Captain next season

Because he is an asset and won't be leaving for zero. Itsvthat simple.
In pure accounting terms he (like every football player) is both an asset and a liability.
A) An Asset in terms of what he is worth to the club less depreciation over the duration of his contract.
B) Liability in terms of wages due, expenses and bonuses.

If A is greater than B in the eyes of the club and Clement then he stays. The difference between A and B is the transfer fee we will look for - that could be 0!

Personally I'd like to see Butland be Captain next season, if he's not sold for rebuild money. Out with that I'm not sure who be captain unless club bring in one worthy during summer. But has to be one constantly representing club with heart on his sleeve.
It will be Tav.

A new centre back or central midfielder please.

Only ones at the club I’d give it to would be Butland, who’ll be away, or Sterling if he got a permanent position in midfield.
I like the idea of Sterling. He gives a %^*&, gets wired in and isn't scared to call out cowardly behaviour. We need a war time leader. I love Tav, but if his staying means he stays captain then we've a problem brewing.........again.

We 100% need a new captain. Even if JT stays, he needs relieved of this duty! Fresh start. New infield leader appointed by the manager. Tav, great servant, good goal scorer, crap defender, meh captain. Not clear to me what he brings as a motivational leader on the pitch.

Tav won’t be stripped of the captaincy. It simply will not happen, and in my opinion it shouldn’t anyway.

Totally agree that we need more leaders but they have to be high quality players. A lot of our shortcomings can be attributed to having to play players like Goldson and Lundstram even when they’re shit out of form due to a lack of presence elsewhere in the squad.

If Tav starts as Captain next season then Clement will be gone by December, Advocatt was ruthless enough to ditch Amo and make Barry captain 2 and a half years later 5 trophies won.

We haven't had a ruthless manager since Smith.

There is an argument for Gerrard, he had a streak of it in him, but still not convinced he'd have ever made a call as big as ditching Tav.

Probably whoever the experienced players are that clement is talking about bringing in.

Nobody in this squad would I have as captain. It doesn't even need to be someone that screams and shouts. Someone that orchestrates the team and drives them forward with quality. Look at odegaard at arsenal. He has Rice, Gabriel etc who are always shouting and organising. I see %^*& all of it in our team.

Unless Tav leaves I can’t see him being removed as captain. Who else would it go to? Most would say Butland but a few rumours he won’t be here.

If Tav starts as Captain next season then Clement will be gone by December, Advocatt was ruthless enough to ditch Amo and make Barry captain 2 and a half years later 5 trophies won.
Yes because that bit of cloth wins and loses games.
You could give the armband to any player, surround them by 10 better players and win the league.

Our issue isn't who wears an armband. It's the quality of the team which has been on a downward spiral for the last 3 seasons. Not 1 of our players currently would get a look in for the side that won the league under Gerrard.

Does tav do his job defensively? That’s his job first and foremost and he doesn’t do it.
Hes nowhere near as bad a defender as gets made out

Hes a modern day full back and if we replaced him with an old fashioned right back with no overlaps and balls in box that would be no use at all especially when most of our games its against 10 men behind the ball.

Yes because that bit of cloth wins and loses games.
You could give the armband to any player, surround them by 10 better players and win the league.

Our issue isn't who wears an armband. It's the quality of the team which has been on a downward spiral for the last 3 seasons. Not 1 of our players currently would get a look in for the side that won the league under Gerrard.
You should know better, it’s got nothing to do with wasting millions on Lammers, Danilo, Davies, Yilmaz etc, recruiting managers who are out of their depth, a never ending injury list, corrupt officials etc.

It’s all about the armband.

When Tav leaves what will happen to FF and Twitter?

The Rangers Da's think that if you take the bit of cloth from Tav's arm and put it on Butland or Sterling's then we'll become an all conquering treble winning side overnight.

Nothing to do with the rip roaring lady's front bottom we've made of recruitment over the last 3/4 years.

I like the idea of Sterling. He gives a %^*&, gets wired in and isn't scared to call out cowardly behaviour. We need a war time leader. I love Tav, but if his staying means he stays captain then we've a problem brewing.........again.

He's arguably the quietest player on the pitch which according to the Rangers Da's, isn't Rangers captain material? I thought you had to shout and scream at everyone to be a captain?

Suppose it helps when you can go out and spend tens of millions on proven international players as well?

Hes a modern day full back and if we replaced him with an old fashioned right back with no overlaps and balls in box that would be no use at all especially when most of our games its against 10 men behind the ball.
Watch the Celtic games again ( or Goals ) against us and come back and tell me he's a good defender

Watch the Celtic games again ( or Goals ) against us and come back and tell me he's a good defender
The 1 O Reily scores into Butland near post or 1 Launstorm put in his own under no pressure?

The goals at Ibrox

I admit Tav was poor for Maeda goal but was very unlucky where it ended up

Penalty

Idah scores Butland near post

I am not going back further but thats the recent 1s

You should know better, it’s got nothing to do with wasting millions on Lammers, Danilo, Davies, Yilmaz etc, recruiting managers who are out of their depth, a never ending injury list, corrupt officials etc.

Dont you think Tav as captain should be telling the club who to sign ?

The 1 O Reily scores into Butland near post or 1 Launstorm put in his own under no pressure?

The goals at Ibrox

I admit Tav was poor for Maeda goal but was very unlucky where it ended up

Penalty

Idah scores Butland near post

I am not going back further but thats the recent 1s
Tav should be blocking every shot because he's the captain so even though he had nothing to do with the majority of goals its still his fault

He chucked the team under the bus 28 seconds in, with his defending, in the biggest game of the season.

No need for the sarcasm. It could quite easily be all of the above.

Contriving to shit the bed against Ross County and Dundee when the title was within our grasp suggests that lack of on-field leadership is a factor.

Tavernier. Like it or not. Both he & Goldson will still be here.

PC talked this week of significant changes but you still need a spine.

With Jack, Roofe, Borna & Lundstram leaving who makes up that spine? Yep, Captain, Vice Captain and hopefully keeper.

No need for the sarcasm. It could quite easily be all of the above.

Contriving to shit the bed against Ross County and Dundee when the title was within our grasp suggests that lack of on-field leadership is a factor.
Sorry Admin.

Contriving to "shit the bed" as you put it showed me that the manager and his 'easy to play through' flawed formation had well and truly been found out, when rejects from Morecambe and Oxford are passing through our midfield the alarm bells were ringing.

Not to mention his 'chuck names in a tombola' style of picking his team and coming out with players who can't run like, Dowell and Lawrence, but aye it's "lack of on-field leadership".

Back