Butland, Tavernier, Shankland and O'Riley up for PFA player of the year

Tav: part of a defensive that has conceded the least goals in the league as well as contributing 17 G & 9 A, he has also dropped of recently.

Butland: 18 clean sheets, number of outstanding saves that have won us points this season & only player in our squad that has stayed consistent throughout.

Shankland: scored on the opening day then didn’t score another league goal until 22nd October, has been on fire since.

O’Riley: opposite to LS, he started on fire, scoring/assisting goals for fun, then dropped of turn of the year.
I think he has only scored 3 goals in 2024 or something. Could be wrong but its there or there abouts i think.

Shankland would only be there for his goals other than that he’s shite. O’Reilly I haven’t seen much of but it has to be Tav, his goal scoring alone for a defender has to be worth it alone. He’ll end up top goal scorer in the league I think, only needs 4 to pull level.

Tav for me.

• Haha
Reactions: WLF
We do. But that kind of criticism is just mental.

Without the goal ratio of Tav this season, would we be where we are in the league?

I think not.
He wins us far, far more points than he is culpable for losing.
As long as that continues he should remain in a blue jersey.

It’s just that some people are blinded by what is bordering on hatred.

They remind me exactly of Tims with their perceived injustices.

Every Tav goal/assist is like it never happened, but God forbid when he has a poor game.

They wouldn’t spot a footballer if Messi was playing keepie up in their gardens.

Should be Butland by a mile. Both in terms of consistency but also in terms of the sheer quality he has shown at his best, he has been the Number 1 player in Scotland this season.

Should be Watson for the young player.

Imo it should be Butland or Shankland. Tav's defensive frailties will count against him and O'Riley has gone off the boil since January.

Should be Butland but I'd have Miovski in there ahead of Shankland. Doing it for an abomination of a Sheep team. Shankland's had a lot of good service this season

Should be Butland but I'd have Miovski in there ahead of Shankland. Doing it for an abomination of a Sheep team. Shankland's had a lot of good service this season
I wish we could find a player like that before a decrepit club like the sheep do. He really is a striker who only seems to need one chance to get the ball in the net, and that’s been the case against us and them too for what is a really rancid sheep side.

If Shankland had those stats while playing for us we would be crying out for him to get it.

Statistically he has done really well.

That Aberdeen team have been better against us than Hearts have. Hearts would be shite without Shankland also. He's the difference between them bottom six and miles in third.

I wish we could find a player like that before a decrepit club like the sheep do. He really is a striker who only seems to need one chance to get the ball in the net, and that’s been the case against us and them too for what is a really rancid sheep side.
There has to be more gems in the likes of the Hungarian, Macedonian, Bosnian etc leagues. I'd rather we went that route than the EFL Championship journeymen we've been signing recently.

Shankland has done well but he still has only scored 4 more than our right back and 8 more than a guy who has been slated all season!

Big Jack has been consistent and has won games through clean sheets.

O Riley has been good in some games aye but been missing big time in others.

That’s the most neutral view I can giveB-)

It’s Super Jack or it’s a fix!

Never really sure how these "nominations" work. Same with the Oscars etc. Is the winner already known and they've just told us the top 4 and reveal the winner on the night? Or is this the top 4 and everyone votes again on these 4?

(trying really hard to give a f*ck)

There has to be more gems in the likes of the Hungarian, Macedonian, Bosnian etc leagues. I'd rather we went that route than the EFL Championship journeymen we've been signing recently.
So would I, but we always seem to end up with overpriced championship players who look like they’d be more at home playing for clubs whose only target is a top half finish. I want it to change; but I’ve been saying that for years now.

I’d sign Miovski before Shankland for Rangers if I had the choice but to say he’s had a better season that Shankland is crazy talk. He’s been largely anonymous in many games. Shankland has carried Hearts to be best of the rest.

I believe the SPFL players vote for front 3 are Shankland,Bair and Miovski. Kris Boyd front 3 were Armstrong, Miovski and Shankland.
When was the last time, if ever, no Old Firm strikers in team of the year.

A bit controversial but I think they are all decent choices. I think Shankland and Butland have definitely improved as they got older. I think O’Riley has been good for them based on the transfer fee. Tav for his goals from full back but I think his last few games have been poor.

Back