Barisic not getting a run out

Status
Not open for further replies.
He picked the team to win the game, Clement isn't sentimental.
It's also clear that with poor form, Borna has also been playing with an injury, a double whammy we've experienced throughout our squad of late.
He is forever pulling up and stretching a tight hamstring. I think it's just been a case of him and Ridvan being injured but Borna being able to play with his.
Ridvan is now fit but still getting his minutes managed with the SC Final in mind, with a bit of luck Fraser can save us any outward fees in the fullback area and I'd imagine an identical sub next week against Hearts also so Clement can assess this

Last edited:
Nothing is done yet. What message does that send out if Clement chucks it and starts giving players run outs?
His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.
He wouldn’t have been on my bench if I had been in charge infact he could have went to turkey as soon as he signed

I don’t see why a two minute run out at 5-2 up would be a problem.
So you would have brought him on when the game was at 2-2 and still in the balance when Yimaz was taken off? Or brought him on at 3-2 when the game wasn’t fully decided? just so he could get a run out at Ibrox one last time. The manager wanted to win the game and made the subs he thought would do it, not one just for a player to get on the park one last time.

I don’t see why a two minute run out at 5-2 up would be a problem.
Because there’s no more subs?

Anyway, what has Borna fucking done to deserve it in his time here?

None of those players deserve a sending off, for being overpaid underachievers.

Sending offs are for players that are successful and have won things, not fucking losers.

Tbf, the best thing for the club is to get a look at a young player who has bided his time rather than a guy on his notice period. He might still get the Hearts game so might be early to call it a statement
That ‘young’ player is 21!! Hardly a youngster and I’d suggest the fact he’s making his first team debut at that age he isn’t making it at Ibrox.

That ‘young’ player is 21!! Hardly a youngster and I’d suggest the fact he’s making his first team debut at that age he isn’t making it at Ibrox.
History tells us that he probably won’t make it because no one makes it with us. It’s a broken system. If you never try them then you’ll never know and they are unlikely to stick around not playing football in their pivotal development years. And frankly we are only likely to try them in dead rubbers like last night

Hence my point that the best thing for the club was to put in the academy player rather than a guy who is leaving us in 16 days.

Wait a minute. It’s not like Clement stopped him from walking round at the end. That’s his goodbye at Ibrox.

He’ll get a chance to win the cup as a member of the squad and get a massive send off at Hampden, just like the rest of the leavers. Get it done, get a good send off. Fail and get nothing.

I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.
He lacked class every time he's taken the pitch in a long time, cowardly displays not even pretending to press or tackle defenders, just backing off repeatedly with zero effort to win the ball or block a cross. Sooner he's gone the better.

Last edited:
I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.
What's lacked class are Borna's performances and injury record in big games of late

He's long yesterday's man now and he can come on the pitch and wave to the fans after.

Giving the young lad a run out at home in a done game is perfect.

I would much rather see Robbie Fraser get minutes than Borna strolling through his final games.
All of those are out of contract should be nowhere near the team again.
There is genuinely no need for players who are not going to be here to be playing when we can give minutes to those who are staying.

Would rather we played some players who were going to be here next season, than give people a run out to say bye.
I'd rather play anyone who isn't terrified of receiving the ball. Opposition players don't even shut him down when he has 40 yards of space ahead of him to drive into because they know the ball is going backwards. Been here a few seasons too many.

Barisic is a poor defender, always has been. In his prime under Gerrard he was very inconsistent, and for the most part hid in big games. He's shown moments of quality and had some decent spells, but he should have been sold after the EL final. Both Ridvan and Bassey came into left back and looked better than him. Harsh post i know, but he will not be missed by the majority of fans.

I used to be one of the staunchest defenders of Borna on this message board, but the way he's played recently, he didn't deserve to come on.

He had a chance, for weeks while Ridvan was injured, to make himself undroppable in the run in and he just didn't look like his heart was in it anymore. To me that lacks class, tbh.

Wish him all the best in the future, though.
Both him and Lundstram playing like they had just handed their notice in.

While i wish Borna well in his future career, i have zero time for sentimental pish for players that no longer deserve to wear the jersey.

He’s been an average servant with not a great deal of memorable performances under his belt. He could put a great ball into the box and now and then be decent defensively, but let’s cut the bullshit here. He scored a free kick against St. Mirren that resurrected his career for the club at the start of his second season such was the poverty of his showings. He’s capitulated at the midden more times than anyone can imagine. He didn’t get enough goals as an attacking full back and he was generally average.

Sorry, room for sentiment is over for perennial losers in this squad, Borna being a core part of that.

The players walking around that park tonight after the game, smiling and having a wee giggle with each other etc. not for me. These players, nobody else, caused the absolute capitulation of our season from the Motherwell defeat, Ross County defeat, a dismal as you’ll ever see draw at Dens and 3 absolutely dross showings against the scum, arguably 4 had it not been for a miraculous comeback for a draw.

The club in general have been to blame for not kicking on when required and there better be someone right at the top of the table watching on, looking on in here and seeing the support that they so rely on be as unhappy as you’ll ever get at the club. Somebody better be getting planning for next season and make sure the wallet is full for it as well or else next season will actually be the worst season we will ever witness, far FAR worse than any perceived 10 in a row shite. They overtake our trophy haul in our lifetimes is literally the absolute worst thing that can happen to this club, our heritage, our culture. The fucking worst thing.

Zero time for sentiment for failure, none whatsoever.
Great post!

You know what if it was someone like Ally McCoist, Richard Gough guys that had spent the large part of their careers at the club I would be annoyed they didn't get a few minutes in their last home game however as far as I am concerned the likes of Borna checked out months ago and he has been hit and miss at his time with the club and goes with my best wishes but we have a final to prepare for so no issues from me

Whilst his bottle and his defensive ability can be questioned, the absolute class of character Borna is cannot. I don’t think he would a pity appearance at the expense of giving a young boy a run out. Football isn’t about sentimentality. Similarly if it were Tav, Roofe etc I don’t think they’d want that either.
Bottle and character, are they not similar?

We still had a game to win and it wasn't very likely that Barisic was going to offer us much. By the time we had sorted that out we had used our subs. Competitive games are not the place for send off unfortunately.

Bottle and character, are they not similar?
No I would say they are different in my opinion. Character is showing loyalty, grace in defeat, being sportsman, being a professional on and off the park, not being dirty etc. Having bottle is having the mental strength to not crumble under pressure.

I know some amazing people with the best character you could have but I wouldnt want them in the trenches with me.

He deserves nothing? Absolute shite, should have been sold years back but thats the boards fault not his.
So you want to give a perennial loser farewell spot to say goodbye to fans who are glad to see the back of him instead of introducing a youngster? His fault is that he was useless in most high pressure games, especially against the filth, he deserves no accolades.

Energy from the young players is quite something when you've watched the senior pros lumber around the park. Not surprised he didn't get on.
Said the same thing. Was refreshing to see the youngsters running their bollocks off.

These are the guys that should be beefing up the first team squad. Not the dross we currently have who jog around, pass the ball sideways and collect their 30k weekly wage

So you want to give a perennial loser farewell spot to say goodbye to fans who are glad to see the back of him instead of introducing a youngster? His fault is that he was useless in most high pressure games, especially against the filth, he deserves no accolades.
See above, he's not good enough now but gave us some cracking nights. Watched Fraser many times for the B's, hope he gets a run and very much in the mould of Borna (can actually put in a decent cross).

Think post been deleted but jist of it was Borna should have been sold long ago before hit decline, not doing so isn't his fault.

Really couldn’t give a %^*&.

He’s had the benefit of £20,000 a week dropped into his account for %^*& all for the last two years.

I can’t wait to see the back of him, a few SPFL wingers will be a bit gutted.

His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.

What does that say about the manager who started him against the yahoos on Saturday.

Couldn't care less if Borna got on or not, can't wait to see the back of him.

Theres a reason hes run his contract down without a “big move”. Injury prone, heart of a mouse and the Croatia caps say more about Croatias strength in that area than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back