Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Second City Derby

Great goal, wtf is this commentary all about, you would think it’s the game of the century with two of the worlds greatest rivals!!

What a goal that was from Hutton.

Just for the record, he retired from Scotland duty 2 years ago. Big Eck needs to get on the phone to him pronto. At 33, I don't see him wanting to come back.

They've bottled it against villa yet again, none of them made an effort to stop that run. The ref has been a cvnt as well but the blues defence has been shit. The last 15 games results in this fixture are 1 blues win, 4 draws, 10 vile wins. Embarrassing one sided derby now I'm sad to say.

They've bottled it against villa yet again, none of them made an effort to stop that run. The ref has been a cvnt as well but the blues defence has been shit. The last 15 games results in this fixture are 1 blues win, 4 draws, 10 vile wins. Embarrassing one sided derby now I'm sad to say.

Agree mate.

Spineless performance from the Villa equaliser onwards, up until that Blues played well.

If Adams scores the chance where he hit the post to make it 2-0, it would have been different, but that's all ifs and buts.

Blues record in the derby is awful of late, hopefully this changes in March.

I came on to ask where this “Second City” thing came from.
Do the Brummies call it such?
Absolutely they do. Consider it to be a close one between Brum and Manchester but it is completely considered to be the second city there, based upon size of population basically.

I see the defending idiots were on again. According to these clowns every goal is preventable, therefore all goals are defensive errors.

Wasn't Aston Villa started by Rangers fans? Almost sure I've read that on here years ago.
The lion rampant and "prepared" on their badge very similar to our own and "ready"

Anyone else see the Birmingham fan with a Gers top on?

Sky sports news highlights, panned to the away fans as one of their players hit the post.

Great game and what a goal from Hutton.

Watched the Wolves v Huddersfield game later at it was woeful. Huddersfield look and play like a rugby team.

Back