Bradford City attendance- Just under 19,000 in League 2.

RangersUK

Official Ticketer
A guy I know has just shown me his video from recent Bradford City game. Just under 19,000 there.

I never thought that would be the case down in League 2.

Well played if any Bradford fan on here.

Only just missed out on the playoffs didn't they. Ex prem club hopefully they can have a better go at climbing back up the leagues next season.
Quirky ground they've got, proper mix of old school and modern. On my list of grounds to get to for a game next season.

They've got a good ground and a decent fan base. I've been to a few games with a good mate who sometimes has his old man's ticket going spare.

Was actually over at his last weekend and he was saying he hoped they didn't go up in through the playoffs as they'd be sent right back down. Reckons they need to build the squad and try for auto promotion next season. Hope they manage it.

My great auntie was a City fan. My dad wound her up all the time by asking her how Rovers were going? She hated them. I always like to see them win for her. She was a terrific lady. Some accent right enough.

One of my favourites jokes of the late 1980's/early 1990's was that, 'Salman Rushdie had just been made a Director of Bradford City Football Club'

"They are expecting a home crowd of 300,000 on Saturday".

Last edited:
I think bradford have a really affordable pricing ticket policy, which is partly why their crowds are so good. Big city but i dont think theyre historically as big a club as some of the other northern towns with less of a potential fanbase.
Maybe its the stuart mccall thing ( and someone has to post that video of him falling off the car) but ive always found them a likeable club.
Think mccalls dad played with them as well. He was from hamilton i think, my grandad played with the older mccall as a youngster.

That was a great day out.

Ruined only by the 'Roy Hudds' who came onto the park, despite McCall himself asking them not to do so.

Highlight of the trip was: our bus took in a Rugby club in Halifax for a couple of hours before the game, and a couple of strippers were getting it on with each other and there must have been about 50 bears surrounding them doing the bouncy.

So, it spoiled the view somewhat.

19k attendance in a city with a population of over 500k isn’t that impressive. For example that’s only like St Mirren & Dunfermline getting crowds of 2k which they more than double every home game

A guy I know has just shown me his video from recent Bradford City game. Just under 19,000 there.

I never thought that would be the case down in League 2.

Well played if any Bradford fan on here.
They play shite, under achieving football under Alexander too which makes the crowds even more remarkable.

There used to be 2 teams in Bradford, City and Park Avenue. The latter got voted out of the league in the early 70's and went bust not long after. I think I saw one of the football vloggers visit where their stadium was recently and there are still some parts remaining.

There used to be 2 teams in Bradford, City and Park Avenue. The latter got voted out of the league in the early 70's and went bust not long after. I think I saw one of the football vloggers visit where their stadium was recently and there are still some parts remaining.
Park Avenue are still on the go as they reformed. They've just been relegated from the Northern Premier League this season.

I don't think they have been any higher than National League North since they reformed

Back