Butland, Tavernier, Shankland and O'Riley up for PFA player of the year

Butland will win it.

I think Tav will be second though as it was voted earlier in the season and he was flying at that point.

Should be Butland but i dont expect a fair result so O'Reilly will probably walk away with it.
Hope im wrong though.

Usually I'd be of the mindset that the Celtic player will walk away with it but I think Butland is going to win it this year.

Week in, week out he's been outstanding. The other three have the numbers but not the consistent performance levels of Super Jack.

A lot of Rangers fans are making him out to be something that he isn't.

I wasn't getting carried away when he was playing most weeks a few months ago.

McCausland when he first came into the team was this fearless, direct, pacy and tricky winger who you could understand people getting excited about.

Once he had secured his place in the first team he just started playing everything too safe and all those attributes that made you forgive his complete lack of physical strength or any sort of defensive ability disappeared.

He needs a loan deal to a top six level SPL club and some time in the gym.

McCausland when he first came into the team was this fearless, direct, pacy and tricky winger who you could understand people getting excited about.

Once he had secured his place in the first team he just started playing everything too safe and all those attributes that made you forgive his complete lack of physical strength or any sort of defensive ability disappeared.

For a winger, it's incredible how rarely he actually tries to beat a man.

I agree when he first came into the team, he looked fresh and something a bit different to what we had at the time, but I'm afraid he's gone backwards (literally in many instances!) since then.

Tav: part of a defensive that has conceded the least goals in the league as well as contributing 17 G & 9 A, he has also dropped of recently.

Butland: 18 clean sheets, number of outstanding saves that have won us points this season & only player in our squad that has stayed consistent throughout.

Shankland: scored on the opening day then didn’t score another league goal until 22nd October, has been on fire since.

O’Riley: opposite to LS, he started on fire, scoring/assisting goals for fun, then dropped of turn of the year.

O Reilly was given it back in sept when he played a couple of good games. Barely played a decent game since but it was decided a long time ago

Butland has had a very good season for us and pulled off some very important saves.
As an opponent he has been a hard man to beat.
Shankland has had a good season but the goals have dried up with about one penalty goal since Feb on the league. So that might go against him.
Tavs just broken a British record for scoring but within the context of how he's seen by other players as a defender his consistency , carelessness might let him down.
I dont watch the mhanks so couldn't comment on O Reilly.
I'd like to see Tav getting it personally.

He really wasn't. He was a square peg in a round hole and has been flattering to decieve ever since.

Agree 100% he has become as cautious as the senior players, get him built up a bit and a loan at a club like Motherwell, or Killie (if they get rid of that pitch).

He makes a very valid point.

Some of our "supporters" should pay attention to those who know what a very good footballer looks like.

We do. But that kind of criticism is just mental.

Without the goal ratio of Tav this season, would we be where we are in the league?

I think not.

Hard to tell as I don’t watch 2 of them every week!

Shankland has put up good numbers again, shown up in big moments and been very good anytime I’ve watched him.

Butland has been consistently very good and although his level has dropped a little he’s still making massive saves.

Tav has consistently turned up with the numbers but maybe not the performances in recent weeks.

O’Reilly was flying by all accounts early in the season but not sure how he’s played recently.

Back