Cantwell (Again)

I don’t rate Cantwell as much as others, but it would be hypocritical of some fans to criticise him for trying ‘off the cuff’ stuff when they criticise players for the safe option.

That said, there has been a couple of times where I’ve had a moan at him for it, but that’s very rare. Ultimately, his best form was a 6 week spell at the end of last season.

I don’t think he scores enough, but he works hard and is decent at carrying the ball. Ultimately, we’re in a situation where he’s deemed our most likely creator from the midfield but I’d say Lawrence is more of a goal threat.

I’d play him off the left on Saturday, or narrow on the right - we need three central midfielders on Saturday.

He's decent enough.

Lacks technical ability which holds him back as a 10 because he struggles a bit with the ball in tight spaces. Also positionally he can be really frustrating.

However he has driven us forward in plenty games this season purely due to his energy & movement. Always trying to make things happen.

My biggest worries are that our midfield balance isn't quite right when playing with a 10 in the 3 especially as he is asked to press with Dessers which leaves a gap in the middle. On the other hand, could argue he'd simply be better with an actual functioning striker & good frontline in front of him

Our best performances of the season (5-0 v Hearts, Betis away) were secured minus Cantwell.
Debatable. Also, we’ve lost to teams other than Celtic 4 times this season. He was injured for 2 and only played 28 mins in 1. So you could just as easily argue we’ve struggled creatively without him. His recent injury was a factor in our losing form in the first place too imo.

Actually he is a problem, this running around aimless with flicks and tricks thinking he is on FIFA isn't good enough.

Today he had Lundstram in acres of space in the 1st half with a direct shot on goal, what did he do? a step over and passed into Silva who was surrounded, chance gone.

his decision making is terrible at lot of the time.
He’s a selfish show pony wasting his talent. Please tell me that wasn’t his baby he carried on to the park pre match?

If we can cash in on Cantwell this summer I would do so - ultimately hasn’t lived up to expectations and we can likely get better/more effective for our money.

He’s got talent but he needs to start showing it more. Often does the hard thing (ie beating a man) and then makes the wrong decision.

When everything clicks and he gets both right he’s an excellent player (see the Hearts semi final). Next week is a good time to show what he can really do in a big game :p

He’s got talent but he needs to start showing it more. Often does the hard thing (ie beating a man) and then makes the wrong decision.

When everything clicks and he gets both right he’s an excellent player (see the Hearts semi final). Next week is a good time to show what he can really do in a big game :p
While he had a great impact in the Hearts game I think it’s been blown out of proportion. He was poor in the first half and much better in the second.

Its now at the point where a good half of football every couple of months keeps people thinking he’s our best player.

While he had a great impact in the Hearts game I think it’s been blown out of proportion. He was poor in the first half and much better in the second.

Its now at the point where a good half of football every couple of months keeps people thinking he’s our best player.
He’s definitely not showed enough to be our best player. I think fans/managers will always accept a player not having a great game but producing brilliant moments like he did against Hearts.

If he did that consistently it would be good. However, he doesn’t and he needs to step up if he wants to be the main man at Rangers.

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
Come back after he wins the treble......

The sight of Tav trying to smooth his ruffled feathers when Cantwell was subbed today, only reinforces the idea that the player shouldn't be in the manager's future plans. It's not enough to devote high energy to a game when, largely, it doesn't serve any particular construct. Running around with flashy boots with the odd pirouette thrown in, doesn't warrant you being on the field for 90 minutes or more. If Todd wants success, I think he'd find it better at English Championship level. You don't have to be humble to be a great player (Baxter), and you can be great and humble too (Greig), but greatness (and the right to remain on the park) isn't conferred - it's earned.
Aye imagine a player being annoyed at being subbed off, madness

Quite a few liked the comment, he's the most creative and talented player we have

Yes, he could be more consistent, but we're lucky to have him
Sorry but you're wrong about us being lucky to have him. Fact is Cantwell is very lucky to be playing for a club as big as Rangers, not one EPL club came in for him as far as can remember, that tells me how much he's rated by clubs in the EPL

Hes a good player and has talent.

The problem is if we move him on and his spell in Scotland is seen as a bit of a failure hes destined for a career in at Championship level

Sorry but you're wrong about us being lucky to have him. Fact is Cantwell is very lucky to be playing for a club as big as Rangers, not one EPL club came in for him as far as can remember, that tells me how much he's rated by clubs in the EPL
Not one player in our team would get a game in the epl except butland

Maybe we need to stop looking at our team as disjointed individuals and batter them together as all for one and one for all?

They need to have fight for each other and especially collectively encourage and help a player who struggles to find their feet!

Defend together forward together up and back fight for every ball! No hiding just breed confidence within and give your all!

It doesn't matter if you are just passing through because football isn't about the money though it helps but to just pass through you walk away empty, empty of what could have been because you will miss that greatest feeling you will have in your life like our team had v Leipzig and Europa cup final these are heights money cannot buy!

Our part as supporters will always be to try and galvanise and help our players cross that line having given and left everything on the park! To let them know if they make a few mistakes it's ok so long as they make amends by fighting for everything and turn bad form and mistakes into an afterthought and go and grab that personal glory for themselves, for their team mates and for us!

We know next week it is

(Celtic) The Rings FC and match officials v The Rangers

If I could I would tell them to grab back what we had our hands on and to want it more than anyone else the time is now go get our Title get out there and win every challenge and put them down!

The time has come to show our worth collectively, together and as one so smash them and smash them again and again into submission and leave nothing no crumbs for match officials go prove this as your time and our time, it is

ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE

If you are going this season go with your head's held fecking high take a memory that you will gain pleasure for the rest of your lives give all you got and you can go as WINNERS!

====≠===

Ok can we get behind them now? Let them know we are behind them by every means possible and God willing they will rise to the challenge?

Maybe so but if those clubs didn't have the money they get then there is a good some would have been in for him again it's all it's and buts?

Heard yesterday he's off back to Norwich at end of season. Should've done better than he has this season so personally I wouldn't be too bothered if he goes.

“A bird can’t fly in a cage”

The lyrics he’s just posted on his Instagram story. Might mean nothing but people will certainly read into it :D

The lyrics he’s just posted on his Instagram story. Might mean nothing but people will certainly read into it :D

Whether there’s anything in it or not, he knows exactly what he’s doing posting it.

I’m far too old and staunch to be able to stomach this childish, attention seeking shite.

Get him tae %^*&:)

Maybe so but if those clubs didn't have the money they get then there is a good some would have been in for him again it's all it's and buts?
If Cantwell was good enough to play consistently in the EPL he would be there, irrespective of how much money is available to a club.

Feels he's not able to be free under Clement ??

Regardless of what is said in public I still don't think these two see eye to eye.

As I've said previously, I do think Cantwell will look to move back south in the summer. I think he's had enough of Scotland.

Jesus Christ mate, in what way have you been put in a cage?

You had until the fúcking 68th minute against Kilmarnock to show what you can do. You didn't do enough.

But you feel "caged" because you didn't get to play for the final 22 minutes?

Or you feel caged because you were asked to work hard for the team defensively and didn't have absolute free reign to fúck about as a creative player?

Pack it in. Honestly, just pack it in and do as our manager instructs.

From Silva's "celebration" to this pish, the primadonnas in our side are doing my head in.

Maybe he'll be happy when he can reunite with Michael Beale at whatever League 1 side he turns up at next.

I'm sure the pressure won't be as intense there and he'll get more freedom to go and fanny about in the final third without actually creating or finishing nearly enough chances.

But at least then he won't be CAGED.

I think the OP is a tad unfair on Cantwell. He’s a flashy player, or at least was at one point in his younger days but he’s now, what, 25/26? He’s just became a father and he lives and works in a fucking goldfish bowl of a city and a Shitey nationalist hellhole in Glasgow. He’s got to balance all of this with somehow being and maintaining some sort the flashy superstar player he was made out to be in England when he burst onto the scene. He’s got to try and rekindle that spark, and he’s got to keep his emotions in check up here too, because Glasgow can’t be the easiest place to ply your trade.

Cantwell is a good player who needs love and the arm put round him, and he needs to be able to be free to do as he pleases and he is good enough to be allowed to do that. Yes, he has to contribute more and does flatter to deceive, but he is more than good enough to show us all what he’s made of. If he wants a move back down south to the big boys league or even stay up here and win, he does need to do more but he’s definitely good enough to achieve it.

He can make a cracking start on it beginning next weekend when he helps out with the team, Maybe even he could have a wee bit of fun himself at the tinks expense?
Fuckk me mate give Bob Geldof a call and see if he can arrange a charity gig for him…

For me Cantwell plays in a front three not a midfield three which invariably mean he plays RHS.

Lawrence should not start on Saturday

Back