Barcelona aim to negotiate salary cut with players

We've got posters on here defending them.
They should give what they can afford as that’s what any of us would do. Really cannot expect 1 million a week to sit in house.
get it to health service and if he never I would name and shame.

When things do go back to normal wages and transfer fees will hopefully become more in line with reality.

My boss told me today that wage rises across the company have been cancelled this year which I was expecting tbh. My response was I'm cool with that if it means we can still have a job and if it comes to it I'd be willing to sacrifice holidays this year aswell and just work if its needed. I'm not wealthy, I have a mortgage, loans and Bill's but in the last week I've still donated some cash to some local covid groups to help those really unfortunate who are struggling to eat and have essentials like electricity. If folks like me and I'm sure many others on here can do that then these overpaid arsehole footballers worshipped by millions should be doing the same. When this is all over a rethink and readjustment of what's important and who is worthy in society needs to happen.

I know all clubs will have effected revenue but Barcelona have the money, one of the biggest clubs in the world. If they where to ask players to take a dip the money from players wages should be used support families and key workers across Spain though probably basque region that would be rather than just because their income will be effected. Good PR which the people that make them won’t forget

I know all clubs will have effected revenue but Barcelona have the money, one of the biggest clubs in the world. If they where to ask players to take a dip the money from players wages should be used support families and key workers across Spain though probably basque region that would be rather than just because their income will be effected. Good PR which the people that make them won’t forget
Barcelona are from Catalonia, not the Basque region.

€1bn of a wage bill is an absolute disgrace for a club who are perpetually hundreds of millions in debt.

I'd be doing this with our players as soon as possible. Survival is the only thing that matters right now.

It's a horrible situation but we're all in this together. I'd pay season ticket money tomorrow if they needed it.

I read a meme earlier and it went along the lines of "Funny how low income workers are expected to have savings to deal with a crisis yet billion dollar corporations are on their knees asking for Government help after a couple of weeks"

Scary.

Back