Official Cambuslang Rangers 125th anniversary game v Rangers Legends

I was born in Cambuslang,great wee town or village.Played football for Morrison YMCA and Clydesmill [amatuer] before getting a bad knee injury ,which kept me out of the game for two years before I had to do my national service.They cured my knee and I played and ran the Army team I also played in.Came out to Canada in 1959 and played here for many years. I started this note to say, I really enjoy the ladies team and watch them on tv ,my favourite payer plays left half. They appear to be a well run outfit. Long may that continue. I hope they keep on with TV exposure. I am now 88 and still enjoy my football, wish the mens team were as good as the ladies.They will never never be as good looking as the ladies,I thank the lord for that. I will be a Ranger for as long as I live. Sorry for the rambling,sign of age I am afraid.

I was born in Cambuslang,great wee town or village.Played football for Morrison YMCA and Clydesmill [amatuer] before getting a bad knee injury ,which kept me out of the game for two years before I had to do my national service.They cured my knee and I played and ran the Army team I also played in.Came out to Canada in 1959 and played here for many years. I started this note to say, I really enjoy the ladies team and watch them on tv ,my favourite payer plays left half. They appear to be a well run outfit. Long may that continue. I hope they keep on with TV exposure. I am now 88 and still enjoy my football, wish the mens team were as good as the ladies.They will never never be as good looking as the ladies,I thank the lord for that. I will be a Ranger for as long as I live. Sorry for the rambling,sign of age I am afraid.
Brilliant.

At the game too. Hendry 4 looks as though its his last game. Ian Black at no12 quite good at this level.
Which one was Miller?
The best player on the park is no 10 for 'Rangers' who is a Camby player.

Fabulous post.

Beautiful day and only a tenner to get in but Rangers team is a bit light on “Legends” tbf.
The legends are melting away a wee bit as time goes on. Going to be mainly locals now. First few games were full of legends but still a nice wee day and very good for that level. Some Blantyre Vics and Rutherglen Glencairn fans were there too.

The wee sing song at half time with the flute was nice!

Headed over for the game yesterday - my first time in Cambuslang! Was a good afternoon in the sun. Loved the wee 'Ultras' behind the goal with their drum and a single blue flare!

Anyone know who the boy with the long hair was who played left back for us?

Charlie Miller can still ping a ball about. Boy who played 9 for us had a good second half.

Headed over for the game yesterday - my first time in Cambuslang! Was a good afternoon in the sun. Loved the wee 'Ultras' behind the goal with their drum and a single blue flare!

Charlie Miller can still ping a ball about. Boy who played 9 for us had a good second half.
Brian Matthews played left back for Rangers legends

Don’t think Miller was playing

This is the wee Rangers Ultras Remembrance Day display;

Back