Bayer Leverkusen on course for a season where they don’t lose a single game?

I watched their games v Qarabag and they were very, very, very lucky not to lose this record in the away tie. Schick rescued them and then again at home they were 0-2 down and managed to come back and win against 10 men. They're having a weird, Leicester City type season. Their squad is almost identical to the last few years with no standout, though Florian Wirtz has continued his development and must be one of the best young players in the world now.

In fairness I think Qarabag were lucky not to be down to 9 men in the 2nd leg but aye, strange tie overall. Everything thought Leverkusen would sail through it.

They ain't played anyone decent in Europe yet have they - Hacken, Molde and Qarabag (4 times). Bit harsh but Bundesliga is pretty weak this season as well and in the Cup they've only met Stuttgart from the Bundesliga. Know you can only beat what is in front of you but if they win Europa League they'll need to beat far better than what they already have this season with the exception of Bayern.

In fairness I think Qarabag were lucky not to be down to 9 men in the 2nd leg but aye, strange tie overall. Everything thought Leverkusen would sail through it.
These teams are always dangerous because they always have a bit of the unknown around them

Qarabag had a boy who was at Hibs the year after we got put down the divisions :))

Poor Harry :D
The ‘Poor Harry, he’s just so unlucky’ mantra was getting on my tits tbh! Leverkusen wouldn’t have all but pulled away if poor Harry hadn’t missed a bunch sitters in games where they dropped points and Leverkusen did basically pull away.

Although lucky for Harry it means the pressures now off which means he can treat each game like his spurs days where pressure and mental strength don’t come into it.

Hopefully Alonso stays for a CL campaign rather than the Munich and Liverpool jobs.
Be good to see him have a campaign at the top table of Europe with his players, another good season and then it's Real Madrid who will covet him also

Yet to lose in the league, into the German semi finals against three lower league sides and have West Ham to play in the Europa quarters.

Given they haven’t won a trophy since 1993 it would be a remarkable achievement if they manage to land the treble and go an entire season not losing a single game of football.

Would it be the first time a team has ever achieved this? I certainly can’t think of any?
Celtic won an invincible treble but that’s when we were shite so it doesn’t count.

Back