Another title gone and same old story

Razorramone

Gutted we blew it again this season. I was praying this was the year we would finally get rid of the demons in our players heads and see it through (although deep down I knew it would end up as it has as it always does)

Onwards and upwards. Can we all finally agree we have a manager that can take us forward. No more nonsense about keeping the players or set up that has failed us year after year. It’s time to move on and build a new team and let our manager make big changes.
The fact anyone thinks we should sack our manager astounds me. He’s worked miracles with a team full of poor signings and players who have outstayed their time.

We need a total overhaul as our manager says. He knows what he’s seen the last few weeks and I guarantee he would be berating them right now if it wasn’t for the cup final still looming.

Let’s hope we sneak a cup final win somehow to cheer us up and maybe this time next year it’ll be a treble. But if we still have the same players making the same mistakes and collapsing when the cups are handed out then god help us

The improvement we've seen since Clement came in gives hope for next season.
Gutting thing is that a few weeks ago we are all confident that we'd beat Dundee, Ross County and Septic and be 5 pts clear and on the way to 56.
Never won any of those games puts a sickener to the end of the season.
Still got cup final in 10 days but i'm not holding out much hope...

Gutted we blew it again this season. I was praying this was the year we would finally get rid of the demons in our players heads and see it through (although deep down I knew it would end up as it has as it always does)

Onwards and upwards. Can we all finally agree we have a manager that can take us forward. No more nonsense about keeping the players or set up that has failed us year after year. It’s time to move on and build a new team and let our manager make big changes.
The fact anyone thinks we should sack our manager astounds me. He’s worked miracles with a team full of poor signings and players who have outstayed their time.

We need a total overhaul as our manager says. He knows what he’s seen the last few weeks and I guarantee he would be berating them right now if it wasn’t for the cup final still looming.

Let’s hope we sneak a cup final win somehow to cheer us up and maybe this time next year it’ll be a treble. But if we still have the same players making the same mistakes and collapsing when the cups are handed out then god help us
Same old faces and the same old song weve been doing this for much to long somethings wrong and its giving me that feeling inside.

I watched the Coppa Italia final earlier and the way it panned out reminded me of us… 13 shots from Atalanta, zero on target. Juventus won the game 1-0 with a goal scored in the first 5 mins and half as many shots. That’s my fear for the SCF, another defensive brainfart and early goal. I’m trying to live in hope about this game but we’ve been stung so many times this season.

Gutting thing is that a few weeks ago we are all confident that we'd beat Dundee, Ross County and Septic and be 5 pts clear and on the way to 56.
What improvement ?

What improvement ?
Coming from 7 points behind? Winning a trophy and winning a pretty difficult Europa League group?

How can you forget where Beale had us so fast. We also got to a few games from the finish line before completely bottling the league, which somewhat sadly, is actually a bit of an improvement for us.

Coming from 7 points behind? Winning a trophy and winning a pretty difficult Europa League group?

How can you forget where Beale had us so fast. We also got to a few games from the finish line before completely bottling the league, which somewhat sadly, is actually a bit of an improvement for us.
7 points from absolute crap in Motherwell,Ross County and Dundee and we wouldn't be in this position.
We got 1

We need not only new players but a new mindset throughout. I think we need at least 8 players and at least half need to be British or Scottish. We have to get a "Rangers" core.

That’s just what you expect from these players though isn’t it. Captain and vice captain were two of the chief culprits in torpedoing our title challenge, says it all.
It certainly does mate,pretty shocking really,we've lost 3 times to the Tims this season but could have still been going into the last game of the season with it in our own hands.......

We need a total overhaul I completely agree, but I’ll be amazed if we have one that’ll provide the instant success the fans want.

In reality, it’s probably a 2 or maybe even 3 transfer window job for a complete overhaul, but make no mistake Mr Clement will not be afforded such time to do it.

Our core team needs to be Scottish, I’m still not convinced by Clement and Koppen - I’m of the view that our management team should be Scottish.

Clement whilst everyone is blowing smoke up his backside had the prize in his grasp but let the shit shows with Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee happen on his watch.

The games against Celtic also had baffling team selections that we could all see were wrong.

Money is tight and we’ve just spent £4.5m on Diomande. Is he really worth that, time will tell.

If the manager sticks with tav,goldson,dessers.Hel be dragged under to another season of under achievement.Hes needs to be strong clear the decks completly rip it up and start again for god sake please!.

While those games against dundee and county hurt us, we picked up 2 points in old firms and they picked up 10. You cant win the league with that. Plus, its hard enough to compete with their money etc without the hospital ward of injuries we have had.

Dont qualify for the UCL and the reality is that we will find it hard to overtake them for a while. Huge summer in which we need to spend smart. Celtic wont let us off the hook this time.

I am hoping that PC has a good recruitment drive this close season, and we have a team of winners for the start of the season.
I don't think the rhats will do much recruitment in the summer, only spending money on the sale of O'reilly, thats if he goes. Rhodgers is already bleating on about getting some of the £60m CL money for players.
They will probably wait to see who we get first and make the Irish Lewandowski a permanent deal.

We seen the very same improvement when Gio came in. Then Beale.

Clement got us to a position where we were in the driving seat and once again the core of this team blew it.

since March, we have played 9 league games and won only 4 of them.

A catastrophic loss of form at a crucial time.
Is it really surprising with a lot of the same personnel in the playing squad, who are pretty much consistent with that scenario, season after season?

Being completely accurate it should be the improvement we saw, past tense, because the subsequent collapse that handed the title to the Yahoos has more or less pitched us back to where we were when Clement came in.

Effectively, he has initiate an improvement all over again.

Sadly too many of the current squad will still be around next season.

I’m not excited to see what Tavernier, Goldson, Wright, Souttar etc do in a new look team. I’ve seen what they don’t do far too long now and sick of the constant let down.

3 really poor seasons now. We can only hope that we somehow manage a wholesale turnover of the squad and we see something different next season. I think we're all a bit sickened by these players and the board. The manager gets a chance next season but without a cup final win he's won zero of his first 4 v them. No Rangers manager can survive for long with that kind of record.

since March, we have played 9 league games and won only 4 of them.

A catastrophic loss of form at a crucial time.
I missed the Motherwell game, but that seems to have been the turning point in hindsight - or else elimination from Europe? The nerves set in amongst the players, and they never recovered.

The mitigations are a terrible run with injuries, especially to in-form players (Danilo, Sima, Ridvan, Cortes, even Sterling briefly), duff Beale signings that gave us no depth to deal with injuries, and some on here also suggested Beale scuppered us fitness wise with a poor pre-season.

The worries going forward are that, even before the wheels fell off, there were many games we managed to win ugly or from behind, rather than dominant performances - Clement has rarely managed to get this group up for a 90 minute performance. And some bizarre team selections from Clement in big matches, and loyalty to certain players through it all. And the defensive frailties we've had, the regularity of shopping cheap goals from set pieces and brainfarts, haven't been rectified since the dying days of Gerard's reign.

The conundrum for me is where the focus of the rebuild should be.
- Without shipping stupid goals, we don't drop so many points against Celtic.
- With strikers taking more of the many, many chances on offer against the dross, we don't drop stupid points there.
- With a better midfield, we generally control the game better over 90 mins, retain and regain possession easier, and restrict opposition chances.

Looking at our current squad, I guess we have to start with our decimated and unreliable defence, with the others being for future windows.

watching Cortes in the 5 million shots on goal Ross County game I believe his injury cost us the urgency and mobility in the front three that could have helped us over line
Saying that even in that game we conceded a daft goal - we just always seemed to find ways to lose from that game on

I have the same level of optimism with Clement as I had with Gerrard. We might not have won the league this season, but we have progressed under Clement, in the same way we progressed under Gerrard, so he has to be given the same time Gerrard was given.

Clement’s main issue this season is that he was a victim of his own success. We were on cloud 9 when he got us to the top of the league. It unfortunately appears that he was working miracles with very poor footballers and the slump was just around the corner.

With another window, pre season and 6-8 of his own players in we will be fine.

Onwards and upwards. Can we all finally agree we have a manager that can take us forward.

Don’t think Rangers fans can agree on the colour of shite tbh.

For me, the manager done well to ring what he could out of these players, getting us back in the hunt.

Flip side of that is, his team selections and refusal to change the shape has seen us overrun in midfield a lot and cost us at the business end of the season.

Not being able to beat Celtic is a big problem for any Gers gaffer too.

Get the cup double which means the beating Celtic monkey off our back maybe with the overhaul required to win the title and we need to by whatever means get through the CL Qualifiers

I can’t get excited for next season after so many false promises.

I’m going to temper my expectations this time and hope to God I’m pleasantly surprised.
Same. I`m expecting not to win the league, and if we do i`ll be fucking delighted. Unacceptable for me, for us to be second, but 12 out of 13 for the pederasts, shows the task we have. Winning is just ingrained with them now, and the scumbags will run to a standstill to maintain their winning run. I see nothing from our team that screams we are going to halt this. Hopefully Clement can.

I missed the Motherwell game, but that seems to have been the turning point in hindsight - or else elimination from Europe? The nerves set in amongst the players, and they never recovered.

The mitigations are a terrible run with injuries, especially to in-form players (Danilo, Sima, Ridvan, Cortes, even Sterling briefly), duff Beale signings that gave us no depth to deal with injuries, and some on here also suggested Beale scuppered us fitness wise with a poor pre-season.

The worries going forward are that, even before the wheels fell off, there were many games we managed to win ugly or from behind, rather than dominant performances - Clement has rarely managed to get this group up for a 90 minute performance. And some bizarre team selections from Clement in big matches, and loyalty to certain players through it all. And the defensive frailties we've had, the regularity of shopping cheap goals from set pieces and brainfarts, haven't been rectified since the dying days of Gerard's reign.

The conundrum for me is where the focus of the rebuild should be.
- Without shipping stupid goals, we don't drop so many points against Celtic.
- With strikers taking more of the many, many chances on offer against the dross, we don't drop stupid points there.
- With a better midfield, we generally control the game better over 90 mins, retain and regain possession easier, and restrict opposition chances.

Looking at our current squad, I guess we have to start with our decimated and unreliable defence, with the others being for future windows.
The turning point was going down to one game a week and having more time on the training ground with the manager - that’s the biggest concern for me.

We all thought we’d push on and pull clear from them after getting away from our consistent ‘game every 3 days’ schedule, but the opposite happened.

What's concerning me is the longer Clement has had with this team the worse we have gotten.
Especially after the winter break, he had tome to get them together and implement the little changes he thought would take us to the title. His idea was inverted full backs.
Since that break we have been pretty dreadful.
Injuries of course have impacted this so that's got to be taken into account, but I'm not on the bandwagon of Clement has performed miracles. He's made mistakes and has shown very little degree of flexibility or the ability to learn from previous mistakes. We've been through the Do plan A better crap.

We should be looking at around 10 players leaving minimum this summer, so any excuses about it not being his team will go, the same as it did for Caixinha, Van Bronckhorst and Beale after their summers.

We have had enough twisting when it comes to the manager, it’s time for stick. But I would say the complete opposite of the players, we need to twist.

The turning point was going down to one game a week and having more time on the training ground with the manager - that’s the biggest concern for me.

We all thought we’d push on and pull clear from them after getting away from our consistent ‘game every 3 days’ schedule, but the opposite happened.
An interesting, and worrying, take that hadn't occurred to me. I prefer to see it that the players were more motivated by "competing on all fronts" and having Europa League matches to look forward to, then losing motivation when "domestic drudgery" was all they had to look forward to - never mind that this should be their bread and butter.

I really hope you're wrong about the impact of more time training with the manager!

It’s all been said but if we are to prioritise one key thing it’d be to get the recruitment right. The scum have their fair share of failures too but they seem to be able to unearth a decent player who does a job for them, looks good and they sell on.

That needs to be something we sort out next season. No more signing of crocks, lazy unmotivated shysters, dudes that think they’ve won the lottery when they sign and put their feet up for 4.5 years.

Beale made 2 horrific mistakes this season.
His signings were utterly laughable and that’s not up for debate. But he also kept loyal to a spine of a team that doesn’t win anything.
Our new manager won’t (I hope)

Beale made 2 horrific mistakes this season.
His signings were utterly laughable and that’s not up for debate. But he also kept loyal to a spine of a team that doesn’t win anything.
Our new manager won’t (I hope)
You can argue about his capability as a manager but most of his signings are far from utterly laughable.
Where would you put Butland.Sima,Cantwell,Sterling and 22 goal Dessers in the laughable category?
A fit Danilo and Raskin can do a job.Lammers is tearing it up now he is playing in his correct position,Balogun and Dowell are decent squad players.
I think the only outright failure was Cifuentes and even that would appear to be partly down to him not being able to settle in this country.
I agree we still need strengthened and some of the old guard moved on but his signings especially Butland and Sterling will make the Club good money when they move on.

Back