Birmingham City

dunn1872

Official Ticketer
Pushing for a promotion place a few months into the season with John Eustace as their manager. American owners push the trigger button and sack him to bring in Rooney purely because he managed in America and a household name. Rooney is a disaster and wins something like 2 wins in 22 games. Sacked and new manager brought in who doesn't do much better. Relegated today, just after their American owners were promising 60,000 seater stadiums. Owners deserve all they get.

Birmingham have done this before. A few years ago they were doing well under Gary Rowett, in 7th place and pushing for a play-off place when new foreign owners came in. They wanted glamour and a big name. Rowett was binned and Gianfranco Zola replaced him. He was a disaster. Just when they were making progress they sack a manager experienced at that level and appoint the Hollywood guy who was clueless.

Never has one club deserved relegation more for their own rank stupidity. I have a soft spot for them going back to Trever Francis, Kenny Burns, Bob Latchford and that paneled blu and white mid 70’s shirt, but I am so glad their owners dumb decision has been suitably rewarded.

Pushing for a promotion place a few months into the season with John Eustace as their manager. American owners push the trigger button and sack him to bring in Rooney purely because he managed in America and a household name. Rooney is a disaster and wins something like 2 wins in 22 games. Sacked and new manager brought in who doesn't do much better. Relegated today, just after their American owners were promising 60,000 seater stadiums. Owners deserve all they get.

Amazing that they've actually done the sack manager that is doing to replace them with a clueless big name twice.

I think they managed to get away with it the season they brought Zola in for Rowett but obviously didn't learn the lesson

The owners a fucking nutcase. A couple of weeks ago he was talking about building the best stadium in the world and hosting Taylor Swift concerts :))

Reactions: TQ3
The owners a fucking nutcase. A couple of weeks ago he was talking about building the best stadium in the world and hosting Taylor Swift concerts :))
I seen him bumping his gums about getting an NFL game played there like Spurs.

Amazing that they've actually done the sack manager that is doing to replace them with a clueless big name twice.
Two different take overs. The first one was an Asian guy who got done for money laundering.

It exposes a complete lack of understanding of the demands of the EFL championship, and that money alone is not enough to guarantee wins in that league.
It takes some time to build the type of structure that is required to have a strong foothold at that level and then clever investment to find your way out of the league into the EPL.
It is made more difficult as you are invariably facing a number of teams that have come down from the EPL and have got good structure and a lot of money.
The achievement of Ipswich is phenomenal.
They finished behind Plymouth in league one last season

A club that has just been relegated to League One and people on here asking if there are any good players for us.

Give me strength. FFS

Haha love to see it, got what they deserved.

Interesting to see what the owners will do now.

I happened upon one of their forums when they sacked Eustace and were linked with Butland. It was obvious nonsense paper talk, but the arrogance spouted by their fans was mental.

Sanderson is a million miles away from being a decent player. Bielik is their best defender and honestly, I think he’d be a good signing for us.

Him aside, Blues are utter dross. They’ve been flirting with relegation for years and this season they haven’t been lucky enough to survive.

I worked with a girl who thought the brummie accent was how everyone sounded back in the day when she was watching Peaky Blinders.
In the interest of balance I should point out that Liberty from Love Island is from Birmingham, and that she is udderly magnificent.

lib.jpg

Back