Arne Slot wants Liverpool job

Slot has won 2 trophies as Feyenoord manager. One Eredivisie title and one KNVB Cup.

GVB won 5 trophies as Feyenoord manager, One Eredivisie title, two KNVB Cups and two Johan Cruyff Shields.
Stealing this to wind my pals up

Slot has won 2 trophies as Feyenoord manager. One Eredivisie title and one KNVB Cup.

GVB won 5 trophies as Feyenoord manager, One Eredivisie title, two KNVB Cups and two Johan Cruyff Shields.

That's a fair point but also worth saying that Slot has won manager of the year twice at Feyenoord, took them into the last 16 of Europe for the first time in 20 years(and then made the final) and is a lot more consistent in the league than Gio.

Gio's points totals were 63, 82, 66 and 65 - 3rd, 1st, 4th and 3rd

Slot's point total are - 71, 82 and 75(three games left) - 3rd, 1st and 2nd(guaranteed 2nd)

It's a massive step up, one he'll more than probably fail and then the EPL bubble will chew him up and spit him out and label him as one of those duds everyone down there likes to laugh at. I understand why guys like him with risk it for a chance there but I sometimes wonder if it's worth the hassle for them with the shit they need to deal with.

Think he'll do fine and will be missed by Feyenoord.

He'll be taking 3 staff members with him (not part of the 15 million deal)

Feyenoord are now running on a plan set up 3 years ago and tweaked by Slot, so the new coach (rumour goes it's Pusic, his old assistant at AZ and Feyenoord) will continue on the path set out.

Slot started at Feyenoord with a 5 million transfer budget and leaves Feyenoord with 40+ million transfer budget and over 100+ in player sales.

Geertruida likely to join him as he was in the Liverpool end for their last game.

Last edited:

Looking just at trophies then yes Gio > Slot.

But in the general sense of the club, as mentioned in my other post, Slot changed the club for the better finance and playing style wise.

Love Gio but as a person who represents your club in the media and not coach them.

Thats a fair point tbf.

My only comparison is watching Bosz sides against us over the years and they have outplayed us every time with a nice brand of football.

Liverpool will be hoping Slot does better than their rivals Dutch manager.
His Lyon team absolutely destroyed us at Ibrox. If you were betting what team would end up in the final after that game you'd be sectioned if you thought it was us! Funny old game

Back