Barisic not getting a run out

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lap of the park is all that’s needed, Fraser being on the park is more beneficial to Rangers than Borna, common sense prevailed.

Correct.

Poor Borna. We just ignore the countless times he melted down, had a terrible attitude, claimed an injury with a penalty shoot out on the horizon just to give him a two minute run out when it suited him.

Enjoy Turkey mate.
Agreed.

See Yugoslavia?

Basically, it was Serbs and shite.

I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.
The manager was looking to the future rather than the past. A bit of the professionalism we've been lacking and hopefully we'll see more of it. Barisic was on the bench, so had the opportunity to walk round with the rest of the players at full time.

Borna has been a good signing on the whole but let himself down massively in the last few months imo. I know he’s always struggled on Killie’s pitch but it didn’t even look like he’d prepared himself properly for that match.

Two ways to look at it.
A good decision as there is no room for sentiment and he has made plenty from us. Strong gaffer looking to the future.

Or

A sad way to treat a player who has given us many good times and will always be remembered for his contribution to 55.
Surely one final goodbye, even for two minutes, would have been a bit of managerial class.

Personally I would go option 2.

Two ways to look at it.
A good decision as there is no room for sentiment and he has made plenty from us. Strong gaffer looking to the future.

Or

A sad way to treat a player who has given us many good times and will always be remembered for his contribution to 55.
Surely one final goodbye, even for two minutes, would have been a bit of managerial class.

What good times? He’s been here for 6 years and helped deliver one solitary league title. His poor games far outweigh his good.

He’s an average player in a very poor era for Rangers, not Richard Gough or Ally McCoist.

Two ways to look at it.

Or

There's that class word again. So what you're saying is Clement, own our gaffer, lacks class?

I’m still surprised at the amount of soppy romanticism left in our support for the old guard in our squad.

They’ve let us down on so many occasions and, in the most part, and certainly in recent years, have not been worthy of the badge. Not even close.

They can fu*k off now. I wish them no ill will, but fu*k any fanfare. We reserve that for winners.

I’m still surprised at the amount of soppy romanticism left in our support for the old guard in our squad.

They’ve let us down on so many occasions and, in the most part, and certainly in recent years, have not been worthy of the badge. Not even close.

They can fu*k off now. I wish them no ill will, but fu*k any fanfare. We reserve that for winners.
Nail on the head for me.

Young lad Fraser stating he’s over 10 year at club performing as he did and looking like he’s leaving that was class act from the manager to give the lad a debut before leaving
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, the young boy Fraser is leaving?

This, in buckets.

If he's not playing well he shouldnt get picked. No time for sentiment nonsense.

If you are leaving don't play them.

I loved it when we signed him as I thought this guy could be as good as numan,and he did start well then after two seasons he fell apart his confidence and his bravery were non existent I don’t wish borna any ill will but he simply cannot be trusted to play for us anymore and that’s a big shame on his part.

The lad Fraser getting a run out might give him food for thought and he'll want to stay. If not, it shows other young players that they will be involved.

Two ways to look at it.

Or

I’m not massively down on Borna the way some are, but this is mental to me.

It is a decent player ending a decent length of stay with us. He’s not a legend or a long-serving player. Players move on, let him go. It doesn’t need fanfare.

The lad Fraser getting a run out might give him food for thought and he'll want to stay. If not, it shows other young players that they will be involved.
You may be right mate, but I think these young lads getting a run out is just a token gesture at the end of the season in dead rubber games. We see it every year and then the following season they are nowhere to be seen.

It’s extremely bizarre to be honest, and just shows where we are as a club and support.

Someone above referring to Borna as a player that has “given as many good times”.

Him and the rest of the so called leadership group have been mainstays during the most successful period in the history of Scottish football achieved by our rivals, and for the most part have been our rivals bitch in head to head games through the period they’ve been here.

The old guards time at Rangers is generally marred with absolute failure, (not good times) and the misty eyed sentimentality towards them all is just weird.

Get them all moved on so that we can try and get back to winning league titles again.

His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.

Don't ever want to see some of these guy play again but if it means giving other a chance to recover for the cup final then I'm all for it.

If Ridvan is fit for the final and plays-which is both probable and popular then the chances are in the intensity of that match that Barasic will come on later in the match.

His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.
Massive statement to be quite honest...

Probably the biggest thing he will do in his career

I’m not massively down on Borna the way some are, but this is mental to me.

It is a decent player ending a decent length of stay with us. He’s not a legend or a long-serving player. Players move on, let him go. It doesn’t need fanfare.
There's loads of us that don't like Bobby Williamson, because as the manager of another team didn't bring on Soops at Ibrox.

We never really found out what happened with him a couple of years ago where he was in years after an Old Firm game. There was also a January transfer window where he said "I'll speak more in February".

He could have walked onto the pitch after the game and said his goodbyes

Albertz and Tugay did it

I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.

I genuinely dont get this lacked of bit of class slant.

For one thing he has alledgedly signed or another club, therefore he should be away from the club. Adios or %^*& off or gtf. He won't care his money will be in the bank.

Add in some truly abysmal performances, becoming more and more the norm and you want to give him cheery byes?

Rangers first .

Players can walk the pitch another time if they really feel they merit a send off . From today’s presser it seemed clear to me Phil felt no inclination nor obligation to laud a certain striker who is OoC and to me that seems right .

I’m sure PC is well aware of the ones who have given it there all he is a fair man and will offer those he deems deserving something . The others ? Afraid it was purely contractual .

Today we have just had a genuine insight into how he sees this squad . He is in no mood to fake complements

That reads as somewhat coarse but alas it is correct I really get why you post that RD11.

I have no doubt a fair number of this lot have been taking the piss out of this club and not only the current manager but previous regimes too .

The other part to this for those that will survive they need to know the message on what our standards are and that they will be next if they don’t meet those .

There's loads of us that don't like Bobby Williamson, because as the manager of another team didn't bring on Soops at Ibrox.
We wanted to see him because he was a legend to us and was with us for years. Williamson did the right thing for Killie and Ally’s contribution to Killie.

I genuinely dont get this lacked of bit of class slant.

For one thing he has alledgedly signed or another club, therefore he should be away from the club. Adios or %^*& off or gtf. He won't care his money will be in the bank.

Add in some truly abysmal performances, becoming more and more the norm and you want to give him cheery byes?

I get it, most people have disagreed with me on it. Perhaps "lack of class" wasn't the right wording. I just put myself in his shoes - I'd be a bit gutted I reckon.

Wasn't offered a contract and decided to get away. He wasn't committed but I suppose that he didn't want injured. Still, he goes with my best wishes.

I get it, most people have disagreed with me on it. Perhaps "lack of class" wasn't the right wording. I just put myself in his shoes - I'd be a bit gutted I reckon.

You have your opinion and have stuck by it. Fair enough.

I just don't think we should be mollycoddling habitual losers. And I'm not singling Barisic out here.

If he had, had a star studded career, helping us to umpteen honours I get your sentiments. The way this season has fizzled out has me on seethe+.

If that makes me a bad supporter, then that's what I am.

Like many others, there's a breaking point. That breaking point has been crossed. There is simply no belief or trust in this squad anymore and it needs obliterated in the summer.

The Serbs were murderous bastards that slaughtered many Croatians and Bosnians.

Apart from that you have a point.

I think you'll find the Croats during WW2 beat the Serbs hands down in the murderous bastards stakes.

In April - Jun in either 41 or 42 (can't remember which) they slaughtered 120,000 Serb, men, women and children.

In terms of timescale and per head of poulation, it was thought to be the worst religious slaughter of the 20th century.

We wanted to see him because he was a legend to us and was with us for years. Williamson did the right thing for Killie and Ally’s contribution to Killie.
Oh I agree, it's just hypocrital though.
I think you'll find the Croats during WW2 beat the Serbs hands down in the murderous bastards stakes.

In April - Jun in either 41 or 42 (can't remember which) they slaughtered 120,000 Serb, men, women and children.

In terms of timescale and per head of poulation, it was thought to be the worst religious slaughter of the 20th century.
That makes it ok then the mid 90s aye?

If Ridvan is fit for the final and plays-which is both probable and popular then the chances are in the intensity of that match that Barasic will come on later in the match.

200w.gif

You have your opinion and have stuck by it. Fair enough.

I just don't think we should be mollycoddling habitual losers. And I'm not singling Barisic out here.

If he had, had a star studded career, helping us to umpteen honours I get your sentiments. The way this season has fizzled out has me on seethe+.

If that makes me a bad supporter, then that's what I am.

Like many others, there's a breaking point. That breaking point has been crossed. There is simply no belief or trust in this squad anymore and it needs obliterated in the summer.

I agree we need a clear out and an upgrade in quality of players, all the team from 55 go with my best wishes though. For all their flaws (which they have many) I honestly don’t think lack of effort was one. Most of them just simply aren’t good enough. But no matter that, they did provide us with that title, and it was a big one. And that should’ve been the end for a lot of them, but the club stood still.

I don’t think it makes anyone a bad supporter to want change - pretty sure we all do!

Good riddance.. says it all when he will be remembered for dreadful performances at chamber of secrets.

There was a time when he was a major threat from the left but in recent two seasons he's been a shadow of that. To be honest Phil is well paid to make the decision and if that's what he's decided its fine with me.

I agree with the earlier statement about letting players say goodbye when we're still trying to win things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back