Butland's booking

I know he won it legally, there should have been no foul at all. But if he has given a foul the whole incident is in question.
I think you are misunderstanding the rules. Look at it another way, say Butland barges into him outside the area while the ball is up the other end of the park, the linesman would flag and St Mirren would get a foul outside our box, the ref would possibly give a yellow and a free kick but it certainly wouldn’t be a red because it wouldn’t be deemed a goal scoring opportunity.

Last edited:
Ridiculous decision quite rightly Tav was over questioning it and trying to prove to the idiot what we all saw was indeed correct unlike the bent bastard as well as his cronies finding 6 minutes of injury time.

This is the second time also under inflated balls are being dispatched to waste time ala Dens Park and not for the first time the last few seasons simply because these cunts play dumb and know they are getting away with it Walsh unlike his mate at Dens eventually took action to remedy this farce .

Cute of Sky TV to keep the camera on a St Mirren player today after Walsh stopped the game to change yet another ball and detract from what he's actually doing .

The amount of coat trailing.pish that prevails and disrupts a match is pathetic and officials to %^*& all to deter it instead tolerate or encourage it .

The guy runs into Butland, should've been our foul but no, he can't miss the chance to give a foul against us in a dangerous position.
It's so obvious what Walsh does during games it's almost laughable.

Funny thing is, a booking is the only decision it couldn't be. Its either not a foul (correct answer) or it's a foul and sending off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity.
The thing is, if he'd issued a straight red would VAR intervene and then the so called foul would have to be rescinded, thus the chance for St.Mirren would be gone.
If this is the case then I'm convinced Walsh knows exactly what he's doing.

Slightly off topic but anyone else noticed Butland dosent seem to be coming and eating up crosses as much as he did in the early part of the season or just me?

It was a foul on Butland ffs, he kicks the ball cleanly and that halfwit hurt himself clattering in to big Jack.

One of the worst decions I've seen in any football match, that wee midgety werdo should be disciplined for that, but will probably get the next OF match as his reward.

It was a foul on Butland ffs, he kicks the ball cleanly and that halfwit hurt himself clattering in to big Jack.

One of the worst decions I've seen in any football match, that wee midgety werdo should be disciplined for that, but will probably get the next OF match as his reward.
That's what it seemed to me, a foul on Butland.

The BBC Sport on line live commentary actually said it was a bad foul by Butland... Stevie Thomson is an absolute disgrace as a co comm. When Silva went down in the box he uttered the words " Ach get up you" inferring he was cheating , he's there to comment on the match as a neutral and not express his bias opinion whether he thinks it was a dive or not . wee Faddy the Paddy is equally guilty of this brhaviour. Silva might have have gone down easily but a commentator shouldn't be saying that . We never ever hear them saying that about Furuhashi when he goes down. Yes , admittedly there have been occasions our players might have gone down rather easily ( Cantwell ) and suffered the criticism for doing so , but Furuhashi and Hatate do it as often , and never get the same treatment.

How on earth can he be deemed to be denying him a clear goal scoring opportunity if he wins the ball first? You are surely at the wind up here?
I'm at the wind up? What are you on about?

I'm clearly speculating about the decision Walsh made. I'm saying the only options Walsh has if he deems it a foul are; clear goal scoring opportunity or endangering an opponent. Both of those are red cards. He never gave a red card he gave a yellow which does a couple of things. A yellow is uncontested and doesn't go to VAR. A red would have gone to VAR and should have been overturned immediately.

My opinion is Butland is two yards quicker to the ball and clears it cleanly., The St Mirren player in my opinion deliberately runs into Butland. Its not a foul to ST Mirren. Nor is it a booking for Butland. If anything its a foul on Butland.

Not for me. Walsh has given a foul for a coming together long after Butland has cleared the ball away. There is no goalscoring opportunity.
I agree with you. In fact I think its a foul on Butland. As I said above I'm speculating on the decision by Walsh and by that metric he got it completely wrong. It looks to me like he wanted to avoid being overturned by VAR.

I'm at the wind up? What are you on about?

I'm clearly speculating about the decision Walsh made. I'm saying the only options Walsh has if he deems it a foul are; clear goal scoring opportunity or endangering an opponent.

Why do you think the referee only has two options? He can give any number of other decisions - a foul and no action, a foul and a yellow card etc.
It’s not a CGSO because the ball is 50 yards up the park by the time contact is made.

What was he to do, not challenge for it? Disgraceful decision.
Clearly an expectation that he was to just disappear so that the St Mirren guy who was a good 4/5 yards away at the time of contact with the ball didn't run into him...

If anything, it's a free kick to Butland...

Why do you think the referee only has two options? He can give any number of other decisions - a foul and no action, a foul and a yellow card etc.
It’s not a CGSO because the ball is 50 yards up the park by the time contact is made.
You're clearly at it. I don't think that at all. I was speculating, guessing, because I have no idea what Walsh was thinking!

I think its a foul on Butland so you're either trolling or arguing a point I'm not making which is a strawman.

Back