Another title gone and same old story

Our core team needs to be Scottish, I’m still not convinced by Clement and Koppen - I’m of the view that our management team should be Scottish.

Clement whilst everyone is blowing smoke up his backside had the prize in his grasp but let the shit shows with Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee happen on his watch.

The games against Celtic also had baffling team selections that we could all see were wrong.

Money is tight and we’ve just spent £4.5m on Diomande. Is he really worth that, time will tell.
I share your thoughts and concerns about PC and wonder if McInness (Walter’s recommendation) would have done better with our resources. We are where we are and probably need to back PC but he needs to show first that lessons have been learned on set up and tactics for the cup final.

We need to be ruthless re our captain, when Amo fucked up and cost us in big games say what you want tricky had the balls to take the captaincy from him and give it to Barry, day forward 2 and a half years later we had won 5 trophies including our lady treble.

Gutted we blew it again this season. I was praying this was the year we would finally get rid of the demons in our players heads and see it through (although deep down I knew it would end up as it has as it always does)

Onwards and upwards. Can we all finally agree we have a manager that can take us forward. No more nonsense about keeping the players or set up that has failed us year after year. It’s time to move on and build a new team and let our manager make big changes.
The fact anyone thinks we should sack our manager astounds me. He’s worked miracles with a team full of poor signings and players who have outstayed their time.

We need a total overhaul as our manager says. He knows what he’s seen the last few weeks and I guarantee he would be berating them right now if it wasn’t for the cup final still looming.

Let’s hope we sneak a cup final win somehow to cheer us up and maybe this time next year it’ll be a treble. But if we still have the same players making the same mistakes and collapsing when the cups are handed out then god help us
The same old story is the help they get to win trophies!

Our core team needs to be Scottish, I’m still not convinced by Clement and Koppen - I’m of the view that our management team should be Scottish.

Clement whilst everyone is blowing smoke up his backside had the prize in his grasp but let the shit shows with Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee happen on his watch.

The games against Celtic also had baffling team selections that we could all see were wrong.

Money is tight and we’ve just spent £4.5m on Diomande. Is he really worth that, time will tell.
Yes, that's where I am just now. Tired listening to same pish from the manager and after all the effort to get on top then meekly roll over is terrible. I need convinced and I really hope I'm wrong.

The main excuse for the last few years have been Europe. Who's benefited from us in Europe? Cause it hasn't been us anyway. Basically knocked our pan in to give Celtic millions

We have had enough twisting when it comes to the manager, it’s time for stick. But I would say the complete opposite of the players, we need to twist.
Terrence, I like you as you evoke happy memories, but his defensive set-up of the team is still completely wide open in transition.

Nearly every game, we are getting countered time and again.

No matter the injuries, we had enough on the park to beat Ross County. We had former EPL, Serie A, Eng-Championship and internationalists playing and yet we were beaten by a team on ex Morecambe and Doncaster players.

I just don't see PC recovering from this catastrophic collapse at such a crucial time. Hes got a SCF, CL qualification and a game vs them at the piggery to come, probs by September and failing in two out of three of these challenges will see a huge backlash from the fans.

Terrence, I like you as you evoke happy memories, but his defensive set-up of the team is still completely wide open in transition.

Nearly every game, we are getting countered time and again.

No matter the injuries, we had enough on the park to beat Ross County. We had former EPL, Serie A, Eng-Championship and internationalists playing and yet we were beaten by a team on ex Morecambe and Doncaster players.

I just don't see PC recovering from this catastrophic collapse at such a crucial time. Hes got a SCF, CL qualification and a game vs them at the piggery to come, probs by September and failing in two out of three of these challenges will see a huge backlash from the fans.
Thank you Ampersand, I try.

He was never going to rip it up and start again after coming midway through the season. That’s is what is required, the players we have are at a level of ex Morecambe and Doncaster players some getting paid £30k a week to be at that level. Tavernier and co’s time is up and Clement must now remove them from the squad and giving time to get a new structure into our team. It’s time to twist in regards to the playing structure rather than manager. I felt with the Beale appointment it was to appease certain players, they are exactly who need removed if we are going to start threatening them regarding winning the league.

Thank you Ampersand, I try.

He was never going to rip it up and start again after coming midway through the season. That’s is what is required, the players we have are at a level of ex Morecambe and Doncaster players some getting paid £30k a week to be at that level. Tavernier and co’s time is up and Clement must now remove them from the squad and giving time to get a new structure into our team. It’s time to twist in regards to the playing structure rather than manager. I felt with the Beale appointment it was to appease certain players, they are exactly who need removed if we are going to start threatening them regarding winning the league.
I'm not disagreeing but PC has a share of the blame here too, unfortunately.

Hopefully he is the man to take us forward but another title to Celtic next season could be the straw that breaks the camels back amongst the fans who have continued to back the team to the hilt.

I actually wish we had made slower progress and bridged the gap, whilst knowing that we would still fall short. Instead they gave us all hope by catching up with the bastards and blowing it.

Sorest I’ve felt in a long time. It was done after Ross County, which is criminal. We only have ourselves to blame.

Take me back to the Hearts 5-0 game. I thought it would be a procession after that.

Yes, that's where I am just now. Tired listening to same pish from the manager and after all the effort to get on top then meekly roll over is terrible. I need convinced and I really hope I'm wrong.
We have lost our identity of being a Scottish club. I do hope we are not looking at spending multi millions on foreign duds that need time to settle, dont like the weather or cant adjust to the blood and thunder league in which we play. We need players that know the league and pay here.

I share your thoughts and concerns about PC and wonder if McInness (Walter’s recommendation) would have done better with our resources. We are where we are and probably need to back PC but he needs to show first that lessons have been learned on set up and tactics for the cup final.
I still have McInness in my thoughts too but the snobbery within us don't see him as a sexy manager. In todays market we would never appoint Water Smith, who was the assistant at Dundee United.

I believe he (and Walter) would first and foremost make us hard to beat with a solid rearguard and build from there with players that would kick their granny.

That’s the difference between us and them.

One bad season and they’re causing chaos and forcing change.

Five bad seasons and we’re sitting here asking ‘what do you want me to do?’

It’s very telling, and I’m not picking on you specifically.
Forgive me for not planning a riot in the Albion car park

Gutted we blew it again this season. I was praying this was the year we would finally get rid of the demons in our players heads and see it through (although deep down I knew it would end up as it has as it always does)

Onwards and upwards. Can we all finally agree we have a manager that can take us forward. No more nonsense about keeping the players or set up that has failed us year after year. It’s time to move on and build a new team and let our manager make big changes.
The fact anyone thinks we should sack our manager astounds me. He’s worked miracles with a team full of poor signings and players who have outstayed their time.

We need a total overhaul as our manager says. He knows what he’s seen the last few weeks and I guarantee he would be berating them right now if it wasn’t for the cup final still looming.

Let’s hope we sneak a cup final win somehow to cheer us up and maybe this time next year it’ll be a treble. But if we still have the same players making the same mistakes and collapsing when the cups are handed out then god help us
Imagine how good that would be if we can get the sc and then win a treble, this time next year the narrative would be that’s Rangers won 5 out of last 6 trophies.

Im so sick of hearing all this crap about them winning 12 out of last 13 titles when we all know the first of them we were shafted with the 10pt deduction then we weren’t there for 4yrs then they faced a poor challenge from us first few years, then were handed a title with 27pts left to play for.

The issue we have is financial resource - is it sufficient to enable a full rebuild?

That dick Brenda gave our players every single bit of ammunition we could’ve possibly wished for, almost goading us to have a go. Could’ve filled an entire wall in the dressing room with his soundbites.

We didn’t just fall short, we failed to beat them 4 times. Clement needs to clear out those without the mentality to prove the doubters wrong.

That dick Brenda gave our players every single bit of ammunition we could’ve possibly wished for, almost goading us to have a go. Could’ve filled an entire wall in the dressing room with his soundbites.

We didn’t just fall short, we failed to beat them 4 times. Clement needs to clear out those without the mentality to prove the doubters wrong.
He also needs to look at himself with some diabolical tactical decisions.

I'm not disagreeing but PC has a share of the blame here too, unfortunately.

Hopefully he is the man to take us forward but another title to Celtic next season could be the straw that breaks the camels back amongst the fans who have continued to back the team to the hilt.
For me the camel’s hump would be a lot less likely to break the straw if he removes the likes of Tavernier and Goldson bringing in his own players maybe even complementing them with a few youngsters coming through and seeing a new style. I think a lot of fans might be more forgiving if the scenario where we lose the league next season is met under that circumstances.

If he goes into the following season with James Tavernier still in the Rangers team and loses the league the camel’s hump won’t just break the straw it would break the whole herd of camels in the entire world with all the straws.

There have certainly been some red flags raised regarding Clement and I really hope he can get it right in the summer. I do have a lot of sympathy for him re our list of injuries but to take only 1 point from Ross County and Dundee was criminal.

The SC would be a welcome bonus and would get the beating of the scum of his back but it will take a really big performance from the team (whatever it may be on the day) and I am just not sure they have it in them but would love to be proved wrong.

Roll on next season and we go again for 56.

I have the same level of optimism with Clement as I had with Gerrard. We might not have won the league this season, but we have progressed under Clement, in the same way we progressed under Gerrard, so he has to be given the same time Gerrard was given.

Clement’s main issue this season is that he was a victim of his own success. We were on cloud 9 when he got us to the top of the league. It unfortunately appears that he was working miracles with very poor footballers and the slump was just around the corner.

With another window, pre season and 6-8 of his own players in we will be fine.
I like your optimism but I don’t see the comparison with Gerrard.

Gerrard’s team played with style and we really shook them with the win and performance at Ibrox. Clement hasn’t done yet, not that I blame him.

The season coming up will be a fresh start for the Manager and the new players, it's a big challenge for sure..let's see how it goes.

You and I both know you will be completely backing us by matchday 1!
Who said anything about not backing them?

The post was pretty self explanatory. I’m not going to get all excited and have expectations that the new signings will do the business until they actually do the business.

Summer after summer we go into a new season with new faces and allow ourselves to get swept up in the excitement, and summer after summer we get let down when the new signings by and large can’t or don’t cut it.

I’m just going to see who comes in and temper my expectations and excitement before actually enjoying myself.

He also needs to look at himself with some diabolical tactical decisions.
This is true, he has a chance to prove the doubters wrong and show us he gets it next Saturday. If he falls for same mistakes, same let downs, wrong players in key positions, doesn’t get it right from the first whistle and have the setup spot on to counter the little crispy lipped tranny pumper then my concerns about PC simply won’t go away.

Should these players be fit the line up has to be

Butland
Tav Balogun Davies Ridvan

Sterling Raskin diomande

Cantwell (free role)

Sima Dessers

Leaving the likes of McCausland, Mattondo, Silva and others to freshen things up

I appreciate it’s unlikely PC will adapt his shape and favoured system but we need to do something different, surprise them and nullify their threat, stopping bug eyes from dictating the play.

Coming from 7 points behind? Winning a trophy and winning a pretty difficult Europa League group?

How can you forget where Beale had us so fast. We also got to a few games from the finish line before completely bottling the league, which somewhat sadly, is actually a bit of an improvement for us.
We are currently 6 points behind ? So coming from 7 didn’t really work, it’s a league it’s how it ends that matters.The trophy he won we beat Hearts in the semi and Aberdeen in the final, the reality is that our budgets absolutely dwarf both of theirs, if we are gauging success on beating these then we may as well just employ Dick Campbell or someone of that ilk because anyone should be able to manage our team to beat these given the gulf in budgets.
I’ll give him one decent result and that was Betis, yes we qualified for the next round of the Europa but his absolute tactical naivety cost us that Benfica tie and these are the facts, the same tactical naiveties that cost us three old firm ties. He never got us to a few games of us winning the league, the other mob went through a real rough patch and then turned it around, the reality is he managed us to loses against Motherwell and Ross County and a draw at Dens. I’m sorry to give a reality check here but the facts are that he is yet to do anything of any real note that can anywhere justify the adoration that some on here have for him.

I say all of this because at this time last year I spent a full summer on here reading posts about “Beale ball” and the genius we had at the helm, thus after he managed a dead rubber victory in an Old Firm and not much else. As a support we get lovestruck and often decide to ignore some of the glaring deficiencies.

I can’t get excited for next season after so many false promises.

I’m going to temper my expectations this time and hope to God I’m pleasantly surprised.
Agreed.

Not going to get excited by any incomings either. Had that every season with experts or folk claiming on here they've watched these guys and how good they are only to be let down again. Can even trace this pack to Pedro's summer with a thread on here along the lines of "How are they taking it" with folk gloating about our transfer dealings which seems utterly ridiculous now.

Christ even if we're doing really well next season it'll be hard to get carried away with how this season went.

Back