Any SPFL players you’d like us to sign?

No one will pay £7m for an Aberdeen based striker who just finished 8th in Scotland.

I think we could structure a deal worth £5m and get in, this pretend “Aberdeen don't deal with us” is a myth, we’ve dealt with them plenty. They’ll just play it out in the media to appease their rancid fans.
Pretty sure the clubs are on good terms at senior level

Seen several posts on Facebook etc saying the buzz at the game Sunday was that Armstrong would be signing. No clue where it come from but heard nothing myself.

Barron is still a bit raw, but has the attributes to go on and 'do a Lewis Ferguson' and become a good player.

But he needs to be playing regularly, we should sign him and loan him out to a team with good coaches maybe in Europe in the English Championship, but not loan him to any other Scottish club that would hinder his development.

Why can't we just bring young players and have them going into the first team. All I see is, squad player or get them back out on loan.

I want them to be here and settle into our pattern of play as we keep getting told how garbage the team is any way.

Would rather do this than, spend money on players in the 4 or 5 million bracket that are nothing great. Of course this will take patience but we either try that route or be here next year in the same position, getting nowhere and probably hounding the manager out. We need a serious step back and prepare for a better future. I know which way I prefer.

I think a deal could be struck with Killie and Motherwell for Watson and Miller respectively. Probably a couple of million each, with loan back and sell ons as well.

Outwith that I'd be struggling to see anyone else. Possibly Zander Clark as a back up to McCrorie if Butland does leave.

Hopefully Clement will be looking further afield and has a couple of players in mind.

Armstrong, at worst a good squad option, could finally have a RW capable of assists and goals. He's got an attitude on him but I don't mind that one bit. Not sure of the home grown rule will still be a thing next season but if so I'd be trying to get a hold of Barron or Watson to replace Jack. I think Lennon Miller will likely be out of our grasp, same for Miovski

Nobody from Aberdeen. Who needs players that have been regularly humped by Celtc?

Buy players who play well against them not us.

Back in the day we bought Craig Patterson after he played well against us :-(

Nobody from Aberdeen. Who needs players that have been regularly humped by Celtc?

So Miovski from Aberdeen then?

I think a deal could be struck with Killie and Motherwell for Watson and Miller respectively. Probably a couple of million each, with loan back and sell ons as well.

Outwith that I'd be struggling to see anyone else. Possibly Zander Clark as a back up to McCrorie if Butland does leave.

Hopefully Clement will be looking further afield and has a couple of players in mind.
If Butland goes, I can see Clement looking for a GK that can play out from the back comfortably. I don't think McCrorie will be here past the summer.

Dunno about Watson but I do know Motherwell are looking at more than £3m for Miller.

The notion that we pay £3m for Miller - or for anyone else for that matter - then loan them back out is preposterous. Not happening. If we pay that for someone then they stay at Ibrox.

Dunno about Watson but I do know Motherwell are looking at more than £3m for Miller.

The notion that we pay £3m for Miller - or for anyone else for that matter - then loan them back out is preposterous. Not happening. If we pay that for someone then they stay at Ibrox.
I'm sure a poster on here has said a few times that Miller will only leave Motherwell if he has a guarantee of first team football.

Miller and Watson are better off heading abroad if the opportunity comes up for them.

I'm sure a poster on here has said a few times that Miller will only leave Motherwell if he has a guarantee of first team football.

Miller and Watson are better off heading abroad if the opportunity comes up for them.
Miller himself has been quoted as saying he needs to be playing. Talk of interest from some EPL clubs might test his stance on that though. However, at that level they could easily afford to loan him out for gametime.

I used to think Cammy Devlin would be a good shout for a squad option in place of Ryan Jack. Not sure how he's done this season.

We're 100% missing more of a Scottish influence. We're really only playing with 1 in big John at the back. I think that's where our lack of effort lies. The Scottish guys know the score to play for us. The foreign guys don't seem to care that much. Silva hardly trying..Dessers smiling when he misses a sitter..etc.
Walter always had a good Scottish element to our team.

Aberdeen have taken the same amount of points from the mentally challengeds as we have and lost the last game against them on penalty kicks.

In the past I’d be all for the buy when young and loan back approach and wanted us to sign Ferguson from Aberdeen, although I thought he’d be good enough for our first team, but we can’t afford to spend £4m in the summer on players that won’t be playing for us next season.

win or lose this season, out starting 11 needs a major overhaul.

If Celtic win the league they could be in a position to be hoovering up the talented youngsters and loaning them back to their clubs. Fortunately they’ve had plenty of opportunities to do that when we were struggling and didn’t do so, so hopefully that continues.

My first desire is a goal scorer and Shankland certainly scores goals at this level.
Other than that Armstrong catches the eye but wouldn't swap him for Mc causland who in my eyes has a big future on our right side .
C/H would be good but nothing in scottish football

My first desire is a goal scorer and Shankland certainly scores goals at this level.
Other than that Armstrong catches the eye but wouldn't swap him for Mc causland who in my eyes has a big future on our right side .
C/H would be good but nothing in scottish football
Not for me. He might still be here next season but I'd be surprised if makes it into double figure assists/goals combined. We need much better than him.

I used to think Cammy Devlin would be a good shout for a squad option in place of Ryan Jack. Not sure how he's done this season.
He's had injury problems this season but he's a very good player

Exactly what we're missing in midfield. Combative, energetic and not afraid to put in a hard challenge. I recall him bullying McGregor a few times at Tynecastle

I'd also keep an eye on Calem Nieuwenhof and Beni Baningime. Both had great seasons for Hearts by all accounts

He's had injury problems this season but he's a very good player

Exactly what we're missing in midfield. Combative, energetic and not afraid to put in a hard challenge. I recall him bullying McGregor a few times at Tynecastle

I'd also keep an eye on Calem Nieuwenhof and Beni Baningime. Both had great seasons for Hearts by all accounts
Out of contract at the end of the season. Had a cruciate ligament injury which kept him out for 497 days in the 21/22 season.

Our kind of signing!

Armstrong and Watson Kilmarnock
Lennon miller of Motherwell

Shankland
Just to remind some of our fans Ferguson was voted best midfielder in Italy this season
wish we had signed him

While I'm all for SPFL signings and I won't pretend to have watched all his games this season, Theo Bair has real buyer beware potential given how horrendous he was for St Johnstone last year and how Van Veen has looked this season after Kettlewell got a tune out of him last year as well.

On a slight tangent but similar note, Jamie Langfield is goalie coach at St Mirren and has had a real run of turning water into wine with Alnwick, Hladky, Carson and now Hemming taking big leaps forward under his coaching. As much as he was a bomb scare as a player, he's clearly got incredible luck or something going for him as a coach given how many SPFL goalies tend to be muck. Someone we should maybe be keeping tabs on his career.

Think there’s also a question with the teenagers whether you’d keep them with us potentially not playing much or loan them back to their current clubs.

Back