Any dates for new kit release ?

I am certain the last time a new kit made a debut was the 96 cup final against Hearts.

My favourite ever kit. So many great memories as a 12 year old. I had been going to matches since 1993 but the 9iar season was when I started actually knowing a good bit about the game and understanding it more, and paying more attention. Had that kit with McCoist 9 on the back.

Also loved the light blue first NTL Nike shirt. The away kit with that was a cracker too, white, navy and sky blue

And because of that I always think that cup win was during our 9iar season, but was 1996.

Wear the correct shirt in the correct season. Help the aged.

Yeah that's always been a total mindfuck for me as well.

Not a fan of doing it for this reason.

Ha sorry I read that as some sarcastic comment! That’s my bad I apologise! So many sarcy comments and I read it wrong! Tbh it might be 96 as I think the last time I mind it was around the Nike strips or even might be the adidas when we scored 3 against hearts. I’m sure there will be more recent tho!
No worries mate. I don’t blame you for reading it like that, this place is full of sarcastic cheeky bassas! :D

Used to love it when they had the new strip for the cup final! Added to the occasion

People these days will hate the kit forever if we lose though.

Been a few like that recently. The orange and navy one from this seasons Killie defeat. The blue legends one a few years ago. Maybe the white 150th kit too?

Used to love it when they had the new strip for the cup final! Added to the occasion

Some at the club in 2022 asked to wear the 22-23 home kit in the final against Hearts but when it was put to the club, the powers at the time said no.

Even though it was pointed out to them it was tradition, the footballing administration at our club still said no.

The kit had already leaked anyway and some were even delivered to fans who thought they’d purchased the legends top online.

Some at the club in 2022 asked to wear the 22-23 home kit in the final against Hearts but when it was put to the club, the powers at the time said no.

Even though it was pointed out to them it was tradition, the footballing administration at our club still said no.

The kit had already leaked anyway and some were even delivered to fans who thought they’d purchased the legends top online.
Is it that much of a tradition? Think we’ve only done it 3 times haven’t we?

Is it that much of a tradition? Think we’ve only done it 3 times haven’t we?

It was something Jimmy liked doing and with the final against Hearts only being a few weeks after he passed, and all the next seasons kits already delivered, it would have been a nice touch.

But, the footballing administration at the time said no. Unsure if there was anything stopping it happening like new rules or whatever but it was just kicked into touch the second it was discussed.

If it’s all blue for the cup final the strip will be released day before.

Makes sense commercially, bisgrove isn’t daft that way

Has there been any idea of colours for the away kits for next season?

Sure we have been pretty good at stopping leaks happening up until the day of release.

It was something Jimmy liked doing and with the final against Hearts only being a few weeks after he passed, and all the next seasons kits already delivered, it would have been a nice touch.

But, the footballing administration at the time said no. Unsure if there was anything stopping it happening like new rules or whatever but it was just kicked into touch the second it was discussed.
Could it have been that they wanted us to wear, what had been our 150th anniversary strip. Always like a new kit on cup final day. 92, 94 and 96 stay in my memory.

Back