Best goal you've seen live

Richard Gough equaliser in the game against the scum Woods & Butcher sent off we were 2-0 down

For sheer emotion this goal is up their with the best.

Bert Konterman at Hampden was a screamer

Cooper v sheep and v dhims in dryborough cup final are right up there. But my favourite was big DJ in 1970 league cup final

Cooper v them. Dryborough cup final.
Pele scored a similar goal in 1958 World Cup final, but not as good.

Charlie Miller scored a goal for the reserves against Celtic at Ibrox where he zig-zagged the pitch and then slotted the ball under their goalkeeper.

It was the greatest goal I’ve ever seen - you just wouldn’t get a chance to score something like that in senior football.. which made it all the more remarkable.

Charlie Miller scored a goal for the reserves against Celtic at Ibrox where he zig-zagged the pitch and then slotted the ball under their goalkeeper.

It was the greatest goal I’ve ever seen - you just wouldn’t get a chance to score something like that in senior football.. which made it all the more remarkable.

Was that the same game he scored a first half hat-trick?

Finished 4-3.

Was that the same game he scored a first half hat-trick?

Finished 4-3.
Could well have been - must have been around 1993?
Scored at the Broomloan end.

Being able to go to the reserves at Ibrox on a Saturday when the first team was away was a great opportunity to see some of the youngsters at Rangers and other teams.

There was a Rangers v Hibs match around that time where Miller and Kevin Harper were playing and were great. You saw youngsters trying things that you just wouldn’t see in the first team, playing with a bit of naivety at times maybe but really entertaining for it.

Last edited:
Zidane at Hampden in CL final.
Bougherra v Dundee United I was going mental when he scored that.

Essien then Iniesta at Stamford Bridge were both belters. Was at that.

Jelavic and Lovenkrands over head kicks great, Novo at Cup final, Albertz three best goals v Shame Fc in that free kick and the two solo goals, Gazza two v Sheep 8 in a row, Novo cup final, Laudrup selection v sheep, United and Motherwell the pick, Whittaker in Lisbon, Panathenikos goal v us in Athens, Sammy Lee from about 40 yards v City at Maine Road, Dalglish v Spain, De Boer v Killie, Mendez v that lot, Boyd v QOS at Hampden, Barry Ferguson cup final free kick at Hamden, Ian Ferguson rocket in Paisley, Gio in Monaco, Wallace v Dortmund, Bertie v the beasts. Bougherra v United

Loads I've forgotten

Vanoli's finish against Dundee was up there for me, guessing that might be viewed as obscure by some..

I had in my mind it was against Hibs. But it was the Vanoli goal I was going to suggest as well. Like Konterman's at Hampden, it was just so unexpected, as well as being a terrific strike.

Could well have been - must have been around 1993?
Scored at the Broomloan end.

Being able to go tongue reserves at ai rod on a Saturday when the first team was away was a great opportunity to see some of the youngsters at Rangers and other teams.

There was a Rangers v Hibs match around that time where Miller and Kevin Harper were playing and were great. You saw youngsters trying things that you just wouldn’t see in the first team, playing with a bit of naivety at times maybe but really entertaining for it.

Yeah I was at that game and a few others.

I remember a Friday night game vs St Johnstone me and a friend went to. Super Ally was coming back from injury so he played in it too.

Gazza's solo run and finish against Hibs in the game the ref dropped his cards, think it was 96

Mendes at the Piggery was up the top tier that day and could see the corner setup happening he just kept coming up closer and closer then bang. Quite enjoyed Miller's goal against them there in the 3-1 as well on the volley. Jamie Ness in the cup game and Jelavic goal at Sheepland.

Probably Mendes is the favourite out the 4.

Gazza’s header against them in the 2-0 game at Ibrox in 96. Superb teamwork goal & it killed them off as they’d just hit the bar.

some great mentions , I remember this being talked about at the time , some strike

Kanchelskis volley away at Dunfermline

Also when I was a youngster the red star player pancev scoring at Ibrox was one that stuck in my head as great finish

Last edited:
Alex Miller volley v the yahoos at the piggery.
Albertz free kick v the filth at Ibrox
Davie Cooper free kick v Aberdeen
Super overhead league cup final at the crime scene
Negri lob v Dundee Hibernian
Wilkins volley v the emissaries of the devil.

I’ve been so lucky to be in the crowd to witness so many great goals. But that lot up there are amongst the best I’ve seen in the flesh.

Mendes against the filth at the piggery. One of the best Rangers away ends ever that day. Absolutely mauled them are their own midden!

Back