Ben Davies

Davie Weir

Just back in from the game and haven’t seen a thread on the substitution.

Was Balogun off injured/rested or a tactical change?

Thought Ben Davies did really well when he came on. Especially when you consider how long it is since he last played. The team is far more balanced with a natural left footed center half paired with a right footer.

Thought he looked to drive us forward at times and was more positive with his passing. Dealt with the physicality of the Killie strikers quite well.

Buzzing to see him get a goal to top it off!

Last edited:

Thought Ben Davies did really well when he came on. Especially when you consider how long it is since he last played. The team is far more balanced with a natural left footed center half paired with a right footer.

Thought he looked to drive us forward at times and was more positive with his passing. Dealt with the physicality of the Killie strikers quite well.

Buzzing to see him get a goal to top it off! His first Rangers goal iirc?
Who got the goal against Betis? He and Sima were claiming it at the time, I always thought it was given to Davies

Nice to see him actually earning some of his wages for a change!!
It was always a certainty that big Leon was never going to be able to play four or five games on the bounce.
I suspect Ben Davies may be making a few appearances in the run in.
For him playing actual games will probably be an unwanted distraction from his otherwise blissful routine!!

Davies done well when he came on and he’s not as bad a player as is made out on here.
He’s been made out to be bang average because he earns 25k a week and doesn’t play he weak but is comfortable with the ball at his feet god knows how we get rid of him on those wages

Davies got on and scored a goal, which I’m obviously grateful for.

On that basis, given his history for us in his proper position, do I think he’s anything else than backup?

No

Thought he was brought on to stop Vassell winning all the kick outs.
Succeeding

I thought we looked better when he came on and I like Balogun

It’s another area of the park we need to overhaul in the summer

To be honest, Davies, Souttar and Balogun all give me a bit of the fear heading into next week

We are where we are I suppose

Davies got on and scored a goal, which I’m obviously grateful for.

On that basis, given his history for us in his proper position, do I think he’s anything else than backup?

No
Correct.

The amnesia that people have developed because he didn’t do anything wrong against 10 man Kilmarnock at Ibrox for 45 minutes is incredible.

There’s a reason he’s behind 35 year old Leon Balogun in the pecking order and we’ve not been able to find a club to buy him for multiple windows.

Correct.

The amnesia that people have developed because he didn’t do anything wrong against 10 man Kilmarnock at Ibrox for 45 minutes is incredible.

There’s a reason he’s behind 35 year old Leon Balogun in the pecking order and we’ve not been able to find a club to buy him for multiple windows.
What’s this based on?

I’ve seen people praise his performance, that’s it.

Not a fan of Davies tbh. He’s ok on the ball but he’s soft and switches off at important moments. He had an absolute mare at Parkheid before as well.

He’s been made out to be bang average because he earns 25k a week and doesn’t play he weak but is comfortable with the ball at his feet god knows how we get rid of him on those wages
That is the problem, we don’t get rid of him.
He’s been sitting on his backside
taking his wages, going into a fantastic training centre every day where his every need is looked after and his family are fully settled and loving Scotland.
Ben Davies is staying at Rangers until the very last day of his contract. He is going nowhere even on loan as he doesn’t want to and nobody can force him to do so,

It’s another area of the park we need to overhaul in the summer

To be honest, Davies, Souttar and Balogun all give me a bit of the fear heading into next week

We are where we are I suppose
I like big Balogun but heading to Parkhead with him and Souttar as our pairing, that does give me the fear.

Nice to see him actually earning some of his wages for a change!!
It was always a certainty that big Leon was never going to be able to play four or five games on the bounce.
I suspect Ben Davies may be making a few appearances in the run in.
For him playing actual games will probably be an unwanted distraction from his otherwise blissful routine!!
I think Ben Davies will be odds on at The Piggery despite his previous mare there.
Balogun not having an injury after playing a few games was always unlikely and a quick recovery no matter how slight is publicly stated is in the same category.

I suppose we should be thankful Souttar has lasted as he is another with previous injury syndrome.

He plays better against the more technical players IMO and struggles against big physical strikers. Think next week we would be better man marking Kyogo instead of passing him on between our centre backs, and Davies may be the man to do it. And I'm not a fan of Davies.

Agree, I also loved his team mates response to his goal, they were all genuinely pleased for him. He must be a very decent team mate.

He may be just about to get presented with the rare opportunity to become a Rangers legend over the space of a few games, I hope the big man goes for it if he gets the chance.

A lot of noise around Silvia’s reaction to the fans today.
Now Davies is a player who could be forgiven for a big reaction to the level of criticism he has had from the stands and online. He didn’t, he scored, celebrated with his team mates and the fans and then got on with it. I like that!

Usually when we win and certain players that did ok then are lauded and aint that bad.

Lawrence and Davies are not good enough and are not consistent .

They wont last a season playing on a regular basis.

Played well when he came on.

Especially given that Killie targeted him with high balls from their keeper every time they had the opportunity.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the filth start with that lad they’ve got on loan from Norwich against him though.

That is the problem, we don’t get rid of him.
He’s been sitting on his backside
taking his wages, going into a fantastic training centre every day where his every need is looked after and his family are fully settled and loving Scotland.
Ben Davies is staying at Rangers until the very last day of his contract. He is going nowhere even on loan as he doesn’t want to and nobody can force him to do so,
Truth or an assumption from you?

Impressive performance today especially after not getting a game for so long. Good to get him back in to offset our injury issues in central defence.

Ragey lol.

Strange behaviour is weird fans thinking they are white knights jumping to defend the indefensible.

he pulls that shit next week lets see if you get all "ragey"
Well played on turning a thread about a defender into a Dessers discussion.
Im out.

Well played on turning a thread about a defender into a Dessers discussion.
Im out.

Off you run, seeing as my OP was about Ben Davies SHOWING Dessers how to do it.

you then came on crying about it being a dig at Dessers. So you sir, derailed it. Good evening to you.

Correct.

yep spot on mate

Davies done well when he came on and he’s not as bad a player as is made out on here.
Maybe not but his Rangers career should've been over the second he shat himself from a header against fucking Jota and gifted them a goal.

Back