing come out from the Hearts camp? Nothing from Naismith (who is usually pretty vocal isn't he?) or the player at all. You'd think something as serious as a stamp would be commented on by the team in some way.
Surely the point is that it should still have been met with comment during the game and an angle shown to clear the matter up. It should also surely have aroused a reaction from VAR, even a passing comment like VAR review ongoing and over, no contact. I don't see that any of this occurred.

Further, I don't know what Hearts have or haven't said, the matter wouldn't have been an issue if it hadn't been remarked upon in social media. Personally, I don't look at Heart's sites so I don't know, do you?
Any absence of discussion in the Scottish press and media isn't particularly surprising, they do a very good job of the three wise monkeys when Celtic are in the wrong.
I am sure you must have noticed that?

I should add, McGregor fouled the lad initially and then lept over his head making initial contact with the head, which in itself might be deemed dangerous. The subsequent planting of the foot also looked like a deliberate stamp, even if he missed it could still be deemed an attempt.
These are just more reasons for VAR looking at it.
I shudder to think what would be made of Cantwell in a similar situation.

He will be cited any day now...
Who can ever forget that game at Easter Road and the incident with Porteous and Alfredo when Clancy was reported to have said that he saw the incident. He gave Alfredo a yellow card. Then the SMSM got involved and then the Compliance Officer got involved and to no one's surprise Clancy was allowed to re-referee the incident whereupon he was quoted as saying that he had seen the original incident but hadn't seen the naughty part. Alfredo's yellow card was upgraded to red.

But if Hearts is not prepared to fight their corner.......

Last edited:
Based on Alfies reds it's a red everyday of the week.

The contact point isn’t even relevant. The stamping motion alone should see him gone. The same media/fans giving McGregor the benefit of the doubt would be the very same ones up in arms demanding a retrospective red card if it was Morelos/Silva or whoever the latest rangers bogeyman is.

The contact point isn’t even relevant. The stamping motion alone should see him gone. The same media/fans giving McGregor the benefit of the doubt would be the very same ones up in arms demanding a retrospective red card if it was Morelos/Silva or whoever the latest rangers bogeyman is.

Did the media make any fuss about the latest cheating from that lot. ?

They rarely do, tbh.

If that was Lundstram, they'd still be yammering on about it.

Did the media make any fuss about the latest cheating from that lot. ?

They rarely do, tbh.

If that was Lundstram, they'd still be yammering on about it.
I find a lot of 'selective editing' goes on.

I asked after the Motherwell game who did the SPFL Youtube highlights as Casey's assault on McCausland wasn't included in the highlights, nor the goal we had ruled out for offside.

I would bet that this incident from McGregor has gone the same way.

I find a lot of 'selective editing' goes on.

I asked after the Motherwell game who did the SPFL Youtube highlights as Casey's assault on McCausland wasn't included in the highlights, nor the goal we had ruled out for offside.

I would bet that this incident from McGregor has gone the same way.

The challenge on McCausland was a shocker.

That the 'Well player who did it was allowed to score the winner cost us 3 points that day.

It is sickening, tbh.

Back