Away friendlies you'd love to see pre-season

Reading would be great for me and kids.

Otherwise would just prefer a home friendly during English school holidays, so July please. Might be slightly more chance this year because of Euros.

Fulham les than 15 minutes walk down the river from home. Couple of new pubs on river on way up from Hammersmith since the last game

Hoping to see rangers in FC Copenhagen on a warm summer day at some point, hopefully before we get them in a champions league qualifier and end up scrapping with them instead.

They have a very close relationship with hsv, presumably a decent relationship with us as well considering the winter friendly.

It's legal to drink on the streets which will do for the bag of cans crowd (me) and plenty of high quality local talent. The ground will sell booze and can drink watching the game.

Newcastle, Arsenal and Hamburg for me. Would love a return of the yearly pre-season match against the Arsenal.

t81gItc.png

Really 20 years ago ? Wow
Remember trains pulling into Newcastle station with Bears piling off and over that wee bridge with the tunes echoing through the whole place.
Its mad when you think of it eh

We were speaking to a few geordies after the game in the pub and they said our support was the best they'd ever seen at St James' as we'd taken over the Gallowgate end

Met a few on the Sunday too and one of them said he was whistling bouncy bouncy on the way home on the Metro! :D

Its mad when you think of it eh

We were speaking to a few geordies after the game in the pub and they said our support was the best they'd ever seen at St James' as we'd taken over the Gallowgate end

Met a few on the Sunday too and one of them said he was whistling bouncy bouncy on the way home on the Metro! :D
Yep, they loved the bouncy. Good folk down there.

Not so much a friendly but I’d love to see Steven Davis get a testimonial farewell game. He deserves it.

Would be great to have a Rangers select and a Northern Ireland select at Ibrox or windsor park. If fit let him have 10/15 minutes each half with some past players he’s played with both with Rangers and NI. He’s been a great servant to both club and country

Just feel his farewell for both Rangers and NI was a bit subdued for such a great player for both

Not so much a friendly but I’d love to see Steven Davis get a testimonial farewell game. He deserves it.

Would be great to have a Rangers select and a Northern Ireland select at Ibrox or windsor park. If fit let him have 10/15 minutes each half with some past players he’s played with both with Rangers and NI. He’s been a great servant to both club and country

Just feel his farewell for both Rangers and NI was a bit subdued for such a great player for both
Windsor Park would be a great trip. Fill the place for a legend.

Great shout.

Another shout for Malaga. Handy from all of the Costa Del Sol resorts.

Would be huge numbers of Bears at the Rosaleda, which is a lovely stadium.

Last edited:
Back