Any SPFL players you’d like us to sign?

Another good year and we won’t be able to afford them.

Let’s be honest, if we were to drop one of these guys in our midfield at the moment, it’s hardly as if we re going to be losing out on any real quality. Maybe harsh on Diomande, who has been promising.

If anything I think they would give us more energy.

Google suggests that they are both out of contract summer 2026. Another year puts them within 12 months of being able to leave on a free and Killie/Motherwell’s bargaining position will be lower than it will be this summer.

One that hasn't been mentioned, but Dylan Smith at Ross County likely has a good future ahead of him. Young centre back.

It's been established on here that David Watson is a season ticket holder at the Piggery. Why do people still expect us to sign him?
I was hoping we'd sign David Watson. I never knew about his allegiance, but many boyhood Old Firm fans have played for the other side over the years.

I'm afraid I've got some opinions that are going to be very unpopular on here :

Mayo isn't capable of rising to the standard we need

Miovski doesn't have the overall game we need for a first choice Rangers centre forward, and would be too expensive for a backup

Bair would get slaughtered for his style at us

If anything Barron has the ability to step up a few levels, and Watson and Miller are too early in their development to tell as yet.

Aberdeen want £5 million plus for Miovski there’s no way we are paying that

It's expensive but he's probably worth it to us.

We're not going to be able to penny pinch when it comes to other SPFL sides now especially if they have got the player on a long term deal.

Ferguson, Doig & Hickey have put an end to that. Other nations will pay them decent fees now.

That being said, Aberdeen are a bit of a mess financially so we may be able to get him for a bit less. He's a good player and proven in the league.

Miovski doesn't have the overall game we need for a first choice Rangers centre forward, and would be too expensive for a backup

If anything Barron has the ability to step up a few levels, and Watson and Miller are too early in their development to tell as yet.
You don't think so? Whenever I've seen him, against us or the scum, he seems to be a decent all round striker. He can hold the ball up, run at defence with the ball and he can finish.

The young-ish players with good scoring/assist stats are:

Myziane Maolida
Theo Bair
Elie Youan
Duk
Bojan Miovski
Dylan Vente

It's been established on here that David Watson is a season ticket holder at the Piggery. Why do people still expect us to sign him?

Greg Taylor, Calum McGregor, Scott Brown and likely countless others seem to have no problems playing for the filth.

Kenny Dalgleish had to rip Rangers posters off his wall and he went on to do alright.

It shouldn't put us off.

I know you'll say look at Ohalloran but he's a clown obviously happy to sabotage his career, but not many will do similar.

It's expensive but he's probably worth it to us.

We're not going to be able to penny pinch when it comes to other SPFL sides now especially if they have got the player on a long term deal.

Ferguson, Doig & Hickey have put an end to that. Other nations will pay them decent fees now.

That being said, Aberdeen are a bit of a mess financially so we may be able to get him for a bit less. He's a good player and proven in the league.
If we have that sort of money to spend on a striker, I'd rather spend it on Miovski than on a striker who doesn't have experience of playing in our league.

Would only really disagree with you on Miovski who I think it's more than good enough but other than that a fairly sensible post.

Watson & Miller we either have to gamble with early or we'll miss out if they reach their potential.

Bruce Anderson.

Too good for the championship.

He could be an option to have as a 3rd choice striker.

With the number of injuries we get we need back-up players who would be happy to sit on the bench for 90% of the season.

We're not going to get any really good strikers coming here to sit on the bench, someone like Bruce Anderson would probably be happy to do that.

I like Miovski but not close to the money Aberdeen want.

Other than that, maybe Lennon Miller and I think David Watson will be a good player as he matures and gains further experience.

The rest, not for me. Beck at Dundee on loan from Liverpool looks okay too.

Outwith Shankland or Miovski who fwiw I don't think will end up at us, Shankland due to age/sell on value and Miovski due to Aberdeen demanding too much money, 2 players have stood out for me this season, Armstrong from Killie and the young lad McCowan from Dundee, there are others who have had very good seasons for their respective clubs, Miller at Motherwell and Watson at Killie... I'm almost certain our recruitment team will be keeping tabs on all the young talent in Scotland, first and foremost their have to be the right character and have the correct mentality to play for a club like Rangers.

As posted earlier in the thread, the Aberdeen left back Jack McKenzie looks a good prospect to me, not sure about his contract situation as the Sheep would be hard to deal with.

He could be an option to have as a 3rd choice striker.

With the number of injuries we get we need back-up players who would be happy to sit on the bench for 90% of the season.

We're not going to get any really good strikers coming here to sit on the bench, someone like Bruce Anderson would probably be happy to do that.
Honestly man. This has to be a wind up.

Dylan Vente is one to keep an eye on.

His stats this season are actually better than Maeda.

He scored a lot of goals when played for Roda.

We can't afford to pay what Kilmarnock and Motherwell want for Watson and Miller, to not have them starting in the first team. Knowing our fans they wouldn't get the time and patience from the support.

Like Ferguson and Doig, they are probably better off going abroad if that opportunity comes up.
Why does this myth continously get trouted out just to have a dig at the fans?

Are the McCrorie brothers, Patterson, Bassey, Aribo, Lowry, McCausland, Devine and Lovelace all scarred from the big, bad Rangers support?

Loading up with the cream of Scottish players is what I want to see,with
Derek McInnes calling the shots.;)

Miller would probably be one but for me he wouldn't play every week for us so can we afford to buy him then loan him out in the hope he keeps developing given he's only 17?

Outwith that there's not many Miovski but not at the prices that's being banded about they said in January £6m wouldn't be enough for him whats he worth now? Armstrong keeps being mentioned but he wouldn't be anything more than a squad player and after that I'm struggling to be honest.

You have just described Luke McCowan.
He's scored from a corner this season. Good free kick taker and has some engine.
Well would offer more than a few in the squad for probably less money.

No harm having a couple like this in the squad and maybe improve it.

We've gone foreign for a while and some have been rotten.

Give some Scottish lads a go and get the foreign signings right.

If we have that sort of money to spend on a striker, I'd rather spend it on Miovski than on a striker who doesn't have experience of playing in our league.
He would be my primary target. I would say £5m is very reasonable for a player who is settled in Scotland, knows the league and has caused celtic problems in multiple games.

Aberdeen striker would be worth every penny of the alleged £5m that is being chatter about. He would score twice as many as Dessers with the opportunities we would create.

I defo don’t want Shankland, not enough in his game for what we want.

Watson and Miller look really good prospects, we need to get better and snapping these young players up.

I know not everyone’s cup of tea but I think Armstrong would be an excellent squad player.

I am struggling to think anyone else that has really stood out.

We do need to get better at scouting our own league as well as European leagues.

His family have season tickets and - I imagine - other people take his seat when he can't attend. Celtic and Killie don't always play at the same times.

I thought this was fairly established.
You do realise Greg Taylor and his family had season tickets at Ibrox ? Did hamper him at Celtic did it?

As for players - Barron on a free was a no brainer

Miller I don’t think we would pay the 3+ million Motherwell would want for him.

Miovski we can’t afford

Seen Calvin Ramsay has barely played for either Preston or Bolton in loan spells this season. Not sure if he’s still worth keeping an eye on as he’ll be back at Liverpool this summer. Similar with Owen Beck. Know both had fans on here.

You do realise Greg Taylor and his family had season tickets at Ibrox ? Did hamper him at Celtic did it?

Miovski we can’t afford

No, but I doubt it'd make him want to sign for us.

Celtic seem to have no trouble signing and playing Rangers fans. How many Celtic-supporting, Catholic-school, Scottish-born players have we signed?

Miovski we can’t afford

You sure?

How do you know our summer budget?

Back