Boydie's Team Of The Year

Who was it that got rid of Mayo? Gio or Beale? Looks like a terrible call, impressive every time I've seen him.

Quite like Boydie's team there. Was also impressed with McCowan the other week against us. Thought the big Motherwell lad Bair might be worth a shout up front but hard to argue against his front 3. If it was realistic I'd be begrudgingly giving the sheep a few £m for Miovski but unfortunately it'll be the rats that get him.

These things are a matter of opinion but how Career Vickers is in there given how few games he's played is beyond me
Its a bit early too.

Should Dessers get a double in every game from now on in and fire us to treble glory it could be argued that he's performed better than Shankland.

I think with Mayo playing for Killie is a lot different than playing for us I’d think he’d be similar to King.
If you stick big King in there beside Mayo for Killie I’d bet you’d have one of the best defensive pairings in the league,There’s not much pressure playing for killie Mayo can go out there and play without fans wanting him sold after one bad game.

I think with Mayo playing for Killie is a lot different than playing for us I’d think he’d be similar to King.
If you stick big King in there beside Mayo for Killie I’d bet you’d have one of the best defensive pairings in the league,There’s not much pressure playing for killie Mayo can go out there and play without fans wanting him sold after one bad game.
Another bad decision by the club

Lewis Mayo in the team.

He’s expected to be Kilmarnock’s POTY I’m led to believe too.

How we let him go for the rumoured 100k is just beyond me.

Also against them he regularly has had Maeda in his pocket.

Had his chance at us and obviously wasn’t good enough. Strutting out for killie with no expectation is very different to making it at rangers. I wish the boy well and hope he has a great career

Another bad decision by the club
I don’t think it was necessarily a bad decision. There won’t be many young players if any that make it into our first team and hold down a regular place the pressure is just to much to perform straight away and on a consistent basis.
You’d have to be very special to make it I reckon. Mayo, King, McCrorie even as far back as Bates all very similar players never made it and all at similar levels.

He will develop much better at Killie away from the spotlight. Who knows, we might see him back one day.

If he gets into the national team set-up, and has another commanding season next year, it may be that a £2m bid in a season or two could get him.

Whilst we may see that as wasted money, we'd also be able to look at it as a development fee for a home grown player (100 weeks away at 2k a week already means we'd have saved 200k in wages by the time he might come back).

Don;t see the fuss about Mayo.

Playing for Killie is very different to playing for us, and the pressure that bring.

He will develop much better at Killie away from the spotlight. Who knows, we might see him back one day.

If he gets into the national team set-up, and has another commanding season next year, it may be that a £2m bid in a season or two could get him.

Whilst we may see that as wasted money, we'd also be able to look at it as a development fee for a home grown player (100 weeks away at 2k a week already means we'd have saved 200k in wages by the time he might come back).
I’d love to see us have a couple of players we have brought through the ranks hold down places on our team I just think the way it is now it won’t happen. One mistake and people want them out of the team there’s just too much pressure.

Had his chance at us and obviously wasn’t good enough. Strutting out for killie with no expectation is very different to making it at rangers. I wish the boy well and hope he has a great career
Did he ever get a first team game . I can't recall him ever starting. Its looking more like poor judgement by our Management staff at the time.

The club got an offer and Mayo himself agreed to the move. We weren't going to reject money for someone who wasn't going to just jump into our starting lineup. The boy obviously wanted the chance to get playing elsewhere. His choice.

Lewis Mayo in the team.

He’s expected to be Kilmarnock’s POTY I’m led to believe too.

How we let him go for the rumoured 100k is just beyond me.

Also against them he regularly has had Maeda in his pocket.

You and me both flagged this up when we sold him Grigo.

How some folk on here thought King was a potentially better defender than Mayo was breathtaking.

I don’t think it was necessarily a bad decision. There won’t be many young players if any that make it into our first team and hold down a regular place the pressure is just to much to perform straight away and on a consistent basis.
You’d have to be very special to make it I reckon. Mayo, King, McCrorie even as far back as Bates all very similar players never made it and all at similar levels.

The failure of King is a massive surprise.

Just before his 16th birthday there were EPL clubs sniffing around him and it was seen as a coup that Gerrard got him to sign his first pro contract with us. Think last seasons CL gubbings, esp Liverpool at Ibrox, has knocked all confidence from the lad.

He might have to move on but wherever he goes he will have a decent career.

The failure of King is a massive surprise.

Just before his 16th birthday there were EPL clubs sniffing around him and it was seen as a coup that Gerrard got him to sign his first pro contract with us. Think last seasons CL gubbings, esp Liverpool at Ibrox, has knocked all confidence from the lad.

He might have to move on but wherever he goes he will have a decent career.
I wowing day it’s a failure I think it’s just what happens when a young player is thrown in to our team. Right now and for years it just isn’t the right environment for young players. The pressure to win is just too much look at the players we have just now one week they are amazing the next utter shit and have to go.
If you were a young player coming through the ranks and had that connection with the club your confidence would be shot to shit, one slack pass and the crowd are right on top of you.
Young McCausland to an extent gets it now you read a match thread and there’s negative comments about him when things go wrong, moans and groans when a cross or a pass goes wrong.
These players will have to move on like you say to have a good career which I think they will staying here will just have them disappear from view and appear in some lower league team in years to come.

I wowing day it’s a failure I think it’s just what happens when a young player is thrown in to our team. Right now and for years it just isn’t the right environment for young players. The pressure to win is just too much look at the players we have just now one week they are amazing the next utter shit and have to go.
If you were a young player coming through the ranks and had that connection with the club your confidence would be shot to shit, one slack pass and the crowd are right on top of you.
Young McCausland to an extent gets it now you read a match thread and there’s negative comments about him when things go wrong, moans and groans when a cross or a pass goes wrong.
These players will have to move on like you say to have a good career which I think they will staying here will just have them disappear from view and appear in some lower league team in years to come.

I agree that staying isn't an option, move on and get playing. Mayo is the perfect example, ripping it up at Killie.

I am probably alone but I would love Lowry to stay and get a (final) chance under Clement. The boy has talent and perhaps just needs a tough taskmaster to get him back on track.

I agree that staying isn't an option, move on and get playing. Mayo is the perfect example, ripping it up at Killie.

I am probably alone but I would love Lowry to stay and get a (final) chance under Clement. The boy has talent and perhaps just needs a tough taskmaster to get him back on track.
I’d love the young boys we have brought through but you’ll have peopel along on a minute highlighting how he couldn’t hold a first team place down at hearts and so on.
Our model should just be bring through young players and move them on for decent fees, your not going to make millions maybe around the 1 million if your really really lucky and have sell on fees. Once in a while you’ll have a gem.
I love seeing our young players, Mayo, McCrorie, Bates and so on making a good careers for themselves on the game rather than sit and waste on the bench.

Back