Cantwell (Again)

Our support is so toxic at times.

I’ve barely scanned the thread and theres posters giving him abuse for:

1. Tav talking to him as he goes off
2. His boots
3. Carrying a baby out prematch
4. A post made on social media with no context or any idea if its even about football
5. His facial hair

Full grown men, absolute roasters.

This is why you need to be mentally strong to play for Rangers, not because of the demands - but to tolerate the absolute smooth-brains in our support.

Last edited:
Always been of the opinion that he's a very talented footballer who would benefit from having a couple quality players around him, particularly in front of him.

Still hold that view but can't deny he's out of form.

Still miles ahead of Lawrence though who makes Lundstram looks like Usain Bolt.

2. His boots
4. A post made on social media with no context or any idea if its even about football

This is why you need to be mentally strong to play for Rangers, not because of the demands - but to tolerate the absolute smooth-brains in our support.
I find it sad how so many of our "support" turn on our own.

If Cantwell was good enough to play consistently in the EPL he would be there, irrespective of how much money is available to a club.
There are many players in clubs whose form consistently goes up and down so why would it be ok for them that they are seen as good enough and not this lad?

If he’s in a huff about coming off then so be it. No issue with that at all.

Posting cryptic instagram stories is beyond cringe though. Proper wee guy behaviour.

Not getting the shouts for Lawrence

He scored against a knackered 10 man Killie team who were wide open by that point. Nice finish but we already knew he had good technique

The reason he doesn't play is because he has no energy. He's looked slow, cumbersome and weak every time he's started. Offers nothing in a battle. If he starts it's basically Kranjcar part 2

Bit of an odd take on one of our best players I don't get the reaction Cantwell gets when he isn't 9/10. I think it must be the fact he is highly rated fans overreact at anything that isn't perfect...
Puts lots into a game I'm glad the manager is managing his minutes and I'm glad Cantwell doesn't like it.

“A bird can’t fly in a cage”

The lyrics he’s just posted on his Instagram story. Might mean nothing but people will certainly read into it :D
80a84243-2aa5-402b-ac1f-0d623e088823_text.gif

Not getting the shouts for Lawrence

He scored against a knackered 10 man Killie team who were wide open by that point. Nice finish but we already knew he had good technique

The reason he doesn't play is because he has no energy. He's looked slow, cumbersome and weak every time he's started. Offers nothing in a battle. If he starts it's basically Kranjcar part 2
Feck having you as my manager. :D

I like cantwell and think he is a player but he needs to produce the goods more often
Too inconsistent and just doesn't create or score enough unfortunately that's the issue and it's a recurring theme for many of our attacking players over the last few seasons and it's generally what ultimately costs us.

Koppen needs to find clinical forwards and wide players who can chip in regularly over the course of a season.

Bringing the baby on when the players were about to shake hands was wrong. It’s his place of work and he should be totally focused on the team and his performance. Plenty of time for parading the baby after the game. Surprised Clement allowed it.

I would expect he will be on an incredibly healthy wage to us which means he is a far greater problem than some want to let on, he performs better than Scott Wright, but he is supposed to do that he is paid to do that he is paid to be a top performer and he isn't that.

He's not been a good signing for us, he's been terrible in big games.

For all it irks with some, he does have an element of the show reel player to him rather than really imposing his talent on a game and influencing it often

It is easy to see why he has been so overlooked in England

Bringing the baby on when the players were about to shake hands was wrong. It’s his place of work and he should be totally focused on the team and his performance. Plenty of time for parading the baby after the game. Surprised Clement allowed it.
Hardly parading ffs!

He walked out with his kid instead of another mascot. Not sure if the other players did the same but it was hardly a big deal.

Of all the things to get annoyed about Cantwell at this is not one.

Jack Butland also had his 2 boys with him when he walked out. It was the last home game of the season that wasn't a late KO so made sense if they wanted their kids to be mascots.

I don't see what the issue is. It's not parading a baby.

Hes been a good signing but even quality players need their teammates to step up, which too many have failed to do.

In games he gets too easily caught up in nonsense with opponents and officials, you cant help but think this happens when Rangers ultimately fail to control games and frustration overclouds common sense with the likes of Cantwell.

The 'cryptic' posting on social media is tiresome though. Its time to do something that will get people talking about his Football again and not pointless distractions.

2. His boots
5. His facial hair

I honestly think (hope!) a large portion of them are well-poisoning bheasts.
Thats not to excuse the roasters, I just feel like there has to be a smattering of the flat earthers involved.

Lol can't explain? Do you watch Rangers if you do then you'd not be posting this nonsense,stop listening to Sutton and co.
I don't listen to Sutton or Co, but if people think Todd Cantwell is the standard Rangers should be aiming for then we should throw the towel in.
A bang average player with virtually no end product.
I hope I'm right that Big Phil doesn't fancy him and he'll be going in the summer.

According to Tom the Comm on RangersTV several of the players had their kids on - not just Cantwell. Presumably because our last Home match is a midweek game. Don't see it as a big deal.

a few players had their children on the field you nutcase, how is it any different to any regular mascot?

According to Tom the Comm on RangersTV several of the players had their kids on - not just Cantwell. Presumably because our last Home match is a midweek game. Don't see it as a big deal.
It’s not, but as you know we have some right torn faced buggers in our support who will moan about absolutely everything.

a few players had their children on the field you nutcase, how is it any different to any regular mascot?
Because I think bringing a baby a matter of months old into a noisy stadium is ill advised - and the fact I’ve rarely seen it is testament that many supporters who are also parents, feel the same. There’s a difference between young children on the park and a young baby in my opinion.

That's simply a massive overreaction.

Because I think bringing a baby a matter of months old into a noisy stadium is ill advised - and the fact I’ve rarely seen it is testament that many supporters who are also parents, feel the same. There’s a difference between young children on the park and a young baby in my opinion.
Is that your call? Are we angry at how that affects his football or his parenting skills? You said it's wrong he should focus on his football, how does that show that he's not?

Confused as to the relevance. Absolutely mind numbing.

Mum's net alert.

Back