Boydie's Team Of The Week

I'll take the bait - we did and he wasn't deemed good enough for us

Have we ever bought a young player back who hasn't made our team 1st time around?
Alex Rae.

Halliday and Dorrans were both in our youth system at one point too.

Suppose all those didn't come back 'young' though.

If only we had a player like Mayo eh?
I’m not suggesting he’s what we need as a mainstay in the heart of the defence but I cannot see why he couldn’t be backup to what we currently have, our other youth cannot get near the team and other highly paid superstars are either not deemed good enough, frequently injured or getting on a bit.

Mayo is exactly what we need now. The lack of covering speed at centre back for us is a joke

I’m not sure why everyone thought he was good at the weekend. I saw the last 25 minutes of the game, granted, and Dessers outmuscled him about 4/5 times….. he was lucky not to be sent off or concede a penalty
My thoughts were based on watching the whole game whereby I thought he, along with both keepers, were exceptional in the first half especially. His determination and drive made him a standout for me more so in the Lawrence situation. There was also an element of cynicism in my comment due to Boyd having included him in his team of the year prior to the game, unjustifiably in my opinion, with his performance versus us making me reconsider. I do agree that Dessers came onto a game after his goal and seems to improve when he gets the confidence boost of a goal, but, before that he was the same player that's frustrated for large parts of the season.

Back