Andy Dibble - 59 today

I think the one most people miss out on is Colin Scott, the first GK substitute in that particular League setup, He came on for The Goalie at Raith Rovers, IIRC
It might even have been his only League game

Happy birthday.
I remember him making a fantastic save in that game, diving at the feet of some peasant to make a point blank block.

I think the one most people miss out on is Colin Scott, the first GK substitute in that particular League setup, He came on for The Goalie at Raith Rovers, IIRC
It might even have been his only League game

Colin Scott was in goal the day we drew with Celtic 1-1 at Ibrox with them having no fans there, I think?

the hesitation and confusion in Gerry Mcnee’s voice at the goal. “Rangers sensationally take the lead!” - through gritted teeth. Roon ye ya fat priiic.

I was working in Wilmslow about 4 or 5 years ago and was in the pub, pub quiz was on. This couple asked if we wanted any help and we started chatting.

The guy said I've got a question for you, who was the Rangers goalie when Rangers won 9 in a row. I was with a Celtic supporter and he said to me you should get that. I said Andy Dibble and the guy said thats right, I'm Andy Dibble. He chatted for a bit and I got my photo taken with him. He has changed a lot.

Strange but true. Still got the photo somewhere.

Andy Dibble - 59 today

A short but glorious Rangers career - forever remembered for that game at Parkhead.

Rangers News article sourced from the Facebook page Old Rangers Pics.

One of several unlikely heroes at the Piggery over the years. Big Ugo being another. Nigel Spackman. Hopefully we'll find another one on Saturday.

Back