Away friendlies you'd love to see pre-season

Stockport County
HSV
Pollok (ok we can but dream)
Sheffield Wednesday. Stayed down here for many, many years now. Grandkids are Wednesday fans as well as being Bears.

But also, after the first game a few years ago a guy in the stand behind me said he’d been going to Hillsborough for 25 years and The Rangers was the best away support he’d ever seen - for a friendly!

Would love Chelsea at The Bridge. Its about time we get another good English away day. They are playing the mhanks in the USA though.

Real Mallorca. Combine a holiday and a Rangers game.

Been looking for an excuse to get to an Inter Miami game for a while as well.

Sheffield Wednesday. Stayed down here for many, many years now. Grandkids are Wednesday fans as well as being Bears.

But also, after the first game a few years ago a guy in the stand behind me said he’d been going to Hillsborough for 25 years and The Rangers was the best away support he’d ever seen - for a friendly!

True. I was there too.

Aston Villa, we have unfinished business there
Interesting the claim that we used letter boxes to crap into, that’s quite an achievement, I’m away to try it now with my nasty neighbour

Last edited:
Hamburg, Cologne and Schalke - all proper football clubs badly let down by those running them

Lot of buzz about Stockport , people moving there / leaving Manchester as cheaper living costs

It was a grim chav town when I lived in that neck of the woods. Air max and tracksuits everywhere

The Gateshead cup in 2004 was a superb weekend
18 years old. Was up until 4am on the Friday night partying. Missed my alarm and my old man had to chase the supporters bus down so I made it to Newcastle. The weekend continued in a similar vein. Absolute carnage.

Down to the Den would be superb ! :)
Some great pubs round London Bridge and further down Bermondsey would be class met quite a few Millwall down there when I was in London a few weeks ago England were playing Brazil in a friendly plenty of football lads about all said they liked the Rangers was even talking away to one and I asked which team he followed he said Rangers dad was a bear and he followed us everywhere class.

Its mad when you think of it eh

We were speaking to a few geordies after the game in the pub and they said our support was the best they'd ever seen at St James' as we'd taken over the Gallowgate end

Met a few on the Sunday too and one of them said he was whistling bouncy bouncy on the way home on the Metro! :D
We were still in Newcastle on the Sunday night and the pub we were in the DJ said “surly no rangers fans are left in Newcastle now” puts on simply the best.yup the majority in the pub were bears :cool:

Singing Alan Shearer your a w*nker for about 15 mins then he got subbed and threw captains armband away. He says it is the only time in his career that fans ever got to him.
Especially as we were in the gallowgate end that rubbed it in even more for shearer.the Newcastle manager Bobby Robson was less than enamoured about it as well.

Most fans would be happy with just one away day down South somewhere every summer.

I don't think our security team or local police in these places can be arsed dealing with the numbers we bring though for it to be a regular thing.

Fulham would be fantastic.

Would love to see Craven Cottage especially after the works done on it over the last few years.

Living in Yorkshire Leeds Utd or the Sheffield clubs spring to mind. If not some of the larger stadiums like Villa, Spurs, Arsenal etc to hopefully get a decent away allocation and a good day out.

Back