Butland and Tav SPFL POTY interviews

Taverneeeeer

I see on Rangers Review twitter they have posted snippets of both being interviewed. Tav saying he has 2 years left here and plans to stay with phil saying he is a part of his plans. Butland contradicting sterling a bit by saying the belief is 1 million % in the dressing room that they can win the league. Both speak really well. Hopefully both come out smelling of roses come the end of may, both would deserve it.

Butland is an experienced pro in comparison to Sterling and very media savvy.

I’d suggest that Sterling’s appraisal is a bit more honest, truth be told.
Sterling's comments didn't come from nowhere and performances match up with sterlings

Butlands clearly just playing to the media and trying to give belief into the fans.

Both can be correct. Squads are made up of individuals and there isn't a collective belief or view even in the good times.

Some in the squad will be very confident in themselves and the team. Others will be that bit less confident and worry about the negatives.

Management is a psychology game as much as anything these days.

Last edited:
Sterling's was raw, from the heart. I admire the honesty and reality of what he said.

Butland's was from years of media training and guarded comms.

I think both are great guys that I hope we can hold on to and keep them from wanting to head back south.

Last edited:
Both can be correct. Squads are made up of individuals and there isn't a collective belief or view even in the good times.

Some in the squad will be very confident in themselves and the team. Others will be that bit less confident and worry about the negatives.

I think thats where I am with it. I think there are certainly players who believe we will win it. I actually think some of the easy targets will be included in that. This is sterling’s first title fight so i think there’s a chance he mistook, in an innocent and genuine way, they frustration and anger about the 2 terrible games as lack of belief. I suppose we will never know for sure. Hopefully its all academic in a few weeks anyway.

I see on Rangers Review twitter they have posted snippets of both being interviewed. Tav saying he has 2 years left here and plans to stay with phil saying he is a part of his plans. Butland contradicting sterling a bit by saying the belief is 1 million % in the dressing room that they can win the league. Both speak really well. Hopefully both come out smelling of roses come the end of may, both would deserve it.
So Sterling is a bullshitter ?

No offence but I know who I believe. A guy in the door can see things without all the cliques that tav has around him they sure as fuik ain't playing him a team that's 100% committed to the cause Butland has every right to voice his opinion he's kept us in games but in a way its belittling a younger player being honest with the attitude in the dressing room

So Sterling is a bullshitter ?

No offence but I know who I believe. A guy in the door can see things without all the cliques that tav has around him they sure as fuik ain't playing him a team that's 100% committed to the cause Butland has every right to voice his opinion he's kept us in games but in a way its belittling a younger player being honest with the attitude in the dressing room
I havent said Sterling is a bullshitter have I? Butland says they all believe because maybe he thinks they do. Or has spoken to them all since Dundee and perhaps sterling's interview was an emotional knee jerk reaction? He said (paraphrase) 'maybe its like we dont believe' so he was just giving his opinion, not saying what the dressing room is actually saying. Perhaps Butland is coming at it from a place of fact instead. Its certainly not belittling Sterling, who just gave his own possible view. He also said the entire team was together as one, something that has been conveniently forgotten.

From what I saw of Tavs interview he was saying it's not over until it's mathematically impossible. Usual soundbites. He's far too comfortable being second.
I think thats a lazy cliche mate. And, what was he supposed to say? He is absolutely correct. Many of the posters on here chucked it 2 weeks ago and then have the brass neck to call the captain heartless. Its mental.

I havent said Sterling is a bullshitter have I? Butland says they all believe because maybe he thinks they do. Or has spoken to them all since Dundee and perhaps sterling's interview was an emotional knee jerk reaction? He said (paraphrase) 'maybe its like we dont believe' so he was just giving his opinion, not saying what the dressing room is actually saying. Perhaps Butland is coming at it from a place of fact instead. Its certainly not belittling Sterling, who just gave his own possible view. He also said the entire team was together as one, something that has been conveniently forgotten.
What I find a bit funny is sterling when he said that nearly everyone agreed with his honesty not a knee jerk reaction he's a young player yes but never complained about anywhere he's asked to play. Yet soundbites from tav that they will learn from lessons, that game Sunday tav learned fuik all btw
Butland saved up from getting beat
We need to keep winning and get a good bit of luck but let's not pretend everything is rosey behind the scenes

A bit early in the thread for such common sense

What I find a bit funny is sterling when he said that nearly everyone agreed with his honesty not a knee jerk reaction he's a young player yes but never complained about anywhere he's asked to play. Yet soundbites from tav that they will learn from lessons, that game Sunday tav learned fuik all btw
Butland saved up from getting beat
We need to keep winning and get a good bit of luck but let's not pretend everything is rosey behind the scenes
Sterling spoke right after dropped points, thats why I said knee jerk. I would say that Tav is a big reason we won on Sunday given he assisted the winner and blocked one on the line in the last seconds of the game.

So who stands up and gets us over the line
Goldson has admitted that the team shits the bed before,when the pressure is on lundstrum goes a missing
Has he said that though? Or are you taking an interview in which he accurately said 3-0 down vs hibs the way we were playing meant the game was done and then applied it to any pressure game ever?

I seem to remember it was goldson who spoke the passionate words in the tunnel as the team went out to warm up vs liepzig.

Back