Can we finally all agree?

You just love to see the urgency at the end too eh.

Playing it about like they're 3 nil up. Wee dinks here and there with no spark or energy in the pass.

It's genuinely like watching a mid table championship team with no end purpose or fight in them.
Even when they get it in the final third, they fumble about like amateurs and don't help one another.

How could anyone give any of those players pass marks for the last few games?
Off the ball our players seem to be expecting the man in possession to pull off a wonder pass. The man in possession either skites it out the park or plays it behind somebody.

That until we get rid of Goldson, Tav etc. Then things will never change. I know about all the others but for a few seasons now thought until they go, then it will be impossible for the mentality to change.
Said it for ages. Goldson is holding souttar back,causing goals and mayhem by his piss poor play and attitude. Tav can score goals but is an awful defender as well. Never a Rangers captain. Not got the heart. These two and barasic are the constants in two failed managers. All involved in European thrashings and heavy defeats by celtic. Were Gio and beale so bad or was it these players attitudes that dragged everyone down. I'm beginning to wonder. Anyway we need shit of them and a few others if we want to be serious about winning the league.

Midfield and forward players are to blame for tonight's display, no fight in them at all...3 times the ball broke loose in there penalty area and 3 times not one of our forwards or midfield anticipated it, instead standing behind defenders just hoping the ball would break for them ...

Three games to throw it all away.

The thing is the board don't know which way to turn, none of us do. I think stick with Clement, and back him however we can. Massive rebuild, and we're going to lose our most promising, to finance it. Very glum situation.

Meanwhile Paedo FC could-should lose their bundle of cash in payouts, if that happens the playing field could level out.

Goldson and Lundstrum I hate with every ounce of strength in my body. I can't believe we gave a guy nobody else wanted an improved deal. And I have this weird feeling that Lundstrum has already signed a new deal and the club knows that announcing it now is stupid. Tav, tonight I'm done with him and I can't even defend him with my blind faith.
Thankfully, regarding Lundstram, I think it’s the opposite. He’s on such a high wage the club have tried to renew on lower terms and given this would be his final “big deal”, he’s decided to move on and we’re keeping it quiet in some kind of gentlemen’s agreement.

I hope.

Midfield and forward players are to blame for tonight's display, no fight in them at all...3 times the ball broke loose in there penalty area and 3 times not one of our forwards or midfield anticipated it, instead standing behind defenders just hoping the ball would break for them ...
That's it a lot of them seem to play as though they're just expecting the ball to come to them... No running for each other or making things easy for the man on the ball

It's everything. We're rubbish upfront rubbish in midfield and rubbish at the back
Yep. Cant disagree with that.

However we would have a fighting chance in terms of defensive faux pas if we could put the ball in the net.

Relying on Dessers as our main source of goals in Jan was madness. His 'numbers' skewed his real contribution

His contract is running down for this very reason
This player manages to play 4 good games a season, controlling the midfield and occasional goal. He is a dud and along with Tav and Goldson, their input is zero. We should be 5 points clear with 5 games to play, but these 3 senior players have cost us a title. Failure to beat the Tims at home was down to these same players. Perennial failures who should be shown the door.

Goldson, Barasic, and Lundstram should all leave this summer.

Perhaps Tav should be included too, but we need to think long and hard about what we are giving up there. However if he stays we need to recognize he is a defensive liability and take appropriate measures. I would also prefer a stronger personality wear the armband

Possibly not the thread to be level headed on but we cannot get rid of every player as much as we should as we simply don’t have the funds. I fully expect Tav to be here next year

Thats how the manager will see it, We didn't concede and that's their job done.

Then we lose the league and another manager.

I don't want to hear it, even if it means taking a hit in some form. They all need to go.
Thats it mate i think to sort this we might need to give clement the same time we did gerrard. Are the fans willing to accept a 3 year project. Otherwise its sack ckement and replace, 6 month bounce, players collaose repeat

Thats it mate i think to sort this we might need to give clement the same time we did gerrard. Are the fans willing to accept a 3 year project. Otherwise its sack ckement and replace, 6 month bounce, players collaose repeat
I say give Big Phil a couple of years.
I think he has shown enough to earn our trust.
Although recent team selections, subs, interview are giving me some doubts….

There will be people along soon asking how we replace Tavs goals, completely missing the point that relying on your right back scoring 20 goals a season is fundamental to our problems in the 1st place.
Yes. Would be nice if we had a striker that scores goals

We've been agreeing this for couple seasons. Not one manager ripped it up.

Hopefully Clement is the first to realise this.
Is not that manager didn't rip it up its that there wasn't really the investment in the squad that was needed

We needed it after 55 but after qualifying for the cl after seville we had a money we could have got quality players we didn't

We let players run contracts down we took punts on players we spent money on neh when the team needed refreshed massively but with quality.

Do we really think gio knew about lawrence a Derby player and he was one of the better ones.

Wilson signed those players but the board ultimately gave him. Restrictions as well

Where we are is mismanagement from to to bottom in a lot of different areas.
Clement did wonders to get us to where we were 3/4 weeks ago but reality is that they were poor as well

Tavernier is the only one of the 'old guard' who is good enough and can still offer something. Goldson and Lundstram are so hilariously average.

It’s definitely time to move on
You can’t change everything around the same players to find yourself in the exact same position AGAIN

There will be people along soon asking how we replace Tavs goals, completely missing the point that relying on your right back scoring 20 goals a season is fundamental to our problems in the 1st place.
Hit the nail right on the head.
A defender being the teams best attacking option shows a lack of balance in the team.
To further complicate things the teams best attacker is our weakest defender and we’re talking about the same guy.

PC needs to sort this out over the summer.

Goldson and Lundstrum I hate with every ounce of strength in my body. I can't believe we gave a guy nobody else wanted an improved deal. And I have this weird feeling that Lundstrum has already signed a new deal and the club knows that announcing it now is stupid. Tav, tonight I'm done with him and I can't even defend him with my blind faith.
I could not agree more.
I could not believe Jonny Back Pass Lundstram was getting touted for a new deal, he is a slow as a week in BarL but the worst part with this charlatan is his arrogance, strutting about like he is Jude Bellingham. As for the other 2 they should have been chased along time ago.
They were finished after Europa Lgue run 2 years ago.
The pair of them must sit and think, Jesus they haven't sussed us out yet as we are main stays of the team.
I detest the pair of them.

I would give everything to replace his goals with a RB who can defend.
I have said this for years to be told modern defenders attack and create. Yes they do but they can fecking defend as well.
I know we got rid of Nathan P for good money and could not turn it down but as I said when he broke through I would have had in the team well ahead of Tav
Last night for example, Tav was like an old inside right leaving us exposed down his side time and time again. If big Phil cannot see that I begin to worry about him to.

We had a clean sheet tonight so not sure why theres an immediate focus on Tav and Goldson.

Defenders will make mistakes but its our inability to score goals that has fucked us this season.
Clean sheet, I agree but not because Tav and Goldson were outstanding, more like bloody good luck that Dundee's finishing was as bad as ours and Butland had a couple of massive saves at the offside goal.

That until we get rid of Goldson, Tav etc. Then things will never change. I know about all the others but for a few seasons now thought until they go, then it will be impossible for the mentality to change.
All agree ??? Ye C11 let’s all do that for the very first time we can even call it Common Sense too for a bigger laugh .

Let us agree

Goldson,Tav and A new contract Lundstrum will be here next season its a nap.
A trio of losers stuck to us like a serious illness.

Yet it was a complete hide and seek show from our midfield and forwards that cost us tonight. Not Goldson or Tav. The standard of our forward players in particular, is nowhere close to where it needs to be.
The creative parts were really poor v Dundee but it could be argued the really costly one was Dingwall which was an unprofessional collapse of the team organisation which is why PC was so insistent that we had no re-occurrence v ScotFOAM FC . Lot of people seem to be angry about his point but me I would be much more angry if it has been repeated .

The two of them being selected last night again could well cause problems in the dressing room . Players being asked to put in 100% in training ( I know they should anyway ) , and watching the man in your position getting continually worse each week cumulating in the last 3 weeks , and knowing they will be first in the team sheet next game must cause resentment .

Agree with OP but we need to try and maximise sale value from these two

Ther are others who need moved on too

Tav. Goldson. Lawrence. Raskin. Lundstram. Dessers. Barisic.

Few OOC and the others need replaced

Sick of the failures

A must win tonight and that performance was shit. Very few chances and let’s face it we blew it again and this team have too many players who have questionable mentality

Big Phil must see what we see

Tonight it wasn’t really their fault, but they are deep rooted part of the problem.

Clement needs to make big changes or he’ll be another manager the losers will get sacked.

Saying that since the Motherwell game the wheels have came off the bus with Clement, he looks and sounds lost.

Don’t know if anyone noticed near the end of the game when Goldson played a long ball out again for a goal kick the camera was on the manager and you could almost read his thoughts as the look towards where I assume Goldson was standing was palpable.

OP is bang on.

We need to root out the bad eggs in the squad and Tav Goldson are the cause of this. Serial losers and don't have the bottle for a league chase - there is more than sufficient evidence now after 4 good title runs blown by them at the business end. Enough is enough.

I honestly wish we could pin all of our issues on just these two players and that would be it but the club is a shambles in every department.

The yahoos having a serious downturn in form just papered over the problems for most of the season.
They have the advantage of a consistent formation and style of play. We’ve changed managers so often all with different styles.

Unless we get an offer from Saudi then Tav will be here next season . However he should be as back up only the same with Goldson. The manager has had to shuffle around a group of players that are not good enough and. has done reasonably well. The recruitment just has to be right this summer otherwise it will be another shambles of a season .

We've been agreeing this for couple seasons. Not one manager ripped it up.

Hopefully Clement is the first to realise this.
If we have been agreeing this for a couple of seasons, why the hell was CG given a 4 year contract two years ago ?? Crazy !!

Tavernier, Goldson and Lundstram, the “leaders” are the single biggest problem at the football club and have been for years.

100% all three need to be moved on in the summer. Their time is up.

A new defence and captain is required.

Big summer ahead, again.

All day long but still some will argue that they aren’t the problem. I’ve given up arguing with anyone still sticking up for them. There’s just no point.
They seem to be quiet now, no mention of numbers and records psh! A league when there was no crowd, a captain who admitted the crowd affected them,

Posters that fail to even comprehend a future Rangers without James Taverner are immature IMO.

You can acknowledge his contribution whilst also realising the need for a fresh break from this leadership group. Both views don't have to be in opposing camps.

Back