Ally on Talksport

It's been nice feature of Walter's time at Rangers to see how his relationship with Ally developed through different phases, into one of affection and friendship. Ally's tribute was very moving.

20211026-115216.jpg

Minute silence at the training ground

I made it as far as Ally almost breaking down. Going to need to finish watching it at home.

Tough watch, thought Simon Jordan was spot on when saying that it was the measure of what a great man Walter was that Ally could sit and do that. Sad sad day, cant believe it

Im at work listening to that, somehow just about managed to hold it together, have to say kudos to Simon Jordan, so respectful just sitting back and letting Ally and Jim White talk away about Walter.

That video had me in tears again. Loved the fact that Ally spoke about the man ,Walter, and not just the manager we knew him as.

Super Ally done well holding that together there. He was about to go a couple of times but managed to compose himself.

Classy as always from Super.

Can’t say the same for United fans who’ve chosen to use their clubs and Gary Neville’s tributes to post “Ole out” nonsense repeatedly.

I was holding back tears driving my truck listening to Ally had to get into the services.

Didn’t think my love and respect for Ally could get any higher. He must be in pieces just now after losing his friend and the class and dignity he’s showing it’s quite remarkable

Incredible strength from Ally there. Walter you will be truly missed but after what you achieved at our club we will always remember you as a legend. RIP.

Ally showed immense courage to come on live radio and pay tribute to Sir Walter, and what an amazing tribute it was.

You could feel the pain in his voice.

Beautiful tribute from Ally. Incredibly strong character to talk live on air moments after hearing the sad news.

Absolutely heartbreaking watching that.

A lovely tribute from the man who you always think of in sync with Walter as the main man during his first spell and his second in command in his second

Must have been so difficult for Ally to hold it together but I tell you what Walter would have been so proud of how he handled that

How Super was able to hold it together pay his personal respects, stories and memories Walter would’ve been so proud of himself.

I was balling my eyes out at that, heart broken.

Not quite sure how Ally managed to get through that as he was struggling to hold it together but he did Walter (and the Smith family) proud. There was no-one more qualified than Ally to speak about him. Massive respect to Ally.

No shame in admitting I shed a few tears listening to Super during that interview.

Very emotional tribute to a great man.

Genuinely had a lump in my throat listening to Ally there and I’m not usually like that. You could hear the emotion in his voice.

Wow.

Incredible strength from Ally there - very few people could have held it together in those circumstances.

Walter would be proud of you mate.

Listening to Ally brought a tiny little bit of comfort on this sad day. Walter and Ally two absolute legends of our Club.

What a fantastic piece by Ally. Seeing him about to break down but hold it together is devastating to see.

Mr Smith passing is utterly devastating, heartbreaking and seeing Ally like that has made it even more painful. This has been a very sad day.

Back