Can you be too old to wear a football shirt?

Can you be too old to wear a football shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 227 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 240 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends on the context. When it's at the football, playing football, on holiday, lounging in the house, absolutely fine for anyone any age. When I see Forty year old guys strutting up and down Buchanan Street in their colours doing their Christmas shopping I want to stab my eyes
This, for me, is the perfect summation.

I wear my tops to the pub at the weekend but I'm living in warmer climes, don't know if I would in Scotland, probably not, I've got 16 Gers shirts a Chelsea and a Dutch shirt. BTW I'm 62.

A simple yes or no.

I realise it is different for me living in England that I can wear one in a pub no problem and live in an area where Newcastle shirts are like a second skin, but I say no.

It gets mentioned a lot in threads on here, so we can finally have a definitive poll.

No. If somebody else doesn't like it, who really gives a fuck?

It's the same with the weirdos that hate people wearing shorts in winter, see thread in the lounge as the perfect example. What does it matter to them, why do they care?

I'm delighted to get the new top again, finally. Aged 45 years.

When my daughter was due to be born,i had 3 smart polo shirts all ready to attend hospital - call me selfish but I wanted my first photo with my first baby to look the part.
However, after one thing or another, and 5 days in a maternity ward and being sent home,I got the call to "move my arse and get here NOW!".
Happens I was in the house wearing my home top.
Got to the hospital and the wee one ultimately arrived and my first pic with her, I had my Gers top on.
Folk in the hospital who didnt know the story probably looked and thought "what a fanny", but that proves that its down to peoples opinions,and i truly could not have cared any less.
Looking back,that pic represents the 3 loves of my life...the wife, the wee one and Rangers. A pic i will always cherish.

A simple yes or no.

I realise it is different for me living in England that I can wear one in a pub no problem and live in an area where Newcastle shirts are like a second skin, but I say no.

It gets mentioned a lot in threads on here, so we can finally have a definitive poll.
16th birthday and it should be over.

More divisive than the EU referendum! lol

I put the same question on my Facebook and it was 10% yes to 90% no. Living in a one team city has a lot to answer for. Although, I reckon Liverpool is the 2nd most represented team when out and about.

Would be a glorious day if everyone turned up at Ibrox wearing a Rangers top, place would be a proper Blue / White / Orange Sea of Ibrox.
I said no to the question but only if worn to the football or sitting about the house.

I wouldn't really bother wearing one popping down for a few in the pub but going to watch a game or on a hot day messing about in the park with my son then yeah why not.
On holiday i don't mind packing a football top as well for during the day either,when you are sweating like feck football tops are quite comfortable. Not to say i would have a football top for every day but no harm in one or two to wear.

Only time I've worn a football top as an adult is to play football, but if others want to wear theirs to the game or on holiday then it's none of my fucking business.

I don’t think I own any colours at all. Jerseys, shorts, polos, scarves, anything.

Personal choice tbh, doesn’t bother me if others do at any age.

Yes if your over 60, fat, bald with loads of tats and big saggy moobs......

Although its probably the least of your worries!

Occasionally wear mine to games but as has been said difficult to hide the paunch with a football top.

It’s easier to get away with a rugby top.

I am astounded that almost 50% think that you can be too old to wear a football top. There is no age at which you shouldn’t wear a top to the match. No-one’s asking you to wear it shopping in Milan.

Completely different. Wearing one to do your shopping or on a flight is odd for an adult to do, IMO.

Depends where you wear it. At the football, playing football, in the house or on holiday is fine regardless of age.

oh really?

1961812.main_image.jpg
You actually searched for that? Or did you have it saved already?

Back