Article 99 - league title

If we win our game in hand and both OF games, then there are 4 points in it at the top, with 18 other points to play for. Theoretically.

No, I’m reading the SPFL rule book. You might want to try it before you slag people off. How dare we arm ourselves with facts when we can just howl at the moon eh?
I have already quoted rule C38 to you, it appears much different to your version.

The rules do say this. Potentially. The season runs from the first league game until the last league game, or as otherwise determined by the Board. Rule C38 says whoever is in first place at the end of the season is the Champion. A season is to be 38 games, excluding any postponed or abandoned games.

Therefore the Board could postpone the remaining games, say the season has ended (or that it ends on May 16 irrespective of how many games get played by then) and Celtic would be crowned Champions. And they can say it’s all in the rules. Because it is.

Or, they could say this particular eventuality is not accounted for in the rules and the Board has the power under the rules to make such determinations as it sees fit to cover it off.

And for those saying if they extend the season we shouldn’t play - that’s against the rules so we would get penalised for that.

Article 99.9 has this catch all below. Note the Sun interpret this as awarding the league to Celtic whereas a more reasonable non partisan interpretation of action in the event no more fixtures could be played and Rangers could still win the league would be to void. Otherwise the Board would be in effect predicting football results. I think Rangers would go to CAS or perhaps seek a judicial review (if you can do that for SPFL - think it’s just public bodies can do that).

99.9. in relation to the operation of the League, the League Cup and any other Competition operated by the Company, be entitled to make such arrangements, adopt such procedures and make such determinations as it considers appropriate in circumstances where the Rules or Regulations, as the case may be, do not direct or provide for the manner in which the League, League Cup or other Competition operated by the Company should proceed or be operated;

They'll award to the Tims, you know I know it, everybody knows it.
Absolutely not. The minute there’s a hint from the football authorities in this country that they’re prepared to award the title to the mentally challengeds then it’s all out war. We need to challenge this to the highest court in the land.
2019/20 must be made null and void. It’s the only solution.

If we win our game in hand and both OF games, then there are 4 points in it at the top, with 18 other points to play for. Theoretically.
Exactomundo, if say this is say man city, there is no way on this planet Liverpool are even claiming the title never mind being awarded it,, so we must challenge them and be up for the fight like never before.

The Scottish sun today reported -

However, in extreme cases such as this one, Article 99 of the SPFL constitution says the board DOES have it in their power to make decisions such as awarding the title IF it is deemed to be in the best interests of the company.

Having looked at article 99 –

That's incorrect

I couldn't copy and paste the text and don't know how to post a screenshot.

They can change the rules , but there's no mention of awarding the title.

The article has voiding as the 4th option, which in my view , is the only sensible option.

If you try and play into the summer, players are out of contract, and clubs might not be able to fulfill fixtures, or clubs can sign new players - how would that be fair if the team is upgraded to play the last part of the season.

The only fair option is to void the league , start afresh after the summer.

How can the Scottish Sun get away with misdirecting the public ?
There’s about 100 threads on it we get it

Absolutely not. The minute there’s a hint from the football authorities in this country that they’re prepared to award the title to the mentally challengeds then it’s all out war. We need to challenge this to the highest court in the land.

Only way they could reasonably do it is if it is mathematically certain they are only winners.

It is clearly a narrative that the media buddies of the scum will be running in the days and weeks ahead.

Obviously it's not the correct decision or one I can stomach but I'm 100% convinced that's what the will happen

Rangers need to say feck all for now to the media. On this one dignified silence is 100% correct.

The yahoos are doing a grand job of looking crass wankers trying to claim unearned titles. Leave them to it.

When the time comes the club needs to be ready to act. Nothing wrong with telling the SPFL privately that they will fight it all the way.

The only question anyone on our board needs to ask is "would the yahoos hand us the title if the roles were reversed?".
Superb post.

The rules do say this. Potentially. The season runs from the first league game until the last league game, or as otherwise determined by the Board. Rule C38 says whoever is in first place at the end of the season is the Champion. A season is to be 38 games, excluding any postponed or abandoned games.

Therefore the Board could postpone the remaining games, say the season has ended (or that it ends on May 16 irrespective of how many games get played by then) and Celtic would be crowned Champions. And they can say it’s all in the rules. Because it is.

Or, they could say this particular eventuality is not accounted for in the rules and the Board has the power under the rules to make such determinations as it sees fit to cover it off.

And for those saying if they extend the season we shouldn’t play - that’s against the rules so we would get penalised for that.

"A season is to be 38 games, excluding any postponed or abandoned games."

That quite clearly means a season must consist of 38 completed games (i.e. postponed or abandoned games cannot be counted to reach the total of 38). No-one will be in first place at the end of the season as the season will not have ended if 38 games have not been played.

A null and void season without Champions is where we are heading.

Rangers need to say feck all for now to the media. On this one dignified silence is 100% correct.

The yahoos are doing a grand job of looking crass wankers trying to claim unearned titles. Leave them to it.

When the time comes the club needs to be ready to act. Nothing wrong with telling the SPFL privately that they will fight it all the way.

The only question anyone on our board needs to ask is "would the yahoos hand us the title if the roles were reversed?".

100% what my thoughts are Del.

Let the child abusers & enablers show people that they are still immoral & sub human.

I have already quoted rule C38 to you, it appears much different to your version.
No, C38 says whoever is top when the Season ends is Champion. That’s what I said. The question is when the Season ends. The Season as defined in the rules. That can be decided by the Board. So if the Season ends before 38 games that lot are the winners per the rules.

That would be totally wrong and as others have rightly said per the rules a Season is supposed to be 38 games. But if that's not possible who knows what will happen. That’s where the Board can do largely whatever they want. That’s why I said giving separate entity FC the title was potentially in the rules. It all comes down to whether they have the power to cut a season short.

There’s nothing in the rules that specifically allows them to void a Season. Or says what they should do in the event a global pandemic (or other unusual event) means the games can’t be played.

My original post in the thread was not to say they should give anyone the title as some have suggested (far from it) but simply that if the SPFL wanted to do that (which was the point in the OP) the rules potentially gave them a way to do so. But if UEFA say European seasons must end before a set date so next season can start on time we’re screwed and they’ll get 9 with an asterisk.

"A season is to be 38 games, excluding any postponed or abandoned games."

That quite clearly means a season must consist of 38 completed games (i.e. postponed or abandoned games cannot be counted to reach the total of 38). No-one will be in first place at the end of the season as the season will not have ended if 38 games have not been played.

A null and void season without Champions is where we are heading.

Spot on !

Back