Any SPFL players you’d like us to sign?

I’d love Miovski but there’s more chance of him ending up at the piggery. I’d take Shankland as a 3rd choice striker and if he was available for a pittance, which he won’t be.

Spfl players I think we should consider
Kye Rowles( left sided CH Australian international).
Lennon Miller.
Alex Cochrane
Leighton Clarkston
Connor Barron.
Danny Armstrong
Owen Beck

Last edited:
Maolida at Hibs looks like a decent player. Only on loan there so may be available in the summer.

I do agree with people saying Cochrane and McCowan look good players no idea of the cost, the obvious one is Shankland the best finisher in the league.

According to CJ Novo Danny Armstrong has a 42 goal contribution in 96 games over the last two seasons .
That’s a goal being delivered or scored every two games .

David Watson should be pursued too. Can play anywhere in the midfield , with energy, technique, and competence.

Shankland is a must , crazy goal and assist return. Available to play his prime , for the club he loves.

Adding these players , with the physical, technical, players of the continent, would provide a nucleus of home grown players , capable of hitting the ground running , for the new campaign . Which could be vital for the restructure required of the playing squad.

Danny Armstrong is one I think we should look at. We have 3 players at the moment (Sima, Cortes and Matondo) who all prefer to play on the left. Although we probably will not have all 3 come next season.

We need a striker (probably 2) and it's difficult to look past Shankland or Miovski but I'm sure Koppen has others in mind.

Miovski for me upfront would be a substantial improvement. He's younger than Shankland so could even make a profit on him. Also Barron on a free, makes sense, could replace Jack.

Apart from the obvious Miovski id like us to enquire about David Watson of Killie.

Shankland, Miller, Watson, Bair and Miovski.

Spittal would be a decent enough backup option but think he's off to Hearts.

Haven't seen it with Barron as much but trust that he's highly rated.

After 55 we were linked heavily with joey veerman, a now Dutch internationalist and the highest rated player outside the top 5 leagues via whoscored this season.

After Seville we were heavily linked with teijjani reijnders who is also an established Dutch international, now at ac Milan.

To now being linked with Barron, Watson and miller as central midfielders really shows how much we have regressed.

I don’t care where the players are from i want us to target ones that will play at the top level. Veerman /rejindeers are champions league level players, the others not so much.

If we had wanted miller, Watson or Barron the time to take them is before the even make the first team as we did with rice. I don’t think any of the 3 are good enough for rangers.

After 55 we were linked heavily with joey veerman, a now Dutch internationalist and the highest rated player outside the top 5 leagues via whoscored this season.

After Seville we were heavily linked with teijjani reijnders who is also an established Dutch international, now at ac Milan.

To now being linked with Barron, Watson and miller as central midfielders really shows how much we have regressed.

I don’t care where the players are from i want us to target ones that will play at the top level. Veerman /rejindeers are champions league level players, the others not so much.

If we had wanted miller, Watson or Barron the time to take them is before the even make the first team as we did with rice. I don’t think any of the 3 are good enough for rangers.
We could be linked with Mbappe and Saka. Means nothing if we can't sign them.

We can sign good players, Aribo, Bassey, tillman and Diomande etc

We signed glen kamara from the spfl are any of the current midfielders mentioned even remotely close to being as good as him on the ball?

Doesn’t matter where they come from, just sign good players!

100% this, can be linked with all the talent in the world means nothing if you don’t sign them! Majority of the ‘links’ are just journalists looking for likes on social media or agents getting players names out there.

Miller before he's out of price range.

Miovski or shankland. Miovski is my preference.

We were linked with Ferguson, no wait never mind.

According to CJ Novo Danny Armstrong has a 42 goal contribution in 96 games over the last two seasons .
That’s a goal being delivered or scored every two games .

David Watson should be pursued too. Can play anywhere in the midfield , with energy, technique, and competence.

Shankland is a must , crazy goal and assist return. Available to play his prime , for the club he loves.

Adding these players , with the physical, technical, players of the continent, would provide a nucleus of home grown players , capable of hitting the ground running , for the new campaign . Which could be vital for the restructure required of the playing squad.
Agree with your points

Back