Official Boxing Day Football

West Ham are struggling big time, won't help that they're missing Zouma and Aguerd.

That said, Arsenal are playing some unreal football. That third goal was a thing of beauty, took me a replay or two to see what he actually did with that turn.

You have to admire how Arsenal stuck by Arteta and believed in what he was doing when they were bottom of the league last season.
Yes and no.

The Arsenal top brass are a lazy lot and have short-changed the fans for a decade, just happy to do enough to keep top-4 or there abouts and profit from their investment.

That’s not taking anything from Arteta at all, he’s kept his head down, worked hard, got the rot out and fostered a great blend of youth and experience - there’s nothing I’d love more in the EPL than for Arsenal and him to do it.

Dunno if the things have changed behind the scenes in the last couple of years, but I’m not aware of any wholesale changes in that respect.

Yes and no.

The Arsenal top brass are a lazy lot and have short-changed the fans for a decade, just happy to do enough to keep top-4 or there abouts and profit from their investment.

That’s not taking anything from Arteta at all, he’s kept his head down, worked hard, got the rot out and fostered a great blend of youth and experience - there’s nothing I’d love more in the EPL than for Arsenal and him to do it.

Dunno if the things have changed behind the scenes in the last couple of years, but I’m not aware of any wholesale changes in that respect.
They definitely have, I don't think the owners got it for a good while but the son of the owner has took a proper hands on role and sanctioned spending and showed proper faith in Arteta and getting the right people in.

Norwich go 1 down at luton
Norwich equalise
Luton get player sent off
Luton win 2-1

Genuinely mistifying how Dean Smith is still in that job

Anyone else cannot understand how that guy Pickford can be #1 for England?
Did you see him at Wolves winning goal today? Making himself as thin as he can; rather than diving to block the ball. Weird.

Back