Rijkaard
Neeskens
Gullit
Cruyff
Van Basten
J Rep
Bergkamp

My choice as above

A couple of these guys were before my time, but after watching the Ajax documentary recently their records speak for themselves.

The central defence might be a weak spot…..who would you replace?

Van Nistelrooy was incredible but I'm not if I would put him in the starting XI

Quite incredible the talent the Dutch have had

Frank De Boer would be in before VVD for me,some player in his pomp and a load of caps for Holland,what players in that line up,had always a Dutch strip when I was younger and had the AC Milan home one when VB,Gullit, Rijkaard played for them haha

Find it strange that Seedorf is not there, OP, given he has a humungous medal tally in his career. Four Champions League medals with three different clubs if i recall right?

Always loved Davids as a player but hard to squeeze him in tbf

I've got these Dutch tops in my collection

The 94 one I bought it in Greaves the day after the infamous Graham Taylor game in Rotterdam when Holland beat England 2-0

Euro 96 away jersey

Euro 2000 home which I wore to the Oranje day final v the Sheep

World cup 2006 away jersey

Van Der Sar
Koeman Stam F de Boer
Robben Davids Gullit Seedorf Overmars
Bergkamp Cruyff

Van Basten got to be in there surely?
Every time I went to put him in for one of the others I instantly regretted it. They’ve too many good players (and some that I like eg David’s who could come out but I prefer them)

Surely it’s this:

Waterreus
Ricksen, F de Boer, Konterman, Numan
van Bronkhorst, R de Boer, Huistra
Lammers, Mols, van Vossen

I thought about Snelders up front instead of Lammers but as Lammers is now a Utrecht great he deserves his spot :)
Some team that

Whatever your choice o' players are, Ruud Krol has got to be a certainty for the defence, what a player that guy was, and how easy he made it look. He was the guy who helped take the pressure off at the back and allowed Cruyff, Neeskins, Rep etc. do the business up front.

Neeskins was the perfect midfielder. Hard tackling , ball winner, great passer, who could score goals.

Van der Sar

Suurbier Koeman Rijkaard Krol

Seedorf Neeskens Van Hanegem

Bergkamp Van Basten Cruyff
I think the front three picks itself. Then you have a defence made up of the 88 centre back partnership with the 74 full back / Ajax partnership.

Van der Sar
Stam - Koeman - Van Dijk
Neeskens - Rijkaard - Davids - Krol
Gullit - Van Basten - Cruyff
If including Robben, I'd be tempted to go something like:

Van der Sar
Neeskens - Stam - Van Dijk - Krol
Rijkaard - Davids
Robben - Cruyff - Gullit
Van Basten
Neeskens having played right-back earlier in his career.

Van Hanegem would be the unluckiest not to play there, he was technically brilliant and a big physical unit.

Back