Away fans at Leeds vs Norwich last night

Noticed last night that the Norwich fans were on the top tier above Leeds last night!

I know it’s been discussed many times but this just shows that putting all away fans in the club deck corner out of the road would be achievable. So what if the away fans need to be in an hour before KO. I know it’s never going to change now but it angers me at times when the board just got lazy and didn’t go down different avenues on where away fans could go. It could have easily been done for club deck.
Maybe people in the club deck, don't want away fans up there. It's not a cheap part of the ground.

Not sure I'd be keen on Aberdeen and Celtic fans being directly above me mind. I'd just give them BF1 now the Union Bears are moving and for the really small supports just move the segregation banner even further along so they only get half of that section (or even less). Also means away fans aren't really visible on TV.
This is the ideal place to put away fans - should be easy to manage the tickets given ongoing move of UB.

The amount of season tickets is the issue because it becomes an exercise in moving people but there’s a window of opportunity just now.

Yeah with about 30 fans. But it could be easily done with all support not just the smaller teams. To me it’s just laziness on the boards part .
It can’t be done with all clubs. Hospitality has the first 3 or 4 rows right along the club deck. Where are they to go? Or do you just plant 2,500 mutants right behind them? Getting them in and out would be a logistical nightmare, even an hour before and after. The main stand and west enclosure would smothered in cups of piss. Screens and netting won’t resolve that.

Watching 30 Livingston fans just isn’t the same.

Netting is definitely allowed, there’s netting above the away section at Sheffield United and at the corner of the Everton away section closest to the stand behind the goal

Don’t think Perspex is allowed
But what I mean is been 'fenced in' with netting like you see at European grounds - I don't recall seen any UK ground like that

Yeah I know at Sheffield United there is some attached to the upper tier where the away fans are in the lower tier wasn't some at Everton either

Wait until next season in the OF game at Ibrox ( if they take their allocation ) and watch their behaviour , and being subjected to their bile , then ask yourself if it was a good idea to let even one of them in , wherever they end up.

The police wouldn't allow it. Stuff would get thrown on the away fans from above.
was at Leeds v West ham last year and when West ham equalised in front of North stand it right in front of me i was expecting a shower of objects but nothing not 1 item was thrown ........ looks like in a societal sense England has their house in order
Norwich only got the upper stand as they didnt sell out apparently. Normally away fans would be in both lower and upper there.

We absolutely 'could' do it especially with the smaller teams
%^*& it I'd even say why not the likes of Aberdeen etc, give them one chance and if they %^*& it up then they get banned
it fluctuates all season i'd say 50/50

Wait until next season in the OF game at Ibrox ( if they take their allocation ) and watch their behaviour , and being subjected to their bile , then ask yourself if it was a good idea to let even one of them in , wherever they end up.
Given where my seat is, I'll be pretty much right next to them. I personally couldn't give a %^*& what they sing tbh. If they want to sing in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation then as far as I'm concerned it just shows them up for the complete scum they are. But does it offend me? No.

Given where my seat is, I'll be pretty much right next to them. I personally couldn't give a %^*& what they sing tbh. If they want to sing in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation then as far as I'm concerned it just shows them up for the complete scum they are. But does it offend me? No.
The fact you've bothered to comment and highlight their scum behaviour.suggests it does offend you.

Noticed last night that the Norwich fans were on the top tier above Leeds last night!

I know it’s been discussed many times but this just shows that putting all away fans in the club deck corner out of the road would be achievable. So what if the away fans need to be in an hour before KO. I know it’s never going to change now but it angers me at times when the board just got lazy and didn’t go down different avenues on where away fans could go. It could have easily been done for club deck.
Imagine getting angry about this :))

The board have explored it with Livingston trial. They aren’t being lazy about it, it’s just not a priority.

It’s so far down the list of things that needs sorted, if it even needs sorted at all.

The fact you've bothered to comment and highlight their scum behaviour.suggests it does offend you.
Na I was actually replying to you after you invited people to ask themselves if it was a good idea letting them in and having to listen to their bile, which I presumed to mean pro IRA songs.

The only time I've witnessed it at Ibrox, was v Hearts in Nov 87 (Ray Wilkins debut) and I was disgusted.

Why would you ever subject your own fans to being spat on and missiles thrown down on them?

Utter lunacy.
Things have been thrown as easily from the away fans in Govan west. 2 occasions I’ve seen coins chucked by Aberdeen hitting a fella and also Hibs when a bottle was thrown. Not so long ago killie also launched a bottle into our end so doesn’t matter where away fans sit always going to be missiles

And they say exactly the same about Rangers fans inside parkhead.
yAnd round and round we go

Imagine getting angry about this :))

The board have explored it with Livingston trial. They aren’t being lazy about it, it’s just not a priority.

It’s so far down the list of things that needs sorted, if it even needs sorted at all.
Angry?? Jesus is that what it’s called now on these forums for starting a discussion?? Im
Now angry?? %^*& me :))

Segregation would be difficult, as would using toilet and catering facilities, and I pity those that would be below them.

And in that one chance you could be sitting with a grandchild and he get's whacked on the head with a missile because you want to give the opposition fans one chance?

Even by FF standards, your proposal is preposterous.

Ibrox is for our fans and safety first and foremost. Not to be targets.
fair enough, they could throw a missile from where they are already though
albeit its easier to throw down onto someone

fair enough, they could throw a missile from where they are already though
albeit its easier to throw down onto someone

It's just that from my vantage point in the Copland at the other end of the pitch, I could see our support in the Broomloan looking up at the upper stand, so obviously stuff was being flung or poured down on them.

Of course this was nine months or so before FF hit the streets, so I had nowhere to vent my frustration.

Certainly, domestically, we should never allow a support to be in a position to hurl stuff down on us.

What's your opinion on Rangers fans getting access to away tickets

( I'm guessing to don't give 2 f*cks )
I attend away games when I can. Done 5 aways this season. It’s expensive enough travelling for every home game never mind all away games so have to restrict them. Although with Celtic I don’t think I could face giving them £50. I actually despise the bastards to be honest and the only time I would even think about going back to parkhead would be a cup game when we get half the gate money!

I have no problems with fans going to away games, majority of clubs are cutting out allocations out of spite. What I do have a problem with is when season ticket holders were told your moving seats tough shit, and the attitude of some so called Rangers fans gloating on here about us losing our seats not knowing if we were going to get new ones or not. I seen the selfishness of so many so I’m gonna be honest, going forward I will also be selfish in my ways to. If that means someone missing out on an away day to suit my needs then so be it

I'm sure away fans used to be above us at some point as I remember being at a Rangers game many moons ago and the Aberdeen fans were in the tier above us, I remember it as I got hit by a pie launch from the Aberdeen fans

Hearts and Aberdeen fans have both been in the top tier of the Broomloan in the 80's or early nineties, remember it well. And they both filled it, in fact I even remember Hearts getting the whole Broomloan at least once and filling it.

Get this notion of putting away fans in the Club Deck to %^*&.

If anything now that UB's are moving let's get away fans into BF1/2 as we did in the 90s

Club deck is totally unworkable for away fans. Shared stairwell, shared concourse, shared toilets, shared entrance exits. Will never happen.

I will repeat what I have been saying for years. If we have to have away fans, then the end section (or two) of the West enclosure, with a movable buffer zone, depending on how many tickets the opposition buy. If they can get into the Broomloan, they can get into this area, and they must be in place and the turnstiles closed 30 minutes before kick-off and only opened 30 minutes after the final whistle.
Treat these away 'fans' with the same contempt they have been treating us for years.

Back