Brian Laudrup's best game for Rangers

Too many.

But his goal at the by-line against the sheep is vastly overlooked.

Cant find it, but it's on a montage video.somewhere

Reactions: TQ3
Did you know not even God could play on that Raith Rovers pitch? :))

Wasn't he the first player to score 10 in the Sunday Mail star check player ratings ?

I think it was the 4-0 game v Raith in the 95/96 season.

Wasn't he the first player to score 10 in the Sunday Mail star check player ratings ?

I think it was the 4-0 game v Raith in the 95/96 season.

I could be wrong, but I have a vague memory of Paul Sturrock back in the 80s getting a 10 in a game he scored 5.

Always the Hearts Cup final, but I think there was a game when he returned from injury against Raith Rovers at Ibrox and for the 70 mins he was on the pitch he was superb.

Cup final v hearts. Durie got a hat trick yet the game was named the laudrup final that says it all
MCa1Hgk.gif

Far too many games to mention where he was unplayable for opponents.

He was like Copper though. He didn't need to play well but could still have the defining influence on a game.

Or else he could be outstanding in an outstanding team performance and still do something that was on a totally different level.

The 3-1 game against the mentally challengeds at Hampden when they played there for a season.
Had the likes of McStay chasing him just to kick him at one point.
Rounded the keeper to score the 3rd & will always remember the full Rangers end doing the 'we're not worthy' routine.

The 3-1 game against the mentally challengeds at Hampden when they played there for a season.
Had the likes of McStay chasing him just to kick him at one point.
Rounded the keeper to score the 3rd & will always remember the full Rangers end doing the 'we're not worthy' routine.
I used that example of Paul McStay when discussing football with one of them.

It was quite a sensible discussion where we we spoke about the merits of players we had watched.

He mentioned the promising youngster and I said the only abiding memory had of him was trying to kick Laudrup as you mention but missing by yards!

He spat the dummy at this point!

Back