Any chance this semi final has come at the best time?

MancGer86

Probably get shot down for this but the mood around here is shit since what's happened to the league form in the last 2 weeks or so..any chance that a change of competition, a big game with different consequences and possible qualification for a cup final could change the mood again and galvanise us all for one last push at what's left of a potential title challenge? I know it's unlikely but rather than just meandering thru the remaining league games now, maybe the feel good factor of getting to another final might be the tonic we all need?

Clutching at straws I know...but I'm an optimist. Is anyone else?

I mean if you can’t get up for a cup semi final … but then we said that about a title race when you’re on top.

I think we’ll be ok on Sunday, just wish the game was here because nothing will be positive in the build up until we get a result

Probably get shot down for this but the mood around here is shit since what's happened to the league form in the last 2 weeks or so..any chance that a change of competition, a big game with different consequences and possible qualification for a cup final could change the mood again and galvanise us all for one last push at what's left of a potential title challenge? I know it's unlikely but rather than just meandering thru the remaining league games now, maybe the feel good factor of getting to another final might be the tonic we all need?

I think it will suit us more. There was a desperism in our style of play at Ross County and Dundee. We were too direct with a lot of aimless high and cross balls that were dealt with easily. I think this kind of game will suit us as Hearts will also come at us and leave space which should allow us to exploit areas of space aligned with big Simas pace up front to hit on the counter.

No mate, we've blown it by drawing with Celtic, losing to County, & drawing with Dundee - those were our "right time" games, and we couldn't win any of them.

A performance improvement (unlikely) on Sunday will still leave me seething about these 3 games - the Scottish Cup is a 2nd prize by any measure.

There is no good time to play a semi final with these players. This weekend is horrendous timing. I can’t really recall the fans being this pissed off and a manager keeping his job, I’m not saying it’s on big Phil but it has that feeling but the anger is directed at the players and not the manager. Weird times.

There is no good time to play a semi final with these players. This weekend is horrendous timing. I can’t really recall the fans being this pissed off and a manager keeping his job, I’m not saying it’s on big Phil but it has that feeling but the anger is directed at the players and not the manager. Weird times.

I mean these players did win a trophy already in fairness..just to give them a slight bit of props..

Depends entirely on how the manager approaches it. Hopefully he sees at as chance to try something new and benches most of the underperforming players.

We have a big squad and while nobody seems to rate any of the players on the bench they can't be any worse than a team that didn't look likely to score against Dundee.

Depends entirely on how the manager approaches it. Hopefully he sees at as chance to try something new and benches most of the underperforming players.

We have a big squad and while nobody seems to rate any of the players on the bench they can't be any worse than a team that didn't look likely to score against Dundee.

Who's he picking then if he's dropping those who haven't performed recently? Have I got a chance if I've got enough mygers points?!

Good chance for Scott Wright to play his way back into the side with another Hampden moment as well?

Too far?!
youve-taken-that-too-far.gif

I mean these players did win a trophy already in fairness..just to give them a slight bit of props..
I’m not denying that but that was 5 months ago, they were poor in that final too.
I see no way back for most of these players, in the eyes of the fans. To absolutely crumble against 2 of the worst teams in the league, to go top is infuriating and unforgivable. It totally highlights the character in most of these players players. Even during big cos era I don’t recall fans filling this way.

I believe it has and I also hope it will galvanise the team.Our bump in the road may have arrived at a salvageable time with theirs still to come.We cannot give up on these players or this manager after a few bad results.No surrender.

Who's he picking then if he's dropping those who haven't performed recently? Have I got a chance if I've got enough mygers points?!
For me I would like to see a change of formation. Clement has played 442 at other clubs and got it working, go back to basics and try and put together a run to the end of the season.

Butland
Tav Souttar Balogun Yilmaz
McCausland Sterling Dio Matondo
Sima Dessers

If we want to win the league we have to start putting 4 or 5 goals past teams. That isn't likely to happen playing a conservative 4231 with Dessers up on his own chasing long balls from back.

The right time is up there with the poster that thought a loss at Ross County could be a blessing in disguise.

Hardly. A win on Sunday restores some kind of feel good factor and a cup final to look forward to. Getting beat by Ross County does nothing of the sort. Silly comparison.

My point is its been a shit run, but this is a chance to get to a cup final so would I rather have this game next or would I rather have another league game where the atmosphere will undoubtedly be shit and the performance will be a continuation of the slump we've had recently. A cup semi now is the perfect chance to put some of the recent league demons to rest, at least until the next league game.

Obviously I hope and expect a win from us on Sunday but it’s hard to see how this team can mount any sort of title challenge now after the shambles of the last 6 weeks or so.

There’s a weak mentality throughout our squad and it hasn’t been more evident than recently.

I truly hope we somehow stay in it but that involves us winning virtually every game and the scum struggling. In my current mindframe, I just can’t see it happening.

You never know, I suppose.

Obviously I hope and expect a win from us on Sunday but it’s hard to see how this team can mount any sort of title challenge now after the shambles of the last 6 weeks or so.

There’s a weak mentality throughout our squad and it hasn’t been more evident than recently.

I truly hope we somehow stay in it but that involves us winning virtually every game and the scum struggling. In my current mindframe, I just can’t see it happening.

You never know, I suppose.
There is always still a chance when its this close. Sunday takes care of itself and whatever the result as long as we beat St Mirren and Killie with decent scores we should have closed some of the gap in terms of goal difference.

I don't think any of us will confident of winning at the piggery but in football anything can happen, we might go there and Butland has the game of his career and we walk away with 3 points. If we do I would be confident we would hammer Dundee at the Ibrox game on the Tuesday and it would apply massive pressure on them going to Killie the next night.

I'm glad I actually read this post before jumping on with my feelings to the actual title.

I hope you're right pal, things can't get any worse.

Celtic will slip up in the league. I’m sure of it. We need to knuckle down. Deep breath and give it one final push. You never know what May happen. Nobody expected Liverpool to be beaten by Palace at home and it happened. It’s never over until it’s over.

What's the point of being a football fan if you can't be optimistic and hopeful!
Granted I'll be similarly watching the game thru my fingers hoping this lot have at least one more decent performance in them.
No question we can all do with a bit more positivity. I tend towards the glass-half-full outlook but the last couple of weeks have left me scunnered and needing the team to give me a reason to smile. Any kind of win on Sunday will do for a start. Hope your team win at the weekend. :))

Back