Are we too nice (soft)?

Maybe this should be on the May 2nd thread but I think it applies here too.

On this day 25 years ago, it was May Monday so I had a day off. As was my practice back then, I'd buy every morning paper going, to read the reports of Rangers beating that lot, but especially the circumstances of this one and the events of the night before.

In The Sun, Gordon Smith had an article and he wrote that the up and coming SC final between the clubs at the end of the monthn, should be played behind closed doors.

I remember going tonto at the time and vented my spleen in the next issue of the fanzine, which would have been out for the opening day of the following season.

I mean why should Rangers fans have been punished for the disgraceful scenes and events of the previous evening, which were down solely to the behaviour of Celtic players and their fans?

If the roles were reversed could you imagine any ex yaho coming out with this?

It seems to me, our ex players in the media are conditioned into playing the white man and going out of their way not to upset the yahoos, which equates for me to being 'too soft'.

There was one happy consequence of venting said spleen. Down the line Manfromdelmonte facilitated a wee morning cup of coffee between Gordon Smith and myself and I aired my feelings on said article.

Do you understand why Silva rolled about like that?

He had just been fouled 3 times in a row and got nothing from the referee who got 4-4 decisions wrong against Silva but the bassa was caught out and had to rescind his card and give a penalty!

Remember Morelos? That boy had been kicked up and down since he got a target put on his back by that bassa Mutton!

When he did fight back he was so scrutinised by scum madia, pundits, tabloids and match officials he was booked or sent off at every opportunity albeit he should have been a lot smarter when trying to fight back!

Even our own fans turned against him perhaps right on some occasions but I tell you this imo this kid was badly abused both physically by opposing dirty bassas and mentally all the Celtic propaganda team!

Injuries caught up he missed Europa final and when he came back a lot of people were thinking he had downed tools I think we can honestly say looking where he is now those dirty bassas and match officials kicked the career out of him? He came here like a bull and left like an abused pet!

We are soft alright but we are soft with match officials and the sfa

We try to play football but look at our long injury lists over the past few seasons alone!

How many times have you seen match officials allowing opposing players get away with constant tackles before a player gets booked yet in the same games we can see our players getting booked after one tackle even if going in and winning the ball?

Lundstram first tackle against the filth yellow card after about 5 fouls against us from Celtic players and Sterling wrongly sent off when slipping and following through looked bad but was at the most a yellow and Cantwell was made to play crab football against Aberdung he had been brought down that many times, just 3 examples and we were not even aggressive it were balls to be won!

Look at Celtics record of cards past few seasons and if you were to watch their games they have been allowed to bully opposing players and fouls at will with little action taking against them!

We had four drop on the ball divers in the last old firm game everyone a Celtic player no booking again another 4-4 the ref got wrong but the narrative was to make Silva the diver though the boy embarrassingly rolled about he did not dive once!

Main point is look what happens to us and we are not as aggressive but were we to turn to be more aggressive our biggest problem would be infected match officials set in their ways through fear and intimidation which would lead to all sorts of cards from them with happy smiley faces from Celtic's own no doubt?

Last edited:
Do you understand why Silva rolled about like that?

He had just been fouled 3 times in a row and got nothing from the referee who got 4-4 decisions wrong against Silva but the bassa was caught out and had to rescind his card and give a penalty!

Remember Morelos? That boy had been kicked up and down since he got a target put on his back by that bassa Mutton!

When he did fight back he was so scrutinised by scum madia, pundits, tabloids and match officials he was booked or sent off at every opportunity albeit he should have been a lot smarter when trying to fight back!

Even our own fans turned against him perhaps right on some occasions but I tell you this imo this kid was badly abused both physically by opposing dirty bassas and mentally all the Celtic propaganda team!

Injuries caught up he missed Europa final and when he came back a lot of people were thinking he had downed tools I think we can honestly say looking where he is now those dirty bassas and match officials kicked the career out of him? He came here like a bull and left like an abused pet!

We are soft alright but we are soft with match officials and the sfa

We try to play football but look at our long injury lists over the past few seasons alone!

How many times have you seen match officials allowing opposing players get away with constant tackles before a player gets booked yet in the same games we can see our players getting booked after one tackle even if going in and winning the ball?

Lundstram first tackle against the filth yellow card after about 5 fouls against us from Celtic players and Sterling wrongly sent off when slipping and following through looked bad but was at the most a yellow and Cantwell was made to play crab football against Aberdung he had been brought down that many times, just 3 examples and we were not even aggressive it were balls to be won!

Look at Celtics record of cards past few seasons and if you were to watch their games they have been allowed to bully opposing players and fouls at will with little action taking against them!

We had four drop on the ball divers in the last old firm game everyone a Celtic player no booking again another 4-4 the ref got wrong but the narrative was to make Silva the diver though the boy embarrassingly rolled about he did not dive once!

Main point is look what happens to us and we are not as aggressive but were we to turn to be more aggressive our biggest problem would be infected match officials set in their ways through fear and intimidation which would lead to all sorts of cards from them with happy smiley faces from Celtic's own no doubt?
Couldn't have put it better. This is why we need referees from out-with Scotland in the top flight, we will never get a fair crack of the whip either from mentally challenged officials or snatzi leaning officials, all being cheerleaded by mentally challenged dominated media. At the very least make the top flight officials full time professional and have some accountability.

Couldn't have put it better. This is why we need referees from out-with Scotland in the top flight, we will never get a fair crack of the whip either from mentally challenged officials or snatzi leaning officials, all being cheerleaded by mentally challenged dominated media. At the very least make the top flight officials full time professional and have some accountability.

My argument to that is, how will making your Clancys, Robertsons, Walshs etc full time, make them any less corrupt?

People at Rangers need to understand something. The scum absolutely detest us. It's ingrained in them. From the board down to the dinner lady. This is quickly followed by the rest of Scottish Football yet we roll out the red carpet and try to be friends. We are soft from top to bottom.

Back