Barcelona to sack Xavi

KingCarlos72

After resigning in January then doing a turn last month it appears Xavi needs a Taxi after all!

He basically says they can’t compete Europe or with Real Madrid and the board ain’t happy so taxi for Xavi

When you think about where they were about 10 years ago it’s actually hilarious how badly they’ve managed to mess everything up :))

I’m shocked they even won the league under him to be honest, because in terms of squad and resources Madrid are in a position to dominate there akin to what Bayern did until this season.

They are a mess, apparently they have to fill a 130 mil hole by July. They'll just randomly 'pull a lever' and be able to go on.

I've heard they haven't paid Leeds for Rapinha yet, so we'll probably be waiting for that 500k from Leeds if Kamara gets promoted for a while.

too much spending massive on less than superstar players instead of continuing to focus on the academy + adding in serious top level players to play with them

chasing a short term gain in the expense of long term planning

they did it before but will they have the balls to do it again?

Ter Stegen

Kounde
Martinez
Aruajo
Balde

de Jong
Pedri
Gavi

Lamine
Lewandowski
Torres

a more than decent start with the likes of Fermin, Cubarsi, Guiu to supplement

its the likes of Raphina, Christiansen, Cancelo etc that should not have been brought in

They are a mess, apparently they have to fill a 130 mil hole by July. They'll just randomly 'pull a lever' and be able to go on.

I've heard they haven't paid Leeds for Rapinha yet, so we'll probably be waiting for that 500k from Leeds if Kamara gets promoted for a while.
Apparently he is back of the EPL so that will
Cover that debt, not a bad model, buy a player that you can’t afford, play him for 2 years and then sell him to another team that will pay your debt

too much spending massive on less than superstar players instead of continuing to focus on the academy + adding in serious top level players to play with them

Ter Stegen

Kounde
Martinez
Aruajo
Balde

de Jong
Pedri
Gavi

Lamine
Lewandowski
Torres

its the likes of Raphina, Christiansen, Cancelo etc that should not have been brought in
Defence is average, lewandowski is done

I thought they owed crazy money to creditors, like a billion Euros or something nuts like that. ?

When you think about where they were about 10 years ago it’s actually hilarious how badly they’ve managed to mess everything up :))

I’m shocked they even won the league under him to be honest, because in terms of squad and resources Madrid are in a position to dominate there akin to what Bayern did until this season.

Hits too close to home tbh.

Messi held them together for years and papered over so many cracks.

The 2018/19 season was arguably one of his best and he somehow only finished 5th in the Ballon d'Or. :D

Marquez has been a Laporta driven thing for months over there.

He’s hoping to have the Pep style B team to first team bounce.

Ter Stegen

Kounde
Martinez
Aruajo
Balde

de Jong
Pedri
Gavi

Lamine
Lewandowski
Torres

I’m surprised they didn’t take their medicine when it initially hit the fan and fully commit to the full season with the younger players.

They could have sacrificed a season or two to build around Gavi, Pedri, Fati and whatever other players they had coming through.

Results weren’t amazing, but they were comfortably top 4. Regardless, they chucked that strategy in the January and went back to the mental spending.

Defence is average, lewandowski is done

thats where the money would be spent on 1 or 2 big names

even the likes of Gudogen - tremendous player but do Barca need people going there for a retirement fund
the like of Alonso were ridiculous signings

He isn't telling lies though. Barcelona are an utter shambles financially and Real Madrid are now operating on another level. The board should have bit the bullet a couple of years ago and tightened the purse strings.

Ter Stegen

Kounde
Martinez
Aruajo
Balde

de Jong
Pedri
Gavi

Lamine
Lewandowski
Torres

It felt to me like they were too scared of a few dry seasons in case they lost these 'legacy' fans to the likes of PSG, Real Madrid, City etc.

Madrid will walk it for a while, unless they sign Harry Kane. ;)

I'm sure Leeds can afford £500k without having to wait for money from Barcelona.

Marquez has been a Laporta driven thing for months over there.

He’s hoping to have the Pep style B team to first team bounce.

Gab Marcotti was saying he’s one of the least impressive footballers he’s ever met in terms of insight/knowledge into the game.

Can’t see a Pep style revolution happening with that appointment.

It’s the cheap option, albeit probably preferable to Flick.

Pep Guardiola is a once in a generation manager and Barcelona forever trying to unearth the next one is what's completely ruining them.

Marquez will probably be next in the line of failures.

Unrelated to his managerial career, but I remember on here about 4-5 years ago one of the FF football geniuses declaring that "Xavi doesn't deserve to be anywhere near an all-time Champions League XI" :D

And just to compound the stupidity; yes, we were talking only about the CL era, not the European Cup as a whole...

Unrelated to his managerial career, but I remember on here about 4-5 years ago one of the FF football geniuses declaring that "Xavi doesn't deserve to be anywhere near an all-time Champions League XI" :D

And just to compound the stupidity; yes, we were talking only about the CL era, not the European Cup as a whole...

Tbf there have been a lot of absolutely incredible midfielders in that time.

While he has absolutely been one of them, it's not that crazy an opinion that there may be 2 or 3 midfielders better than him since 1992.

For all Barca did well in the CL, they didn't dominate like Real Madrid have recently. They got run over the top of by Bayern and things like that at times.

I'd have Iniesta before Xavi myself probably.

To be brutally honest they have pretty much done what we did and are in a similar two horse race as we are.

The problem with a two horse race which we have found out is that when one horse isn’t competing the other gets an awful lot stronger.

Are they now the Rangers of Spain?

To steal a popular misconception from FF…

While he has absolutely been one of them, it's not that crazy an opinion that there may be 2 or 3 midfielders better than him since 1992.

For all Barca did well in the CL, they didn't dominate like Real Madrid have recently. They got run over the top of by Bayern and things like that at times.

Aye, it sounds absurd when you first say no Xavi in a Champions League XI, but when you run off a list of the names that have played, it becomes

Luka Modric
Zinedine Zidane
Toni Kroos
Andres Iniesta
Bob Malcolm
Steven Gerrard
Andre Pirlo
Sergio Busquets
Clarence Seedorf
Frank Lampard
Michael Ballack
Kevin Dr Bruyne

I could keep going but you get the picture. You could easily create 2/3 Champions League XI's and not have a clue who'd win head to head.

To be brutally honest they have pretty much done what we did and are in a similar two horse race as we are.

The problem with a two horse race which we have found out is that when one horse isn’t competing the other gets an awful lot stronger.
I know man but I honestly couldn’t bring myself to take “akin to Celtic” so just used Bayern instead

Aye, it sounds absurd when you first say no Xavi in a Champions League XI, but when you run off a list of the names that have played, it becomes

Luka Modric
Zinedine Zidane
Toni Kroos
Andres Iniesta
Bob Malcolm
Steven Gerrard
Andre Pirlo
Sergio Busquets
Clarence Seedorf
Frank Lampard
Michael Ballack
Kevin Dr Bruyne

I could keep going but you get the picture. You could easily create 2/3 Champions League XI's and not have a clue who'd win head to head.
Ballack on the same list as those greats?

It’s embarrassing how they’ve been ran considering where they were in world football 2008-2012ish… they took the neymar money then spent that plus on complete dross. They know they are in the shit finance, but proceed with a stadium refurb?

Ter Stegen

Kounde
Martinez
Aruajo
Balde

de Jong
Pedri
Gavi

Lamine
Lewandowski
Torres

On a side note, who's maw was it big Pique was hanging oot the back of, Pedri or Gavi?

There are Rolls Royces (c Carlos Pena) then there is Andres Iniesta.The only player in history to win MOTM awards in the World Cup Final, Euro Final and Champions League Final says it all.

When Neymar decided to leave for PSG, that was a blow to the club's ego from which they've never truly recovered.

They have won the league title three times in seven years since then, which isn't terrible. But seeing one of their star players choosing to leave when at the peak of his powers indicated that they were no longer the draw they once were.

Since Messi left it's hard to recognise them anymore. That golden age of Barcelona is well and truly over. Not currently playing at the Nou Camp doesn't help either.

When Neymar decided to leave for PSG, that was a blow to the club's ego from which they've never truly recovered.

They have won the league title three times in seven years since then, which isn't terrible. But seeing one of their star players choosing to leave when at the peak of his powers indicated that they were no longer the draw they once were.

Since Messi left it's hard to recognise them anymore. That golden age of Barcelona is well and truly over. Not currently playing at the Nou Camp doesn't help either.
Tend to agree with you. And I always thought Messi was a bit of a one man show his last few years there anyway, he was papering over some serious cracks so I’m not surprised at the way they sank when he departed. Either way Madrid have a squad and resources that no one else in Spain can touch, so I expect the Spanish league won’t be as exciting as it’s previously been.

Luka Modric
Zinedine Zidane
Toni Kroos
Andres Iniesta
Bob Malcolm
Steven Gerrard
Andre Pirlo
Sergio Busquets
Clarence Seedorf
Frank Lampard
Michael Ballack
Kevin Dr Bruyne

Bob Malcolm get's the nod.

I don't know who hes head-butting first but he definetly gets the nod.

Back