Any SPFL players you’d like us to sign?

You do realise Greg Taylor and his family had season tickets at Ibrox ? Did hamper him at Celtic did it?

As for players - Barron on a free was a no brainer

Miller I don’t think we would pay the 3+ million Motherwell would want for him.

Miovski we can’t afford
Sorry but this is absolute horseshit and I'm tired of hearing on here how Aberdeen would be "difficult to deal with"

No they won't. We've signed umpteen players from them. A bid of £4m plus would be accepted. Is that so bad? We paid the same for Sam Lammers.

Sorry but this is absolute horseshit and I'm tired of hearing on here how Aberdeen would be "difficult to deal with"

No they won't. We've signed umpteen players from them. A bid of £4m plus would be accepted. Is that so bad? We paid the same for Sam Lammers.
Aberdeen will not sell Miovski for 4m they will be looking for close to double that.

Barron on a free.
Miller and loan him back for a season, no point in him sitting on a bench or barely playing just now.

Bair at Motherwell worth a punt surely, if the price is right.

Obvious answer is Miovski but given the sheep would hold us to ransom, I’d tell them to ram it B-D
As a third or fourth choice striker I'd take Bair at motherwell

We should at least be considering Lennon Miller, David Watson and Connor Barron. I'd love Miovski, but doubt we could get near the figure Aberdeen would want. Lewis Mayo is actually a very decent shout too. I wonder if we have a buy-back. Especially as we let him go for buttons.

I'm afraid I've got some opinions that are going to be very unpopular on here :

Mayo isn't capable of rising to the standard we need

Miovski doesn't have the overall game we need for a first choice Rangers centre forward, and would be too expensive for a backup

Bair would get slaughtered for his style at us

If anything Barron has the ability to step up a few levels, and Watson and Miller are too early in their development to tell as yet.

Disagree on Miovski. I think he's the best all round striker in the league. I could see him tearing it up for us...and sadly them.

£7m for Miovski? No danger, where’s that from?
What do you think Aberdeen will value him at? 24 / internationalist / scored 24 this season / 19 last season / contract to 2026

You don’t think they will want more than they sold Ramsay for?

So many of the players mentioned on here would do a far greater shift in game and probably consistency than the many we have at the club.

Thats how I feel about it..

If you already played within Scotland the last thing you'd do is join us or them. Players outside Scotland are blissfully ignorant to how much abuse they'd get for a few bad performances or loss of form. Players within Scotland know all to well how toxic it is. They see it on social media every day, hear it on radio call ins, news articles. It's brutal lol. Plus they're not daft that chances are they're making up the numbers or for Europe.

Because Clement said he has already ate into his Summer budget with his January deals and we didn't even outlay any money at that point

Ate into our budget could be anything though, no one knows what that budget is.

In this era spending circa £5m on Miovski guarantees us easy 20 goals in the league, he has 31 in two seasons playing for the Sheep.

What do you think Aberdeen will value him at? 24 / internationalist / scored 24 this season / 19 last season / contract to 2026

You don’t think they will want more than they sold Ramsay for?

No one will pay £7m for an Aberdeen based striker who just finished 8th in Scotland.

I think we could structure a deal worth £5m and get in, this pretend “Aberdeen don't deal with us” is a myth, we’ve dealt with them plenty. They’ll just play it out in the media to appease their rancid fans.

No one will pay £7m for an Aberdeen based striker who just finished 8th in Scotland.

I think we could structure a deal worth £5m and get in, this pretend “Aberdeen don't deal with us” is a myth, we’ve dealt with them plenty. They’ll just play it out in the media to appease their rancid fans.
I am sure Aberdeen would be delighted to deal with us if we offer what they want.

be interesting to see what Miovski goes for ... as apparently a few interested suitors both down south and abroad with us and celtic being mentioned as well.

I am sure Aberdeen would be delighted to deal with us if we offer what they want.

be interesting to see what Miovski goes for ... as apparently a few interested suitors both down south and abroad with us and celtic being mentioned as well.
Indeed, and therein lies the biggie given the amount of money available for those down south to spend.

Don’t think Miovski will go to Celtic as the lad is Jewish apparently.

Will end up in the Championship I reckon.

I like Phillips at St Johnstone, good solid player.

Not suggesting we sign him and there’s no chance we would but there’s certainly some talent in the league that’s worth considering

His family have season tickets and - I imagine - other people take his seat when he can't attend. Celtic and Killie don't always play at the same times.

I thought this was fairly established.
He seemed quite happy scoring an injury time equaliser against them, his second goal against them at their dump.

99% of footballers are professionals, they've been playing Saturday / Sunday for so long that actual allegiances like fans don't develop.

And thats before we get into the long list of players who supported us/them and went onto perform well for the other side.

Ate into our budget could be anything though, no one knows what that budget is.

In this era spending circa £5m on Miovski guarantees us easy 20 goals in the league, he has 31 in two seasons playing for the Sheep.
How does it guarantee us 20 goals, when his average over the last 2 seasons is currently less than 20 goals?

There's plenty players in the SPFL that could do a job for us, not everyone needs to be a star man or in the first 11 every week.

Would we have been better off this season if we'd spent £1 million on Porteous instead of £3 million on Ben Davies?

There's plenty players in the SPFL that could do a job for us, not everyone needs to be a star man or in the first 11 every week.

Would we have been better off this season if we'd spent £1 million on Porteous instead of £3 million on Ben Davies?
Agreed. The reality isn't that some aren't good enough it's that we won't/can't pay the money.

Ferguson would be starting for us. Miovski would be a starter too. Even looking at that lot, they wouldn't pay for McGinn who would improve them.

There are players in the league worth buying it is whether we want to pay the prices.

Miovski would score a bucketload for us, and I think is someone who has the potential to be a player who could step up to the European-level as well. Unfortunately the Sheep would be impossible to deal with.

Watson and Miller are players we should be keeping a very close eye on, but I’m not convinced either is yet ready to be a starter at Ibrox. Another year of first team football at their current clubs would probably be best for their development
By which time both are snapped up by other teams

Miovski, Lennon Miller, David Watson and Connor Barron. No chance we'll get Miovski with the money the sheep want tho.

Aberdeen will not sell Miovski for 4m they will be looking for close to double that.
And rightfully so. Scotland has a huge history of undervaluing players.

With amount of average players getting sold in the championship for double that money they have every right to ask for the growing rate.

We need to get much better at signing the Miovskis when they cost £500k

He seemed quite happy scoring an injury time equaliser against them, his second goal against them at their dump.

99% of footballers are professionals, they've been playing Saturday / Sunday for so long that actual allegiances like fans don't develop.

And thats before we get into the long list of players who supported us/them and went onto perform well for the other side.

Playing for Killie, yes.

Can you tell me the last Scottish Celtic-supporting, season-ticket holding, Catholic-school attending player for us?

I constantly yammer on about the need for a big physical centre forward in our league. Its an option we dont have and in a game where we might be struggling to break a team down is something that could come i handy when we revert to hoofing cross balls into the box. Theo Bair would be a cheap option for that. Not saying he is a starter by any means but he has shown this season he can score goals in this league and ive seen games where cebtre halfs struggle with his physicality, including us and them.

How does it guarantee us 20 goals, when his average over the last 2 seasons is currently less than 20 goals?

Do you have to ask?

Yesterday we had 40 shots at goal and our number 9 should have had a hat trick.

If Miovski was our 9 instead of Dessers he’d be on 20 easy, we create more than the sheep so its not rocket science to think Miovski would better his tally.

I constantly yammer on about the need for a big physical centre forward in our league. Its an option we dont have and in a game where we might be struggling to break a team down is something that could come i handy when we revert to hoofing cross balls into the box. Theo Bair would be a cheap option for that. Not saying he is a starter by any means but he has shown this season he can score goals in this league and ive seen games where cebtre halfs struggle with his physicality, including us and them.
we don't need a big physical centre forward - Kyogo is built like a girl, but he is clinical and scores goals and creates space with his movement, what we need is a striker who is clinical and doesn't need 4/5/6 chances to get a goal.

if he's 6ft and as fast as Usain Bolt then great - but if he's 5ft 7 but knows where the goals are and bangs in 20/30 league goals that

on the subject of signing players from the SPL - if our budget is say 13m for argument sake - would supporters be happy spending

6m Miovski
2m Shankland
2m Watson
3m L Miller

i dont think they would.

we don't need a big physical centre forward - Kyogo is built like a girl, but he is clinical and scores goals and creates space with his movement, what we need is a striker who is clinical and doesn't need 4/5/6 chances to get a goal.

if he's 6ft and as fast as Usain Bolt then great - but if he's 5ft 7 but knows where the goals are and bangs in 20/30 league goals that

on the subject of signing players from the SPL - if our budget is say 13m for argument sake - would supporters be happy spending

6m Miovski
2m Shankland
2m Watson
3m L Miller

i dont think they would.
Yip but who do they bring on when he isnt working? Idah a physical centre forward. they also previously had that giakomakis who gave them more physicality. It doesnt need to be an expensive option.

Do you have to ask?

Yesterday we had 40 shots at goal and our number 9 should have had a hat trick.

If Miovski was our 9 instead of Dessers he’d be on 20 easy, we create more than the sheep so its not rocket science to think Miovski would better his tally.
That's entirely hypothetical

That's entirely hypothetical

So is every signing though isnt it.

Miovski knows the league, we know him and we should assume he’d score goals for us.

We cant afford another Dessers or Lammers can we?

Answer me this, if you stick Dessers in the Sheep side does he get the 15 goals Miovski has this season? I doubt it…

Back