Arne Slot wants Liverpool job

CaptainCourageous

I’d like to become new Liverpool manager, my decisions is clear”.“Feyenoord and Liverpool are in talks to negotiate, I’m waiting to see what will come out of it”. “I am confident, waiting for the clubs to reach an agreement”, told ESPN.

Out of curiosity I would love to see what Guardiola could do with Liverpool.

I think their best bet of winning another title will be if he fu.cks off elsewhere.

It would be a great step up for him, proven he wasn’t the product of a good recruitment team to make him successful as some first though he was.

My mate in the Netherlands is gutted he’s leaving and said last summer he was better than the jobs being offered like Spurs.

He's transformed Feyenoord in the last few years. Turning them into title winners and title challengers.

Probably a better fit tactically than Amorim, who I'd imagine would need to change a lot of the personnel in order to implement his style. Similar style of appointment though, both managers who have transformed the fortunes of the traditional 3rd best sides in their Leagues/countries.

I get the trepidation from the media though, ten Hag had a better record than Slot, but ten Hag and Ajax also relied very heavily on Overmars, things were coming off the rails prior to his switch to United. Feyenoord seem to be much better set for the future.

Let's face it, nobody is going to be able to replicate what Klopp did there, especially the stuff that transcends football. He is however, a very good coach and could refresh the staleness around Anfield.

Way behind PSV in the league.Wouldnt think he would be the fans top choice to replace Klopp

BTW this guy was also bigging up that lot prior to their Champions League meeting last year saying they're on a different level to us.

I know how things like this influences opinion on here if someone is liked or not B-D

Ah yes, another overrated bald Dutch manager coming into the league.

Nah but it'll be a big ask to follow on from Klopp.

The right type of appointment for Liverpool at the stage.

The expectation won’t be sky high, he’s prepared to work with what he’s got and he has the same kind of profile Klopp had post-Dortmund.

He’s basically a free hit for an impossible job.

He's transformed Feyenoord in the last few years. Turning them into title winners and title challengers.

Probably a better fit tactically than Amorim, who I'd imagine would need to change a lot of the personnel in order to implement his style. Similar style of appointment though, both managers who have transformed the fortunes of the traditional 3rd best sides in their Leagues/countries.

I get the trepidation from the media though, ten Hag had a better record than Slot, but ten Hag and Ajax also relied very heavily on Overmars, things were coming off the rails prior to his switch to United. Feyenoord seem to be much better set for the future.

Let's face it, nobody is going to be able to replicate what Klopp did there, especially the stuff that transcends football. He is however, a very good coach and could refresh the staleness around Anfield.
What stuff?

Along with Gary O'Neill, Slot is a bit meh. Think Gio had a better trophy haul at Feyenoord in fact.

Strange how Liverpool can't attract a bigger name to take over from Klopp. Maybe a case of avoiding being the next one up after a legendary manager leaves? Lack of quality/available coaches around Europe?

Along with Gary O'Neill, Slot is a bit meh. Think Gio had a better trophy haul at Feyenoord in fact.

Strange how Liverpool can't attract a bigger name to take over from Klopp. Maybe a case of avoiding being the next one up after a legendary manager leaves? Lack of quality/available coaches around Europe?
Not really that many available to be honest. I reckon they'd have been banking on Alonso but that isn't going to happen.

I think thats it! Lack of quality options, Alonso would have been the number one choice, after that? No real obvious candidate

Like who?

BTW this guy was also bigging up that lot prior to their Champions League meeting last year saying they're on a different level to us.

I know how things like this influences opinion on here if someone is liked or not B-D
Based on this he's an obvious wrong un.

Tuchel, Jose are the big names out a job and neither would be accepted at that club. In the premier league there isn’t anyone sticking out as the fat Aussie has failed or fallen away at least, Howe has the biggest job he will get and the rest are just plodders spending obscene amounts giving average amounts back.

Abroad the big names are staying where they are, so it would need to be an Arteta like appointment which they don’t seem keen to do which is strange given what mikel is achieving.

As for slot, he will be on a hiding to nothing, Salah wants to stay but they want him out and the Saudis seem to be backtracking on that age of player.

Their main man at the back who is so overrated is being caught out week in week out, the wee rat at left back is almost if not done.

Their midfield is Brighton average, their strikers are wolves average, so they need to open a cheque book to keep up which they seem to moan about having to do. I would imagine that Man City, Arsenal and should Chelsea get their shit together will push them down to the 4 team chaser, hopefully

Tuchel, Jose are the big names out a job and neither would be accepted at that club. In the premier league there isn’t anyone sticking out as the fat Aussie has failed or fallen away at least, Howe has the biggest job he will get and the rest are just plodders spending obscene amounts giving average amounts back.

Abroad the big names are staying where they are, so it would need to be an Arteta like appointment which they don’t seem keen to do which is strange given what mikel is achieving.

As for slot, he will be on a hiding to nothing, Salah wants to stay but they want him out and the Saudis seem to be backtracking on that age of player.

Their main man at the back who is so overrated is being caught out week in week out, the wee rat at left back is almost if not done.

Their midfield is Brighton average, their strikers are wolves average, so they need to open a cheque book to keep up which they seem to moan about having to do. I would imagine that Man City, Arsenal and should Chelsea get their shit together will push them down to the 4 team chaser, hopefully
Fair comments I would say

As an aside, Robertson was absolutely awful on Wednesday.

So he’ll slot in well at Liverpool :))

Is replacing klopp as big a job replacing fergie at Man U? What he represents maybe but trophy wise not so much. I know any other era he’d have won a few more leagues

He’s done a great job at Feyenoord but that seems an enormous step up and a big risk for Liverpool. Highlights again the lack of outstanding managers around at the moment

Fair comments I would say

As an aside, Robertson was absolutely awful on Wednesday.

He has been awful a lot recently.

Age catching up on him, and Van Dijk not able to cover up his mistakes anymore.

Expect him to be moved on or certainly no longer a first pick next season. He won't be the only one.

I work for an Eindhoven based company lots of PSV fans and they say this will be Bosz first trophy. So maybe not right for the bin dippers

Thats a fair point tbf.

My only comparison is watching Bosz sides against us over the years and they have outplayed us every time with a nice brand of football.

Liverpool will be hoping Slot does better than their rivals Dutch manager.

At least they’re not trying to replace Klopp with another “personality”. The Scousers will just have to adapt to having a guy who’s just another football coach and not one of the fucking Beatles.

Soon to be known as ‘Arne the cuunt’ round these parts then.

i was down midweek for the derby, and the ones I was speaking to on Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon in the boozers, were generally in favour of him, but I got the feeling that most of them were trying to put a brave face on it, and were expecting that their club would have been able to attract a more higher profile manager,

i was down midweek for the derby, and the ones I was speaking to on Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon in the boozers, were generally in favour of him, but I got the feeling that most of them were trying to put a brave face on it, and were expecting that their club would have been able to attract a more higher profile manager,

I’d wager half of them had never heard of him this time last week.

Has man utd all over it.. he will absolutely fail at liverpool.. be judged with klopp.
And dutch coaches dont particularly do well in England.... already on line liverpool fans ate saying he needs to win the title within 2 yr.. and that eont happen..

Back