Ally McCoist - co commentary

I'll tell you what, he seems to be everywhere these days.

He says what he sees, all you can ask for. He's brilliant.

Last edited:
He mixes his knowledge of the game perfectly with his character, it’s no surprise he gets so many jobs, It’s unusual to see people work for so many companies at the same time, ally’s everywhere

He's knowledgeable, charismatic, and actually achieved a great deal in football. Really makes him stand out to the usual dross.

With all that you'd forgive him for just turning up, but even then he's putting in a power of work on research and preparation. What a difference it makes.

I'll tell you what though, Ally does say I'll tell you what.. a lot. But I'll tell you what, that Derek Ferguson says I'll tell you what about 10 times a commentary.

He’s fantastic in his media roles.
He must love it as he’s past pension age now.
He’s a natural, nothing forced or fake

He mixes his knowledge of the game perfectly with his character, it’s no surprise he gets so many jobs, It’s unusual to see people work for so many companies at the same time, ally’s everywhere

Yet ask him his best job, Centre forward for Rangers.

Super is positive and upbeat, its why he is in demand, people dont want dreary cants on co comms. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

That wee glint in his eyes, that wee smirk and then smile before he says something
So far ahead of any other co-Comms.

generally seems to be loved by anyone who is watching a football game when he's the co-commentator as well or they've found out he's going to be doing that game

which does not happen with a lot of co-commentators in the football game, loads that people hate

He’s ahead of the game in that industry of comms. Has been for years so deserves to be doing everything. Talented guy is Ally.

The sad reality is that Super Ally should really be the face of our game up here. He has everything we need as a figurehead and pundit with respect to knowledge, skill set and personality. Our game should be going to him and throwing the kitchen sink at him to be the face of Scottish football.

Instead? We operate in a narrow minded cesspit where people would sooner depict him falling from our stadium than to have him as a leader of our game. It’s sad beyond belief that an absolutely incredible character like Super Ally isn’t being utilised to better our product and game.

I'll tell ye what.......he's no Chris Sutton.........and for that we are truly thankful.
Gaun yersel Super.

1. He’s one of us

2. A man enjoying life and job. He done that as a player and still does as a media personality.

3. See point one.

Rangers legend first and national treasure second.

Back